Phantis Forums
athinaios

Daily Team News [ 2017 ]

Lazarus

Recent years: 2016 | 2015

Message added by Lazarus

I don't blame Marcus for wanting to leave, he has been loyal to our club for years, but things are getting worse not better.. on the other hand, he is the BEST a player in the Greek SuperLeague and if he wants to leave, Panathinaikos needs to get paid, the Arabs are trying to get him for peanuts and that's bullshit. If Marcus really loves the club he needs to make sure PAO get what they want for him

For sure if PAO was in the state it is, they could have more leverage in negotiations, Berg is for sure the best Greek League striker, but I think his transfer price will not be anywhere near what Mitroglou's was for example. Also, PAO does not benefit much by selling Berg, apparently his previous club has 40-50% of his rights and Berg himself has 10% of any transfer fee he brings in.

I also read that Berg has a minimum fee release clause (and the offer received is lower) anyone know what the min fee is in his contract?

Berg's transfer fee is 10 million euros.. Panathinaikos is suppose to get 5.5 million of that if I am not mistaken, the rest goes to Hamburg and a small percentage goes to Berg. 

Apparently the Arabs offered something like 2.5 million for the transfer , and have offered Berg over 3 million a year in salary, a lot more then what he makes at PAO. The PAO board has stated if they give us PAO's 5 million they can take him, I think they shouldn't settle for anything less then that. 

Like i said before, if Marcus loves the team as much as he says he does, he needs to make sure PAO gets paid so he can help the club

1 hour ago, Jimmy Prasinos said:

if Marcus loves the team as much as he says he does, he needs to make sure PAO gets paid so he can help the club

I don't think your expectations of him here specifically are very realistic, with all due respect Jimmy.

10 hours ago, Jimmy Prasinos said:

Berg's transfer fee is 10 million euros.. Panathinaikos is suppose to get 5.5 million of that if I am not mistaken, the rest goes to Hamburg and a small percentage goes to Berg. 

Apparently the Arabs offered something like 2.5 million for the transfer , and have offered Berg over 3 million a year in salary, a lot more then what he makes at PAO. The PAO board has stated if they give us PAO's 5 million they can take him, I think they shouldn't settle for anything less then that. 

Like i said before, if Marcus loves the team as much as he says he does, he needs to make sure PAO gets paid so he can help the club

Get ready for relegation.   Alafouzos failed....the team is officially bankrupt.  

10 hours ago, Tzatziki said:

I don't think your expectations of him here specifically are very realistic, with all due respect Jimmy.

I am realizing that hes actually a "kolopaido" the way he is acting, hes a great player and when you wanna leave a team, well the team has to get paid for you to leave, some players think that because they wanna leave the team will just let them leave for free or for a really low fee..

When Cisse left PAO he was the best player in Greece and we got paid 5,80 million euros at the time, why should PAO let Berg walk for anything less? PAO needs to put their foot down.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Prasinos said:

I am realizing that hes actually a "kolopaido" the way he is acting, hes a great player and when you wanna leave a team, well the team has to get paid for you to leave, some players think that because they wanna leave the team will just let them leave for free or for a really low fee..

When Cisse left PAO he was the best player in Greece and we got paid 5,80 million euros at the time, why should PAO let Berg walk for anything less? PAO needs to put their foot down.

PAO will not be able to stop him....team still hasn't paid him fully this season,  or the rest of the roster.   This is getting ridiculous now....Take the license away and relegate the club NOW!!!  Kick Alafouzos out and start over!!!

What would taking the license away and relegating the club accomplish besides destroying the team? There is no rich white knight coming, so if they get relegated, things will get worse, not better...

Berg is acting as any other pro player would!

He is a professional player who has a last chance to make a few bucks through a contract!

Anyone in his place would do the same thing!

The team needs to get paid and he needs to realize that.

The player in my opinion is GONE

A very good greek saying says…

Τη δοξα πολλοι εμυσησαν…το χρημα ουδης!

He is going for the money and nothing else!

Personally I don't think he was ever with the team!

He did it for our nice weather,the greek hospitality and the mere fact that his wife liked greece!

Good Riddance!

Kapetanie   TAKE OVER PLEEEEEASE!

Edited by Lamiara ole

^^I don't believe it will destroy the club....The club is destroyed already.  BANKRUPT!  More debt from when Alafouzos took over.  Team will be in the relagation zone next season.  Now is the opportunity to get rid of Alafouzos.

3 hours ago, Lamiara ole said:

The team needs to get paid and he needs to realize that.

.................He is going for the money and nothing else!

I agree with both statements, clearly hes going to make some fast cash in which will probably be his last contract

C3bJzjcWYAEfHnP.jpg

http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/article/1099036/koryfaia-elliniki-omada-sto-ch-league-o-panathinaikos-pic-vids

Interesting article!

It goes to show you the magnitude of PANATHINAIKOS!

Even though we are no longer participate in the CL we are still the TOP TEAM COMING FROM GREECE!

The rest is …να εχουμε να λεμε!

Edited by Lamiara ole

On 2017-06-21 at 0:04 PM, jvc said:

PAO will not be able to stop him....team still hasn't paid him fully this season,  or the rest of the roster.   This is getting ridiculous now....Take the license away and relegate the club NOW!!!  Kick Alafouzos out and start over!!!

As per media reports, you're wrong Berg has got paid therefore PAO can absolutely stop him, he has no case

^^Greek media reports from Alafouzos,  or the real news,  makes a big difference.  I'm hearing PAO will only get 2.5 for Berg....and Moledo confirmed for 1.5mil.  We're getting peanuts!!!

From what has taken place in the last few days, I am almost certain that if someone doesn't step in to take over for alafouzo the team will have a hell of a time staying in the 1st division. Getting rid of Berg limberopoulo and who knows who is next, will make us a mid table team striving not to relegate. Is this what alafouzou envisioned  and promised to the Panathinaikos fans?

I am one of the first people in  here who thought and voiced their opinion that this guy SHOULD GO IMMIDIATELY! SIX YEARS of this fiasco are enough! 

PANATHINAIKOS DESERVES BETTER THAN THAT.

so berg is leaving for  3 million...hearing hult will also go owned money too.....altman arriving as our first summer signing..dabiza linked with a return to technical director a few positives..

On 2017-6-22 at 1:22 PM, Jimmy Prasinos said:

As per media reports, you're wrong Berg has got paid therefore PAO can absolutely stop him, he has no case

I'm not wrong as proven....there's Greek news,  and then we have real news.  Alafouzos had no leg to stand on,  so he would lose in court....the team owed Berg millions of dollars.  That's the reason PAO received only 2.5 for him....Like I have been saying for years, Alafouzos will destroy Panathinaikos!  

What has happened to the big shots Gate 13?  Where are they?  Gonna be signing like losers in the stands for the next decade,  watching PAO become another PLATANIA.  

Who won this battle?  The family?  Or Gate 13?  

Edited by jvc

If it wasn't for Alafouzos, wouldn't PAO be in Gamma? I am not saying he is doing a great job but there is no one else stepping up to the plate. 

27 minutes ago, Brklyngrk said:

If it wasn't for Alafouzos, wouldn't PAO be in Gamma? I am not saying he is doing a great job but there is no one else stepping up to the plate. 

^^That's because he's in charge,  and holding PAO hostage. That being said, wouldn't PAO be up already if they were relegated 2012?  Debt free!!!  AEK was in debt 150 million,  they're up debt free!!! So now he has you convinced that PAO is way better off with him.   The team is in more debt since he has taken over.  Gate 13 is finished and silenced.  The fan base is small and getting smaller.  You can also say goodbye to Europe for good....basically you're looking at PLATANIA, PAS, LEVADIA,   The new PAO.  PAO is getting relegated one way or another,  mark my words.  The longer we sit back and watch, the harder it will get in the end!  The fans need to boycott all games,  sabotage to the point Alafouzos has no choice but to vanish. This is the only way PAO can be saved. That being said....I'm hoping they get demolished in Europe qualifying.  Start the season dropping points, fans reacting and points deducted.  Ouzo leaves,  and then the end for Alafouzos.  If the team gets relegated,  not a problem,  the right pearson will take over!

Edited by jvc

^^If you don't pay,  the players will role over.  Alafouzos has already gone on record saying he promises to pay the players last years salary,  by November. I'm telling you guys,  Alafouzos will not last up to November....get ready for relegation!

Edited by jvc

11 hours ago, Brklyngrk said:

As a PAO fan, why are you wishing that PAO get relegated?

Why,  because a team cannot carry a 40 million dollars debt,  playing in a league that generates very little cash....basically a poor league with very little TV revenues. That being said,  claiming bankruptcy and writing off the debt is out of the equation with the new rules....but dropping down will allow you to seek arbitration and negotiate on your debts. Basically get your s%$#! together. If PAO did this,  we would come back with a new owner owing 10 million,  not 40 and counting.