Phantis Forums

Daily Team News [ 2017 ]

athinaios
Message added by Lazarus

Recent years: 2016 | 2015

Never underestimate the stupidity of people....   It'd only take 1 disgruntled person owed money by PAO to send the club down to 3rd div. if they're not willing to settle. Likewise if a player with a long(er) contract doesn't like the payment situation and has found a team offering him a good contract, what do you think he'd do? Players who aren't paid according to their contract, can demand 100% payment, and if the club doensn't pay on time, they can be free to go to another team.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UEFA seems to be content with PAO's arrangements so far with its creditors and others who are owed money.  But this is not  so great if you think there's no income for a while, until they sell some players in January. This is the best team and it's only 4 points clear of relegation. Things won't get easier in the second half of the season. The last effort by someone to  come up with a financial plan ended in immediate failure.

I don't see how the fans can come up with money (even if it's 50e a person) in such difficult times. The  rich owners who made the horrible decisions and mismanaged players and money should be paying. But, unfortunately this isn't happening. 

I'm afraid a historic team may soon go under....  I don't see any solution  now. If there was someone interested with enough $ $$ to really save the club, they would have appeared by now, don't you think?

As for the article above, why haven't they applied for such extensions with the bank? DOn't they know about it?  The longer the Nova money goes to the bank (all of it) this season, the less ability the club has to pay its expenses. The bank should be aware that if PAO goes to 2nd div, no tv contract; also the league will lose.

Sounds like UEFA is giving PAO the chance to sell some players in the coming transfer window and then revisit the issue after that.

As for the idea of asking the fans to donate, it's great ... in theory.  But given the current situation why should the fans donate.  There is still no transparency on what the exact financial situation at the club is.  At the very least a sincere administration would offers shares to the fans.  But apparently that is the bastion of rich owners only.  Fans should just donate and not ask questions apparently.  I'm not even a PAO fan and this situation is frustrating.

As an aside, if the fans actually could get organised and get 300,000 people to donate 50 euros each, you don't even need a "rich" president at that point.  You have the ability to run it for yourselves.  A true fan club.

Don't expect 300,000 fans to come up with $50 each!

This is a joke!

No Greek citizen even if they are fanatics, will come up with that!

The Greek financial crisis has left them  ΤΑΠΗ ΚΑΙ ΨΗΧΡΑΙΜΟΙ!

I have experienced it first hand in my last 5 visits to the home land!

There is misery all over,and the people will try to put food on their table before they think about saving Panathinaikos!

Panathinaikos traditionally was managed by wealthy families.

Every attempt by Συμαχειες and the rest will fail miserably!

There are only two families that could raise that cross and carry it!

Their names are Vardinogiannis and Giannakopoulos!

The first has bailed out due to the known reasons!

The second needs a push to take over!

The focus should be on the Giannakopoulos family and nobody else!

13 hours ago, Lamiara ole said:

The Greek financial crisis has left them  ΤΑΠΗ ΚΑΙ ΨΗΧΡΑΙΜΟΙ!

I have experienced it first hand in my last 5 visits to the home land!

There is misery all over,and the people will try to put food on their table before they think about saving Panathinaikos!

Wrong!  Every one I talk to that travels from Australia to Greece and returns says the same thing ... "Crisis ?  What crisis ?  The bouzoukia are full my friend!".  The sad thing is they are not joking.

8 hours ago, Bananas said:

Wrong!  Every one I talk to that travels from Australia to Greece and returns says the same thing ... "Crisis ?  What crisis ?  The bouzoukia are full my friend!".  The sad thing is they are not joking.

Those are the ones who try to show off! I call them ΤΖΑΠΑ ΜΑΓΓΕΣ! After all that is our national sport!

The sad truth is ,I experienced it first hand and could not believe it, there are people who search in trash cans to find food!

People are leaving Greece on a daily basis looking for a better life and opportunity!

If by any remote chance they made a collection for Panathinaikos ,I strongly doubt that they will find 5,000(and that is very generous) people to contribute!

The days of the strong commitment toward a team are far gone!

You will not convince anyone ,never mind 300,000, to contribute anything towards a bottomless pit!

This is why I insist on the notion, that someone with deep pockets has to come up front and centre!

And that is the Giannakopoulos family!

Crisis or not, I do not believe there will be more than a few thousand of PAO fans that would contribute any significant amount.  Such efforts are bound to fail.

Why contribute when you're not sure how this money will be spent? Or, to be used to pay the bad decisions by wealthy owners. Or, that the fans would have no control over how their money will be spent, or the direction of the club, etc. Or, that it may be throwing good money after bad when it's not certain that this effort won't prevent the team from going bankrupt and to 3rd div....

There has to be a crazy wealthy man who loves PAO. He won't make money with a Greek football club, but there are some very rich people out there who can play big shot. But he has to be serious and hire the appropriate people. Alafouzos proved to be such an incompetent owner the likes of none we've had in our club before.