Phantis Forums
athinaios

Daily Team News [ 2017 ]

Lazarus

Recent years: 2016 | 2015

Message added by Lazarus

Shame on the people who run the show!

Shame on the fans who have brought misery to the biggest club in Greece!

If by any remote chance they are thinking relegation...God help them!

•  

http://www.sdna.gr/podosfairo/superleague/article/425274/ksepoylima-synexizetai-apo-ton-dithen-apoxorisanta

It looks like the fans will be mobilized,  and go after Alafouzos.  He had 50 over at his house last week....I wouldn't be surprised if we see thousands over there.   It took them 5 years to realize that he's destroying the team.   Many  including myself  have been saying this for at least 5 years....MIGHT BE TOO LITTLE,   TOO LATE.
Edited by jvc

Its basically a question of making the first move and then things can snowball....like with Tzigger. The symaxia's new president is pretty outspoken and seems to be willing to take that step to get things rolling....but as JVC said it might be too little too late seeing as most of the talent is leaving the team for very little money and it will require a major effort to not get relegated one way or another.

It took a 30,000 idiots uprising to get rid of the wealthiest family of Greece!

Is there 30 of them to go tell alafouzo to f...off?

Antithesis:

Vardinoggiannis family: wrote some of the most glorious pages in the history of Panathinaikos! ΕΦΥΓΕ ΚΛΩΤΣΙΔΟΝ!

Alafouzos: is destroying anything valuable that this team holds...ΧΩΡΙΣ ΝΑ ΑΝΟΙΞΕΙ ΜΥΤΗ!

ΝΑ ΧΑΙΡΟΜΑΣΤΕ ΤΟΝ ΝΕΟ ΠΑΝΑΘΗΝΑΙΚΟ ΜΑΣ!

ΜΑΣ ΠΑΕΙ ΤΡΩΧΑΔΗΝ ΣΤΗ Β' ΕΘΝΙΚΗ!

Let's differentiate between the capetanio and Tzigger... Yes, the first will always be associated with the best of PAO's history, but Tzigger presided during a drought in domestic titles, and he wasn't very competent. He didn't care enough or knew how to stop the league's preferential treatment for Oly.

So, "the family" has a mixed record.  And, it was them that stopped the Yannakopoulos brothers from taking over the football club. They wanted to give something to Tzigger to play with.

• Like it 1

8 hours ago, Hudson said:

Let's differentiate between the capetanio and Tzigger... Yes, the first will always be associated with the best of PAO's history, but Tzigger presided during a drought in domestic titles, and he wasn't very competent. He didn't care enough or knew how to stop the league's preferential treatment for Oly.

So, "the family" has a mixed record.  And, it was them that stopped the Yannakopoulos brothers from taking over the football club. They wanted to give something to Tzigger to play with.

This is the truth of the matter in regards to the Vardinogiannides....captain was willing to do what it takes to win where as Tzigger basically approached the team with a lackadaisical attitude and seemed content with 2nd or 3rd place....never tried to bring in top names like Rivaldo or Giovanni (and I somewhat agreed with that philosophy at the time) while there was money coming in from europe. Also would refuse to reward players for their performances instead letting them leave for free....selling Seitaridis before the Euro was a huge mistake as well and he started the accumulation of debts in the years before the polymetoxoi. Still would rather have a disinterested Tzigger than a schizophrenic, two faced Alafouzo just for the stability.

^^^

sure, at least under Tzigger the bills were paid and the team wasn't under constant threat of point deductions and relegation to 3rd div....

.... (I feel sad to think of these two choices..... neither of which is/was appropriate for PAO)

PS. Tzigger said that he wasn't to play dirty, 'cause such a thing was beneath him.... OK, I can see that but then it's also unacceptable to participate in something so dirty, illegitimate, which he did but without fighting back. His failure is greater than Alafouzos' because of his money and the family's position in Greek society.  The captain was a much different man....  But, he and his brothers gave our club to a  former car racer (Tzigger) who knew nothing about the sport or had the skills to guide a club.

Edited by Hudson

^^^^^
Tzigger was content with the status quo at the time and that was why he didn't see the need to invest more into building the team....as you say he decided to get involved and did so in a half assed way because of his lack of character and determination in footballing matters.

On another note its good to see Kourbelis taking the decision to stay on and help the club fight relegation. We lost Moledo, Villafanez, Hult, Hiljermark, Koutroubis along with Chavez in the winter transfer window with only the first 3 really impacting the team in a consistent manner. Insua should be able to take over for Hult. It would have been nice if Moledo stuck around until the end of his contract and helped out. Is Luciano still on the team? I know there were efforts to dump him but I haven't found anything substantial regarding this....an understandable but shi##y move as far as injured players go. Mystakidis and Kace should be able to contribute something if they are in game form.

We drew at home against Panetoliko, 0-0.  Kourbelis got injured and will be out about a month.

I just hope Marinos has time to beef up this team before we play the top 3 teams, 'cause I don't want to see a disaster.

^^^^The best we can hope for is that the players on the team remain healthy because there is no depth in the roster.
On a another note there is mention that Alafouzo is putting in some money soon to pay the players....I'm assuming its part of the money coming from the recent deals which Alafouzo tried to use to pay the eforia but got found out....pathetic s.o.b.

11 hours ago, jvc said:

http://www.sdna.gr/podosfairo/superleague/article/432107/ekselikseis-ston-pao-ta-lefta-poy-mpainoyn-o-ependytis-kai-i

Alafouzos has decided to put in at least 4mil to 5 by the end of February....this will insure license and the club will move on.  Also the players and coaching staff were paid fully yesterday.  The club is not getting relegated.

After today's loss relegation would be 1 step closer....and not for financial reasons. Fortunately the bottom feeders in the GSL suck pretty bad  so we should be able to stay up. I can understand how uncertainty can undermine a team but the points that have been lost this season have to fall on Ouzounides....especially before the christmas break when the roster had enough quality to bring results against most GSL teams....He seems to have gotten a free pass simply because of the economic situation but he's made many mistakes tactically and especially not being able to recognize and correct these mistakes during the course of a game when things aren't working.

3 hours ago, AchillesHeel said:

After today's loss relegation would be 1 step closer....and not for financial reasons. Fortunately the bottom feeders in the GSL suck pretty bad  so we should be able to stay up. I can understand how uncertainty can undermine a team but the points that have been lost this season have to fall on Ouzounides....especially before the christmas break when the roster had enough quality to bring results against most GSL teams....He seems to have gotten a free pass simply because of the economic situation but he's made many mistakes tactically and especially not being able to recognize and correct these mistakes during the course of a game when things aren't working.

Relegation?  Not happening.   As for tactics....PAO is a development team Atm... should have gone up by 2 in the first.  Team is looking good.  Ouzo is doing a great job.

Edited by jvc

12 hours ago, jvc said:

Relegation?  Not happening.   As for tactics....PAO is a development team Atm... should have gone up by 2 in the first.  Team is looking good.  Ouzo is doing a great job.

Don't make me laugh!

You know, if Dimitris Y leaves the basketball club (as he's saying he will if the fans decide to stay in the Euroleague), he could come over and ....

8 minutes ago, Lamiara ole said:

They are talking about some Chinese taking over! Is that true?

Never heard anything....what sources?

The coach has done a tremendous job in light of the circumstances.  He lost his best players right before the season started.  He had to integrate so many players and keep morale high as the threat of relegation has been omnipresent. All things considering, the fact that he is still here is a win!!!

^^Absolutely.  And we have very good young talent.   By the begging of next season,  teams debts should be in much better shape.

It was a pretty ugly 0-1 victory for the team's first away win. PAO lacked cohesiveness and the lack of quality showed throughout the game but they managed to get the all important 3 points.