Phantis Forums
Greekaroos

Greece vs Gibraltar (10 Oct. 2017, 21:45 EET - Karaiskakis Stadium, Piraeus)

I honestly love our team as underdogs.. We will advance to the World Cup we will sneak in somehow.. who ever we play we are in.. if we play like we did against Belgium who are stronger then the seeded teams we will be in the show next summer..

• Like it 1

Gianniotas has 2 goals in 4 games he has a better goal/game ratio than Mantalos and Fortounis. Gianniotas is a gun. He would be good off the bench from now on. Stafylidis played the best alongside Mitroglou. 

Do you see when you play Tachtsidis you can tell he is a midfielder and shows his intelligence with the ball. 

This was an easy game but we played so much better this game against Gibraltar than the first time we versed them. 

Kourbelis and Siopis should of been given a chance. Now we are on to the playoffs!

34 minutes ago, J1078 said:

This is the order I think would rather play.

1) Denmark

2)Swis

3)Croatia

4)Italy 

from these teams, croatia is the only team we have a winning record against.

but all tough, I'd take Denmark 1st too tho

1 hour ago, Chris Tsamados said:

Ok so I just checked and we can draw the following:

• Switzerland (seeded)
  • Italy (seeded)
  • Denmark (seeded)
  • Croatia (seeded)

Barring Italy we shouldn't be scared of any of those tbh.

Holland is out. 

Speaking to my Italian coworkers, they are scared and shitting right now. They have big problems right now. Almost lost to alvani and tied skopjia. Bring them on, there is blood in the water. Perfect time to pounce 

1 hour ago, Omonoia9 said:

Final Group H Standings:

Belgium-28

Greece-19

Bosnia-Herzegovina-17

Estonia-11

Cyprus-10

Gibraltar-0

Look at that shows how many points we left on board;which we had. So many unfavorable outcomes which we should have had. Gutted looking at that.

Nothing would give me more joy than drawing the Italians and knocking them out.  

That would make the coming Christmas with my brothers Calabrese in-laws a gift unto itself...

A part of me thinks Italy would be our easiest opponents as the games I've seen them play they looked like s%$#!... They are hhavung internal issues and this may be the time if any to play them. Yes we tied Estonia but they tied Macedonia and were lucky against Albania... my only concern is if we play the Italians will it be officiated fairly as fifa want Italy in the show as they draw a lot of income especially in ratings.. other than that I do think we can beat them..

Come to think of it, that is the one thing we are concerned about playing  Italy. The mafia from FIFA will do anything under their power to stop anyone  from qualifying. 

Edited by Molon Lave

greece vs. italy playoff games would be wild but I'd rather any of the other teams.

remember this is playoffs. so we HAVE to win at least one of the games. they have a solid defense and our offense is not sharp. they're very similar to us but just a higher level.

• Like it 1

Overall.

A good performance from defence midfield and attacking mids. All of them were creative Mantalos Fortounis and Gianniotas.

Stafylidis has started to feel the no playtime he has at Augsburg. His crosses used to be gold or at least most of them. In this match he had only 3-4 good and the lucky one with Gianniotas Goal.

Lazaros disappointed. The Lazaros meme ended. I still believe he deserves a spot as on his day he can take on better opponents too as he is unpredictable as a player. However, today he just disapointed. Could do nothing and looked out of sync with the team. Hardly helped. I believe the Mantalos-Fortounis-Donis trio behind Mitroglou is our best for starters.

Torosidis proved once again how good and how much of a key player he is. People may talk about Bakakis but he is not there yet, and might never be and do the career of Torosidis.

Mitroglou disappointed me as well. Hoping this was due to injury and no playtime since June but he really disappointed. He scored 2 goals but missed another 2-3. Same with Cyprus. Scored but lost a ton lot of chances.

Gianniotas mixed feelings. I wanna say "he did the work of Bakasetas and Lazaros and even Mantalos who re all preffered over him, in just 14 minutes. He scored." But honestly he just got in when they were all tired as fuq and weren't even following a tiny player like him with their eyes. His pros are that he smells the goal. He knew where to put himself on every occasion. He was the only one that believed in Stafylidis making that cross on the finish line and he freed himself from everyone to put his 4th goal. I believe he should be a 100% last 10-15 minute substitution on every match Greece plays. He is mobile and has workrate. He moves on the pitch. Anyways, so I can't say that he did better job than all the other wingers Skibbe has used on this campaign but he did score a very bizarre goal.

Wasn't expecting to form an opinion from this match but I did.

a) Karnezis must got really bored

b)Torosidis is deserved captain. He knows how to talk post match. He even εξέθεσε the EPO saying that "In Australia we talked with EPO and the Coach and discussed what went wrong in the previous campaign and tried to solve most of our problems.Everyone had fault not just the coach the players too and the EPO as well." Needs balls to be able to say that.

c) We re going to the playoffs boiz.

d) Mitroglou finding form with Marsseille will upgrade the whole way this team looks.

e)Gianniotas must be a sub after 75 especially if we re defending a score. Open opponent defences are the easiest to break.

f)Stafylidis future captain in 7-8 years. We ve forgotten Holebas with him but without playtime he will deteriorate. Idk the situation with him. He was supposed to get a move to Roma/Inter/Hamburg but none happened and now he is benched. Maybe "punishment" for wanting a move?Expect a sell during winter but hoping he gets playtime before we play the playoffs.

g)PLEASE DRAW DENMARK PLEASE DRAW DENMARK PLEASE DRAW DENMARK

Also, I know you lot probably gonna call me inhuman but, what did that retard want in Olympiakos Stadium with the shirt of Panathinaikos?? Literally feel no pity for someone so stupid who went there. He knows the situation in Greece. I ve even been stopped from OFI fans here in Heraklion with a Barcelona shirt and they told me to never wear that again. He just went to his archrival's stadium with his team's shirt.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank
  • Like it 2

he might have not known as it's pretty redicolous that you can't wear a pao shirt at an NT game. This is when we put club ties aside and maybe it was his only jersey. Remember the greek leagues emblem is also the same as the national teams.

• Like it 1

2 hours ago, J1078 said:

A part of me thinks Italy would be our easiest opponents as the games I've seen them play they looked like s%$#!... They are hhavung internal issues and this may be the time if any to play them. Yes we tied Estonia but they tied Macedonia and were lucky against Albania... my only concern is if we play the Italians will it be officiated fairly as fifa want Italy in the show as they draw a lot of income especially in ratings.. other than that I do think we can beat them..

FYROM OR SKOPIA FOR EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM

4 hours ago, Chris Tsamados said:

Who was the last Greek player to get a hatrick??

Probably Gekas when he scored all five goals in Greece’s 5-2 win over Latvia in a 2010 WCQ match?

1 hour ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Gianniotas mixed feelings. I wanna say "he did the work of Bakasetas and Lazaros and even Mantalos who re all preffered over him, in just 14 minutes. He scored." But honestly he just got in when they were all tired as fuq and weren't even following a tiny player like him with their eyes. His pros are that he smells the goal. He knew where to put himself on every occasion. He was the only one that believed in Stafylidis making that cross on the finish line and he freed himself from everyone to put his 4th goal. I believe he should be a 100% last 10-15 minute substitution on every match Greece plays. He is mobile and has workrate. He moves on the pitch. Anyways, so I can't say that he did better job than all the other wingers Skibbe has used on this campaign but he did score a very bizarre goal.

I agree 100% with this comment. I knew he was capable of scoring and he did. 

Check out the guys from  ESPN. They said that Greece only have a 24% chance of qualifying for the World Cup. Interestingly though, Shaka Hislop said that Greece would be the one unseeded team to have the best chance to qualify over Sweden and both Ireland nations. 

• Like it 1

5 hours ago, J1078 said:

I honestly love our team as underdogs.. We will advance to the World Cup we will sneak in somehow.. who ever we play we are in.. if we play like we did against Belgium who are stronger then the seeded teams we will be in the show next summer..

If they play like they did vs Belgium they can beat any of these sides. Denmark is our best option, Italy are not the same but wouldn't want to go against them as they play similar defensive game as we do. Plus I'm sure FIFA would find away to get them in. Switzerland don't scare me and we havs done well vs Croatia. 

• Like it 3

Looking forward to the playoffs,

I think looking back to both Belgium matches, if they fight like those matches....then Greece can battle with any of the higher seeded teams. When was the last time Greece got any favours, I won't say it never happens....but usually we get the difficult path.

Some of the negative people in the forums, and in the Kafenia complain about the players, squad, formation, tactics, coaching, results. But we should all keep in mind that other teams are facing their own problems. For example, Italy as others mention. What about the Swiss, they had a reality check versus a fortunate (own goal) Portugal. So let the top seeds pump their tires, let Greece be lowly, underserving Greece.

Now we are beginning to be healthy, and it appears that in regards to cards (red/yellows) we are looking in good shape. We finished 2nd in our group, where we rightful belong. Belgium were strongest period.

I was pleased to see Messi score 3 today and punch Argentina's ticket to the world cup. ARGENTINA, to all the pessimists who week in week out moaned, and complained, and failed to realize that the ETHNIKI is what it is. This is what we have, this is the team the coach works with. He makes the decisions, and his decisions coinciding with the play of the entire squad have led us to this point. As well the National team is finally a team again.

It is nice to see that there are plenty of other Greeksters in the forum who through the good and bad results remained positive. These are the Greekster that I would like to have a few fix beers, and some meze enjoying a match. A special shout out to Rockefeller Skank for your great posts.

• Like it 3

i know you are too young to understand

but one of my favourite things i learned in management school was that with time, things will adjust and balance themselves to the forces of nature. you can try very hard, but nature will come back out and reality will occur. (example.... play a player out of position)

your reappearance under a new pseudonym does not surprise me at all

it is Poetry... it is Art 

it's become a poem that rhymes and repeats itself.

join public forum. 

plant seeds of distrust

accuse posters as unpatriotic, if they do not share your views

throw flowers to other posters to try and create a divide

come out attacking with the megaphones of winning, megaposts of nonsense attacking all SME's with the sole intention to divide

cross a line

get kicked out, banned

go back to your mommy's basement with a tapsi of pastitsio and try to figure out what went wrong

then repeat the rhyme

how many times have you been sanctioned, banned or kicked out? must be reaching double digits about now

will it be different this time

or will it still rhyme?

the forces of nature tell me

that it's only a matter of time

and this poem will continue to rhyme

repeat.... repeat.... repeat

but one day you will understand that another force of nature is at play

and all this time, it was the real force behind the scenes

like every poem, as well as your underlying tactics.... there is a beginning, a middle and an end.

karma, and she's a bitch.

welcome back. hope you learned your mathima. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

what did that retard want in Olympiakos Stadium with the shirt of Panathinaikos?? Literally feel no pity for someone so stupid who went there.

What happened to him?