Phantis Forums

2017-18 Season

Mitsos

Horrible 1st half, better 2nd. Result on the scoreboard doesn't show our easy victory actually.

Still a lot of stuffs to do up front until the end of the season. And yes, Dounis made a difference pretty much.

• Like it 1

I told you about Dounis, I am wondering why he is not a starter. 

Anyhow, somehow I am glad I didn't watch this match, I would suffer at least the same ukworm did.

Next match, the most crucial one, in Patra against Panachaiki. If we don't lose there we will be more than clear favourite to be promoted.

Hello all,

I've been following Aris a bit this season since I took a liking to the Thessaloniki teams ever since I visited two years. I'm somewhat of a Greek soccer orphan so I don't have much of a team per se.

Aris is doing very well this year and looks to get promoted, which is good for Greek soccer as they're one of the bigger teams. Does anyone know about the financial situation though? For example, who owns the team and what measures are in place to make sure the club doesn't go bankrupt again like it did a few years back?

On 3/8/2018 at 3:03 PM, Emperor said:

Δεν έχω φτάσει σε σημείο να αφήνω τη δουλειά μου μεσημεριάτικα για να τρέχω να δω παιχνίδι στην Καλλιθέα... :rolleyes:

Oυπς μου ξέφυγε αυτό. Κορυφαίο σχόλιο ΧΑΧΑΧΑ

Κρίμα φίλε. When this happens, you know YOU HAVE ARRIVED!! χαχαχαχα

Edited by ukworm
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Soprano76 said:

Hello all,

I've been following Aris a bit this season since I took a liking to the Thessaloniki teams ever since I visited two years. I'm somewhat of a Greek soccer orphan so I don't have much of a team per se.

Aris is doing very well this year and looks to get promoted, which is good for Greek soccer as they're one of the bigger teams. Does anyone know about the financial situation though? For example, who owns the team and what measures are in place to make sure the club doesn't go bankrupt again like it did a few years back?

Hello.

Financial situation in a word: Fragile.

The owner is a guy called Karipidis, he's small fry compared to the likes of Marinakis, Savvidis etc. I think he will probably need the financial backing of someone else. There's another guy called Tom Papadopoulos (lives in the US) who has thrown some money into that pit called Aris (& Greek Football in general) this season, and fans are hopeful that he will probably get more involved in the future.

Off-topic: People in Greece call such involvement an "investment". No idea why. What a wrong choice of word here, eh? ROI=Infinity.

Having said all that, Greek football is so shockingly bad these days that you don't really have to spend a fortune to do well, especially if you got a strong fanbase like Aris does.

PS - Support Aris my friend - never a dull day! Having said that, we don't have an owner invading the pitch carrying a gun! How can you call  ****THIS*** "dull"?  LOL

Edited by ukworm

22 minutes ago, ukworm said:

Hello.

Financial situation in a word: Fragile.

The owner is a guy called Karipidis, he's small fry compared to the likes of Marinakis, Savvidis etc. I think he will probably need the financial backing of someone else. There's another guy called Tom Papadopoulos (lives in the US) who has thrown some money into that pit called Aris (& Greek Football in general) this season, and fans are hopeful that he will probably get more involved in the future.

Off-topic: People in Greece call such involvement an "investment". No idea why. What a wrong choice of word here, eh? ROI=Infinity.

Having said all that, Greek football is so shockingly bad these days that you don't really have to spend a fortune to do well, especially if you got a strong fanbase like Aris does.

PS - Support Aris my friend - never a dull day! Having said that, we don't have an owner invading the pitch carrying a gun! How can you call  ****THIS*** "dull"?  LOL

Hmm interesting, I can only follow so much since my Greek isn't that good and there aren't many English sites to get this stuff. I hope all the best for Aris. They have what, the 5th largest fanbase? So their involvement will be good for the league.

I hope Papadopoulos or whomever gets involved can do a good job running the finances and turning into a strong club once again. Look at what happened to AEK, their turnaround these past 4 years has been very impressive.

4 αγωνιστικές που κρίνονται όλα: 

22η αγωνιστική

Καλλιθέα - ΟΦΗ

Παναχαϊκή - Άρης 18/3

23η αγωνιστική

ΑΟΧ Κισσαμικός - Άρης 24/3

ΟΦΗ - Εργοτέλης

Δόξα - Παναχαϊκή

24η αγωνιστική

Παναχαϊκή - ΟΦΗ

Άρης - Δόξα 1/4

25η αγωνιστική