Phantis Forums

Greece vs Gibraltar (10 Oct. 2017, 21:45 EET - Karaiskakis Stadium, Piraeus)

Greekaroos

3 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

Something to keep our eyes on, Mitro, Tzavella, Stafylidi and Retso are one yellow away from missing the first leg of the play-off (assuming we get it done tonight) Losing Mitro would be a disaster, while if we lost both our left backs it would leave us with a hole 

i don't think they're idiots enough to take a yellow in a game against gibraltar? i believe stafylidis should have taken one too though. but i can see them taking one in the first playoff game and miss the second one.

If they were smart Mitro should have taken a yellow in the Cyprus game so he would miss this game and have a clean slate for the playoffs... It puts him in danger getting a yellow in the first leg of the playoffs and missing the second game..

8 minutes ago, Polikastano said:

In reality Mitroglou doesnt even need to play to get a result in this game, but after the Faroe Islands disaster i wouldnt take any chances.  As a striker he should not be getting a caution.  After 2 goals i would take him off.

Ya very true I was just thinking that.. we lost to Luxembourg and the fore islands twice so why take the chance.. Inagree if we are up by a couple take him out..

Edited by J1078

I honestly think that Skibbe's line up without injury is alwyas going to be

Karnezis

Toro - Sokratis - Manolas - Stafylidis

Zeka - Samaris(or Tziolis/Tachtsidis if height is needed)

Mantalos Fortounis Donis

Mitroglou

We see Stafylidis up front usually when we have noone else available. If Stafylidis manages to get anyplaytime I believe he will kick Tzavellas from the stating spot and go LB instead.

So Lazaros keeping up with his unrealistic form in both Europe and Greek League, as well as deliver in this match(even though its just Gibraltar a proper winger will probably destroy that weak defence on his own). will probably kick Mantalos and Tzavellas off the starting line up. It might be the first time in a while(Salpiggidis early 30s maybe) since we have had at least decent players on the wings. Can;t wait to see how that works though. I can't judge Lazaros from this match but he has been dragging Aek on his own for last year(Mantalos didnt evne do that well and he was still getting called up) and now with a much more competitive roster everyone still looks up to him in moments of crisis.

• Like it 1

5 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

Something to keep our eyes on, Mitro, Tzavella, Stafylidi and Retso are one yellow away from missing the first leg of the play-off (assuming we get it done tonight) Losing Mitro would be a disaster, while if we lost both our left backs it would leave us with a hole 

Ya gotta keep an eye on that can't have Mitroglou pick up a card. We have to put them away early and then sub him off.

• Lazarus changed the title to Greece vs Gibraltar (10 Oct. 2017, 21:45 EET - Karaiskakis Stadium, Piraeus)

GREECE

1 Karnezis(GK)

5 Papadopoulos

7 Christodoulopoulos

8 Zeca

10 Fortounis

11 Mitroglou

15 Torosidis(Captain)

17 Tachtsidis

19 Papastathopoulos

20 Mantalos

21 Stafylidis

BENCH

12 Kapinos(GK)

13 Anestis(GK)

2 Maniatis

3 Tzavellas

6 Tziolis

9 Vellios

14 Bakasetas

16 Kourbelis

18 Gianniotas

22 Siopis

23 Retsos

Manager: Michael Skibbe(GER)

Looks like this is what we are going with.

Karnezis

Toro---------kpaps---------Sokratis-----Staf

Zeca---------Taxi

Mantalos-----Fortounis------Laz

Mitro

this line up looks solid..

Just now, Chris Tsamados said:

Missed the first 15 mins have we had any chances yet?

Not much. We're toying with them, which I don't like. A lot of lazy longballs

1 minute ago, Chris Tsamados said:

Not really.. I think we hit the net once and that was a free kick just now from Laz.. sloppy ball movement..

Edited by J1078

1 minute ago, Chris Tsamados said:

couple of half chances, stafylidis header over the bar from a nice cross

Slightly heavy touch for Mitro on a through ball that he then missed, whicih if he managed to get under control was 1 on 1 with keeper

Nothing that special so far

• Lazarus unfeatured this topic
  • Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic