Phantis Forums

Croatia - Greece ( Round 2, 1st Leg, 9 Nov. 2017, Stadion Maksimir, Zagreb )

Greekaroos

Why would you call up a player who has been out for the better part of a year? Don't kid yourself; no coach is going to play a guy who is out of the loop in such a vital game. I would be absolutely shocked if Pelkas saw any game time, as well.

agree, only way pelkas sees the pitch is if we are desperate for a goal. Can see Lazaros/Stafy starting on the wings. Unless Skibbe goes ultra defensive and plays Zeca wide instead of Lazaro/Bakasetas, which I wouldn't be shocked if he did it but don't think its the way to go personally 

4 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

And as expected the squad has been announced, no surprises, only one really is pelka being included as a doni/mantalo replacement. Toro included, they are obviously going to give him every chance to make it. Even if it's for the 2nd leg. 

Image may contain: 25 people, people smiling

Lets go boys get the job done, eliminate Croatia! Then it's off to the World Cup in Russia! Pa Me ELLADA!

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, Makynia said:

This is the lineup I believe he will go with in Croatia

Karnezis

Toro Manolas Sokratis Tzavellas

Zeca Tachtsidis

Lazaros Fortounis Stafylidis

Mitro

I hope he doesn't put in Tziolis. I will puke.

I cannot see a scenario where he does not start Tziolis. 

4 hours ago, pash said:

Why would you call up a player who has been out for the better part of a year? Don't kid yourself; no coach is going to play a guy who is out of the loop in such a vital game. I would be absolutely shocked if Pelkas saw any game time, as well.

sorry? vellios hasn't played a game in ages and he's AS FIT AS ME..NO INJURY AROUND, SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO CRACK FOREST'S BENCH..AND YOU'RE SAYING THIS IDIOT WILL BE MORE USEFUL THAN KARELIS?

FFS SKIBBE...

manolas will be out of the first game as fifa decided to suspend him for the first game

here we are waiting and praying to see if Manolas is fit and once we find out he's cleared Fifa screws us to benefit Croatia ffs..Manolas not starting for us in Croatia will make it very difficult for us to keep a clean sheet. I'm sorry but Vellios  does not deserve a call up at all that is a horrible decision by skibbe as the guy doesn't get regular playing time at all. I still think a Karelis at 60% is worth a call up over Vellios just to have as an option if we need him. 

• Like it 4

Unbelievable!!! Corrupt FIFA at it again. They have it out for the Greeks and how is it they can determine that Manolas did it purposely or not and why did they wait this long were they still looking at the footage? Gianniotas got his tooth knocked out by a Bosnian coach and all they got was a stadium switch!!!

In the end it won't matter as we can put in Kyriakos or Retsos and still keep a clean sheet and take care of business and they'll still have to watch our boring play defence and hit them on the counter attack brand of soccer in Russia.

We'll be in Russia with our Orthodox brothers and so will Mantalos!

Makynia out!!!

• Like it 4

42 minutes ago, J1078 said:

I can see the ref favoring Croatia to advance by giving them a Penalty if the game is very tight... Maybe I'm just feeling like that now after Fifa banned Manolas 6 days before our biggest match..  

if you which ref is going to whistle in the athens game...

bjorn kuipers..the name says it all. fcvking fifa and croatian nazis

Can the EPO appeal?  I had a feeling they would screw us on the field but this? Thats why was better to draw Denmark, they want Italy in for sure and Croatia because of Modric and Rackitic playing at there big LALIGA clubs.

i think those who will get to play will be more motivated with all those things going on lately..croatia officials talking s%$#!, starters getting injured and manolas getting suspended with a scandalous decision...

karnezis

torosidis sokratis papadopoulos tzavellas

zeca samaris kourmpelis stafylidis 

fortounis 

mitroglou 

that's the best we can field i think. 

• Like it 1

• Lazarus featured this topic
  • Lazarus unfeatured this topic
  • Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic