Phantis Forums

SL–R3: Apollon Smyrnis - PAOK (11 Sep 17, 19:30 EEST)

Blackhawk

• Blackhawk changed the title to SL–R3: Apollon Smyrnis - PAOK (11 Sep 17, 19:30 EEST)

Lucescou to go? 

I mean so far hes been knocked out of europe. 

Drawn twice in league and we have nor shown any signs of decent football at all. 

Tbh he talks tough in press confrences but he now has 3 games in a row made the wrong substitutes and no signs of imporvement yet we have by far the best squad in Greece. 

This is tough, we had a golden chance to be equal first blown today against a team that is pretty poor and we had 2 weeks to prepare for todays game!! 

P**s poor effort today by the team. We were obviously unlucky with our two dokaria but this match was for the taking especially with them being down to 10 men.

No matter what squad, it's just in PAOK's nature to throw games away like this, I don't understand why it is so difficult for us to capitalize.

Why he started Pelkas with Canas I have no idea, but that seems like it cost us the game with the addition of our attackers not being clinical enough.

Let's look forward and hope we can get a WIN against Panetolikos...I believe we've already dropped enough points with this draw as well as the first one against Levadiakos.

Edited by Tahma

I'd have been surprised if we did win.  We have never done well away from home.  Just lack that killer instinct.

3 hours ago, PAOKSYD said:

Lucescou to go? 

I mean so far hes been knocked out of europe. 

Drawn twice in league and we have nor shown any signs of decent football at all. 

Tbh he talks tough in press confrences but he now has 3 games in a row made the wrong substitutes and no signs of imporvement yet we have by far the best squad in Greece. 

This is tough, we had a golden chance to be equal first blown today against a team that is pretty poor and we had 2 weeks to prepare for todays game!! 

Don't really know if he's any good or not.  He might be a great manager but he's only been in the role for a month or so and didn't have a proper pre season which didn't help.  His substitutions do seem a bit off but we don't know what's happening at the training and if he's doing this to try and get players some match fitness.  Or he may be terrible, who the hell knows at this stage.  What I do know is that this squad could have any manager, really, and should be winning these sorts of games 3-0.

9 minutes ago, jvc said:

It's very simple....not qualifying for Europa was very demoralizing.  The first objective a player has when signing on a top 4 club in Greece....is to qualify and be showcased playing high level games in Europe.  AEK IMO has the upper hand now.   The players are pumped and ready to take advantage of the opportunity given to them.   Think about it....the players given it 110 in the SUPA league,   will probably get more game time in Europe.   Add the fact they will be pushed to perform by players under them,  that is usually a good recipe for success.   

We qualify for EL most years and still we get results like this EVERY year.  It has nothing to do with EL.  It has to do with DRIVE and WILL to win.  The only thing these players are good for is saying "I've come to PAOK to win the title" when they first sign, and they are also very good at saying "sorry" when they get a bad result.  You do get results like this from time to time, you can't always win.  But with PAOK it's not sometimes, it's often.

wow, the merry go round will continue. We are another draw or 2 away from sacking another coach and continuing this charade. Very disappointing result, but the writing has been on the wall since the pre-season, maybe even before then.... 
Happy to be proven wrong but i've seen this movie before and know how it ends