Phantis Forums

SL–R7: PAOK - PAS Lamia 1964 (15 Oct 17, 16:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

PAOK.jpg.ca07001feadb6df87300740aa75bc8c1.jpg  VS  New_Logo_of_the_Greek_football_club_%22Lamia_F.C.%22.png

MATCHUP:            P.A.O.K. Thessaloniki – PAS Lamia 1964
COMPETITION:    Superleague – Round 7
DATE:                     15-Oct-2016
TIME:                     16:00 GR  (13:0 GMT, 08:00 CDT, 00:00 AEDT
CITY/STADIUM:   Thessaloniki - Toumba Stadium (Capacity: 28,703)
REFEREES:            Thanasis Tzilios (Larisa) - Spyros Vasilopilos (Evros), Georgios Kelazoglou (Halkidiki) 
TELEVISION:        Novasport 2 (Greece, Cyprus, Albania), PAOK TV (Worldwide)

PAOK – PAS Lamia 1964 history:

This is the first meeting between the two clubs in Superleague.

• Blackhawk changed the title to SL–R7: PAOK - PAS Lamia 1964 (15 Oct 17, 16:00 EEST)

There is no excuse not to get 3 points out of this game. We beat Panaitolikos and Giannina at home (even if barely). Two teams that are one class above Lamia.

Lamia will come in to Toumba with a double-decker bus. We have the players that are capable of unlocking such defense. The question is if they actually will. We are due for a game that open the floodgates. This could be the game.  Nice convincing win will send us on high note into the game at Karaiskaki one week later.

An intruder, boys! :biggrin:

I think PAOK knows your strenght, Lamiara. We lost the friendly in the beginning of August. That was also behind closed doors. But than again. We are PAOK. We make easy things difficult. Especially for ourselves.

1 hour ago, Yiankos said:

Let's see if we Biseswar will show back... Sorry guys, but whenever this guy plays the whole team changes. I hope El Khaddouri will soon reach Biseswar's level, from what I saw already though he is a little behind.

What I want is for both Biseswar and El Khaddouri to be playing.  Biseswar as the 10 and El Khaddouri as the 8.  Seriously, with half the teams in the league you only need one DM.  In theory Mauricio is the man (at least we're paying him enough for him to brag about it) but we'll see how he goes.

On 10/6/2017 at 2:08 AM, Lamiara ole said:

Keep underestimating Pas Lamia and Mr. Tenes and you will leave Toumba very disappointed!

No problem. We arranged for the game to be played without fans, so nobody will be leaving Toumba disappointed. :cool:

• Haha 1

• Blackhawk changed the title to SL–R7: PAOK - PAS Lamia 1964 (15 Oct 17, 16:00 EEST)

Leveque is not at full practice with the rest of the team. Looks like they will bring him in gradually so he is 100% ready. I think he will get playing time in the cup game against Pontos. Hopefully he will stay healthy as we will need him. He's better than Leovac IMHO.

I think we will see the same lineup as in previous games with maybe one or two changes. 

My lineup:

------------------------ Rey --------------------------
Matos - Zambrano - Crespo - Leovac
------- Cimirot ------------- Mauricio --------
Vierinha ----- Biseswar ------------- Mak
-------------------- Prijovic -------------------

That's what I think we'll see too. Lamia will likely park the bus, so I think once we're down to 20 or 30 minutes and have not yet scored, we'll see Shakhov come in for one of the DMs. Then probably Pelkas for whoever looks most tired (I'm looking at you, Diego)

I also expect Vierinha and/or Mak to finally make some impact on the Parked School Bus defensive formation by Lamia. At some point all hell will break loose and we will beat one of those teams with a 4:0 to 5:0 scoreline. Probably won't happen this Sunday, but it's coming.

Mak did say that up until the time this past international break happened, he wasn't yet in shape. Do you buy that?

I also wonder if Mak's skillset is conducive towards scoring against a team that will likely play deep. I mean I guess he managed it two years ago with us, but it's hard for him to take advantage of beating an offside trap when there's no space with which to do it.

Mak is definitely suited to playing in more space. His dribbling is essentially out pacing a defender which is hard to do, as you say pash when a team sits so deep and there is no space. He has not looked his old self since he came across, hopefully it is just him finding his feet and getting fit again, because if I'm honest he has been pretty poor so far. 

13 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Leveque is not at full practice with the rest of the team. Looks like they will bring him in gradually so he is 100% ready. I think he will get playing time in the cup game against Pontos. Hopefully he will stay healthy as we will need him. He's better than Leovac IMHO.

I think we will see the same lineup as in previous games with maybe one or two changes. 

My lineup:

------------------------ Rey --------------------------
Matos - Zambrano - Crespo - Leovac
------- Cimirot ------------- Mauricio --------
Vierinha ----- Biseswar ------------- Mak
-------------------- Prijovic -------------------

Isn't there a Greek player available to be included in the starting line up?

What kind of Greek team(especially PAOK with glory days and players like Koudas,Sarafis, Terzanidis…) has no Greek players to offer in this SL?

I am very disappointed having watched PAOK in the last 40 years producing big players and having no Greek players in the starting line up against Lamia!

Terrible!

These players were selected for the game against Lamia:

Ρέι , Πασχαλάκης , Λέοβατς , Δεληγιαννίδης , Μάτος , Κρέσπο , Μαλεζάς , Ζαμπράνο , Κάνιας , Σάκχοφ , Μαουρίτσιο , Πέλκας , Μπίσεσβαρ , Λημνιός , Βιεϊρίνια , Ελ Καντουρί , Μακ , Πρίγιοβιτς .

So no Kace, no Djalma, no Cimirot and no Varela.

You are right, Lamiara. It is football nowadays. Chelsea plays with more Spaniards in the squad than Atletico. Greece is no exeption to that trend. I like the idea of the late Cruyff who said that all teams should always play with at least 6 players of your country. But in Europe there is this freedom of labour. Maybe Brexit has good influence to that trend.