Phantis Forums

SL–R8: Olympiakos - PAOK (22 Oct 17, 20:30 EEST)

Blackhawk

We lost what is likely to be the hardest match of our season 1-0 after playing poorly for 60 minutes, and you think we're going to give up on the championship? You kidding me? I for one am still anticipating a close race.

What a $h!tty goal to lose to. Especially when the ball was rolling into the hands of Rey. What was Zambrano thinking?

Cimirot and Leovac have no business wearing a PAOK shirt and I cannot understand how Lucescu does not see this too. Our best player today was Matos who always seems to be flirting with a second yellow.

Just read that the g@y-bros held up a banner saying 'Death to Ivan Savvidis'. EPO should be burnt to the ground, I cannot believe they allow NT games to be played there.

14 minutes ago, pash said:

We lost what is likely to be the hardest match of our season 1-0 after playing poorly for 60 minutes, and you think we're going to give up on the championship? You kidding me? I for one am still anticipating a close race.

I'm not saying we won't or can't win the championship...I just said that we need to stop talking about it and concentrate on actually playing a fundamentally sound match for all 90 minutes.  The fact that Lucesco is quoted as saying we played good football only verifies the fact that he's a shitty coach and has no business on our bench. Mak and Vierinha should not start in another match until they get their s%$#! together.  Biseswar should be starting and El Kaddouri be his back up.  Biseswar is the better if the 2 and should be in when all the players are fresh.  

There is no reason why Deligiannidis isn't starting over Leovac...and honestly Limnios should be starting over mak, vieirinha or campos.

can Elkaddouri play next to Mauricio?  I can't look at Cimirot or Shakhov anymore....hell throw Pelkas in there.

Edited by BostonThanatos

At the beginning of the season, realistically, you would've penned this game down for a loss.  So in a sense, the result is not that disappointing. If anything the 3 away draws to mediocre teams were much worse results. I was more disappointed with those.

What is disappointing though is that this Olympiakos team is there for the taking.  They are definitely not the Olympiakos of a few seasons ago.  It would've been good to at least get a draw, which I believe was Lucescu's priority.  Having said that our defence seems to be solid this season.  Yes it's ironic that I'm saying that given we lost but if you look at their goal it was a nothing goal and other than that what chances did they create ?

Vieirinha and El Khadouri need to get fit.  They aren't for 90 minutes.  Mak has been poor, very poor.  They all deserve a spell on the bench.  I'm surprised to find myself saying we could've used a fit and in form Campos in this game.  Heck, even Henrique off the bench could've made the difference.  I still don't get why we loaned him out.  He would've run onto the pitch in a game like this like he'd just snorted a bunch of cocaine.

In the end it was predictable that it was going to be a dour game with few chances.  It's not the end of the world.  If we are within 3 or 4 points of the top at the winter break we'll be in a good position to challenge.  In the second half of the season we'll have Olympiakos, AEK, Panionios, Xanthi in Toumba (with fans) but anyway let's see how we go in the away games first.