Phantis Forums

Croatia - Greece ( Round 2, 1st Leg, 9 Nov. 2017, Stadion Maksimir, Zagreb )

Greekaroos

Nothing worked tonight.

You people wanna blame Skibbe ? Tzavellas ? Maniatis ? Im sorta with u. But nothing went our wa. Karnezis mistake and conceding 3 in one half is really something none of u expected and even Skibbe didn't think his team could concede almost as much as they did in 10 games total. The abscences also were a factor. If Toro was healthy we wouldn't see Maniatis there who was exposed totally by Perisic and we conceded 2 goals from his side.

I'd like a win in the next match. This team has honestly not played that bad and made so many mistakes in one match since 2010 that I started following consistently (haven't missed a match since then to be honest). 

Big losses against Colombia and Germany we looked way better than this.

Don't puss out. Greek at success Greek at failure too.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank
  • Like it 2

if Mitroglou had pounced on that chance when papa crossed the ball across the face of goal after mitro's header, the game ends 4-2 and the Athens game is a little more meaningful

But 4-1 is a mountain to climb and that is understatement of the year

• Like it 1

No way in hell does that he Epo renew Skibbes contract after that display.. he didn't prepare his team at all they all went in there playing scared, they looked like they've never played soccer before. the fact the he continued to make Tziolis a starter continued to play Tzavellas and with his embarrassing display tonight no way do I want this guy back. 

miracle to get through mate. I just want to see some changes in the squad for the future. today showed that defensively we have become shacky against the big sides. karnezis should of not started. personally anestis should of started.

Edited by Megas

2 minutes ago, J1078 said:

No way in hell does that he Epo renew Skibbes contract after that display.. he didn't prepare his team at all they all went in there playing scared, they looked like they've never played soccer before. the fact the he continued to make Tziolis a starter continued to play Tzavellas and with his embarrassing display tonight no way do I want this guy back. 

skibbe is done for our health. today he commited some crimes so after sunday he's going back to germany. no problem in losing but losing respectively and not like that.

• Like it 1

We were the architects of our own demise, the 1st and 4th goals were tragic, that's just poor decision making not coaching, but we were setup very poorly as well, would have had a chance if we nabbed a second, as it stands this is over, Croatia will just hold the ball and pass sideways and backwards on Sunday, we will huff and puff with some corners and direct play but best case we win narrowly, it's a shame it's a dead rubber now. Manolas returning will tighten the defence but as most of us feared we would be killed off in leg one.

We looked so unorganized out there.  Not sure if we were nervous or anxious, really poor game. Maniatis looked terrible, they kept on making those long passes down the flanks with ease. I think this is were you missed someone like Mandalos, his defense on the fullbacks is not appreciated.  Our midfield was non-existent. 

We knew we would play defensively but we didnt even do that right...barely pressured Croatia giving them tons of time on the ball...we played this game with no true wingers...all they had to do is pressure us in our own half and we fell apart...tsiolis sucks... We didnt play with same intensity as we did with Belgium....this team cant make a one two pass if there life depended on it. This defeatist attitude is killing us no passion except from k.paps and socratis. 

1 minute ago, Brklyngrk said:

We looked so unorganized out there.  Not sure if we were nervous or anxious, really poor game. Maniatis looked terrible, they kept on making those long passes down the flanks with ease. I think this is were you missed someone like Mandalos, his defense on the fullbacks is not appreciated.  Our midfield was non-existent. 

as an aek supporter I don't rate mandalos. but yet again I don't know who is worse mandalos or foutounis. is it that the greek league has dropped in quality so much that these guys are stand outs.

1 minute ago, druid said:

Don't blame you at all for signing up just to do that.. we didn't play soccer at all and you guys deserve to make fun of us after that performance. Estonia would have put up a better fight..

• Lazarus unfeatured this topic
  • Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic