Phantis Forums
Greekaroos

Croatia - Greece ( Round 2, 1st Leg, 9 Nov. 2017, Stadion Maksimir, Zagreb )

10 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

Wtf how's he banned fringing FIFA

FIFA said Manolas was judged to be guilty of "intentionally seeking a yellow card" in a World Cup qualifying game.

• FIFA have banned Kostas Manolas for the first leg of Greece's World Cup play-off
  • The defender was found guilty of intentionally getting booked against Cyprus
  • The booking triggered a one-match ban which cleaned his record for play-offs
  • He will be unavailable for Greece's away leg at Croatia but can play the home tie 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5047531/FIFA-hand-Greece-s-Kostas-Manolas-World-Cup-play-ban.html#ixzz4xQn8TAAH

Edited by kbxk508

typical FIFA bullshit. When a elite class player time wastes, they do nothing. A player takes some time off the clock, sacrificing himself for the NT, sits out for the other game and is then dissalowed for the away leg.

Good thing we have depth in defense. K Paps will get his chance to show how good he can be. 

1 hour ago, kbxk508 said:

FIFA said Manolas was judged to be guilty of "intentionally seeking a yellow card" in a World Cup qualifying game.

• FIFA have banned Kostas Manolas for the first leg of Greece's World Cup play-off
  • The defender was found guilty of intentionally getting booked against Cyprus
  • The booking triggered a one-match ban which cleaned his record for play-offs
  • He will be unavailable for Greece's away leg at Croatia but can play the home tie 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5047531/FIFA-hand-Greece-s-Kostas-Manolas-World-Cup-play-ban.html#ixzz4xQn8TAAH

That's doesn't make sense be played against Gibraltar. If he got a yellow in the Cyprus game he would not play against Gibraltar. 

He got a yellow in the Cyprus game for time wasting in the 90th minute, and didn't play against Gibraltar

Forget this 0-0 1-0 1-1 business; Pirates 3-0 over the Crows, K Paps will scare them and Mykonos will score a brace.

10 hours ago, MelbourneGreek said:

typical FIFA bullshit. When a elite class player time wastes, they do nothing. A player takes some time off the clock, sacrificing himself for the NT, sits out for the other game and is then dissalowed for the away leg.

Good thing we have depth in defense. K Paps will get his chance to show how good he can be. 

Yes BS FIFA want Italy, Croatia and Switzerland .

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.

So he wasted time to get a yellow. It was too his advantage to do so and his team was up so it made sense.

It was the smart move based on his current situation.

When you get yourself into a favourable position you are entitled to take advantage of it. Belgium could have used a 3rd team against Bosnia and there would be nothing the Greek team could have done about it. They didn't but the point is that they could have since they had the group locked up.

Fifa should get a yellow card for wasting time on such a silly thing. And they do it now. Why not make the declaration right after the group phase was over.

Hopefully this lights a spark under the Greek team.

• Like it 1

This was absolutely done to favor Croatia there is no doubt about that. If it wasn't done to favor Croatia then it would have been done right of way. The Epo would have been notified that fifa are investigating Manolas actions. The fact the Fifa waited to see if Manolas was healthy and going to be ready to play before they made this Bullshit decision shows how criminal Fifa is. The funny thing is Fifa calls this a penalty against fair play... really Fifa calling it fair play the most corrupt organization to ever exist is laughable. Come on assholes keep throwing more at us to keep us from qualifying it wont work so be prepared to see our "boring soccer" in Russia you DUMB F***S...

Edited by J1078

What makes you think he’s out for both games? He seemed like he picks up a knock but he was able to play a bit afterwards and he walked off on his own, it was bothering him but he did try to play through it..

2 minutes ago, Brklyngrk said:

What makes you think he’s out for both games? He seemed like he picks up a knock but he was able to play a bit afterwards and he walked off on his own, it was bothering him but he did try to play through it..

maybe the fact that he couldn't step his right foot and the games are in thursday and sunday? wouldn't be shocking if he's out for like 10 days.

58 minutes ago, Boxou said:

sokratis got injured for dortmund...probably out for both games.

Are you kidding me now?? Socratis is out for the playoffs???  WTF can it get any worse for us.. I'm literally speechless right now. F*** it looks like its not meant to be ffs...

LOL! FIFA is on drugs! Banning Manolas for "purposely" getting a yellow card is so stupid! It's not his second yellow during the match or accumulated  from a previous match. 3 other Greek players did the same and yet they don't get banned. 

I hope Sokratis is OK 

Sport-fm and Gazetta both reporting that Sokratis said it is not serious and he will be fine for the matches.

• Like it 5

Guys, I think Greece will be fine without Manolas in the first leg. Papadopoulos is a good replacement. My only concern about him, he is not very mobile and covers ground like Manolas does. And we all know he is well know to have a short fuse. 

Edited by Molon Lave
  • Like it 1

My biggest worry is more about the 2nd leg.. if we need a goal in second half, who has ability to come on..zero options. Karelia should have been called. Guys like pelkas, diamantakos, vellios, bakasetas aren’t options

7 hours ago, J1078 said:

Are you kidding me now?? Socratis is out for the playoffs???  WTF can it get any worse for us.. I'm literally speechless right now. F*** it looks like its not meant to be ffs...

What is going on around this team? Unreal.

2 hours ago, Molon Lave said:

Guys, I think Greece will be fine without Manolas in the first leg. Papadopoulos is a good replacement. My only concern about him, he is not very mobile and covers ground like Manolas does. And we all know he is well know to have a short fuse. 

Yes Kpaps is solid but he can't run down forwards with the same burst of speed if needed like Manolas. Hopefully he keeps his emotions in check.

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, nick said:

My biggest worry is more about the 2nd leg.. if we need a goal in second half, who has ability to come on..zero options. Karelia should have been called. Guys like pelkas, diamantakos, vellios, bakasetas aren’t options

Gianniotis