Jump to content
Phantis Forums
Greekaroos

Cyprus vs. Greece ( 7 October 2017, GSP Stadium, Nicosia )

Recommended Posts

On 9/10/2017 at 6:38 PM, J1078 said:

I totally though it was behind close doors... Now Bosnia will have a rocking house in such a huge game...

What a joke this is. Their coach straight up punched a 5'6, 160 lbs player in the face. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a farce that they get off so ez. Greece had to play in an empty stadium vs Romania for some small disturbances vs Croatia at Euro 2012 qualifier.

Bottom line if your Greece, Serbia or Russia FIFA screws you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Argy said:

What a joke this is. Their coach straight up punched a 5'6, 160 lbs player in the face. 

Then he got fired, sued and personally fined. What more are you expecting? Why would the fans be punished (or the team) for something which had nothing to do with them, though Dzeko & Besic got 1 match bans each and the stadium (the only one which fulfils UEFA category 3) was suspended. Nothing is a 'joke' about it, any greater punishment would be comical and has never happened in footballing history. 

1 hour ago, Ellada2004 said:

It's a farce that they get off so ez. Greece had to play in an empty stadium vs Romania for some small disturbances vs Croatia at Euro 2012 qualifier.

Bottom line if your Greece, Serbia or Russia FIFA screws you.

Greece got off without any punishment for their antics in November so why are you so outraged? There is no global conspiracy against your football federation. It isn't at all 'easy' that we have player suspensions, stadium ban and a fine because of the actions of a coaching staff member. BTW, for drawing a swastika on the pitch vs Italy, Croatia got a 2 match closed doors suspension and a point deduction, so there is no conspiracy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, kosaca said:

Then he got fired, sued and personally fined. What more are you expecting? Why would the fans be punished (or the team) for something which had nothing to do with them, though Dzeko & Besic got 1 match bans each and the stadium (the only one which fulfils UEFA category 3) was suspended. Nothing is a 'joke' about it, any greater punishment would be comical and has never happened in footballing history. 

Greece got off without any punishment for their antics in November so why are you so outraged? There is no global conspiracy against your football federation. It isn't at all 'easy' that we have player suspensions, stadium ban and a fine because of the actions of a coaching staff member. BTW, for drawing a swastika on the pitch vs Italy, Croatia got a 2 match closed doors suspension and a point deduction, so there is no conspiracy. 

Buddy are you serious right now?? are you that blind.. Our traveling fans were assaulted and threatened by your security guards and your fans... WTF... Your stadium wasn't even safe for visiting fans as they had s%$#! being thrown at them as well as our players... For you to just say it was the actions of your assistant and no one else should be blamed clearly shows your mentality.  When fans are abused threatened and physically impacted as well as our soccer players then that goes beyond anything that could be written on a banner or said even though I don't condone it. A fine and a stadium ban for assaulting people is an outright joke and fifa should be ashamed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, J1078 said:

Buddy are you serious right now?? are you that blind.. Our traveling fans were assaulted and threatened by your security guards and your fans... WTF... Your stadium wasn't even safe for visiting fans as they had s%$#! being thrown at them as well as our players... For you to just say it was the actions of your assistant and no one else should be blamed clearly shows your mentality.  When fans are abused threatened and physically impacted as well as our soccer players then that goes beyond anything that could be written on a banner or said even though I don't condone it. A fine and a stadium ban for assaulting people is an outright joke and fifa should be ashamed.

You're right, it's a disgrace that someone could get away with assaulting visiting fans, I wonder when FIFA will finally react!? :angry-662871:

hv3ktkqTURBXy85MmJmYWY0NThmMzk5Mjg3ZDFjNThhZDAyNDU1MzhkMi5qcGVnk5UCzQMUAMLDlQLNAdYAwsOVB9kyL3B1bHNjbXMvTURBXy8xZDc0Y2I0MTcwNTk1MDQzNjYyOWNhYmQ2MDZmNTBmNi5wbmcHwgA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kosaca said:

You're right, it's a disgrace that someone could get away with assaulting visiting fans, I wonder when FIFA will finally react!? :angry-662871:

hv3ktkqTURBXy85MmJmYWY0NThmMzk5Mjg3ZDFjNThhZDAyNDU1MzhkMi5qcGVnk5UCzQMUAMLDlQLNAdYAwsOVB9kyL3B1bHNjbXMvTURBXy8xZDc0Y2I0MTcwNTk1MDQzNjYyOWNhYmQ2MDZmNTBmNi5wbmcHwgA

I think which ever teams fans assault visiting  fans even my beloved national team then they need to be punished to the fullest. Who ever does it.. At the end of the day it's a sport and we all get passionate but the safety of players and fans needs to be the first priority..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely, but the punishment we received is bigger than you think. As I said, we only have one Category 3 stadium in the country which means we're playing at an improvised stadium in another city which we've never played in before so it will be a disadvantage especially against Belgium which are 5 classes above us. Your NT do not need to worry about our results but about Sweden or Wales, no way we beat Belgium. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Federation should be punished for the actions of fans/staff/players not because it is directly to blame, but it is a matter of being a deterrent for future incidences. It is different getting reprimanded personally and it is different being responsible for the stadium bans or point diductions. The latter holding more weight for most. 

it may be due to precedence and there is no conspiracy against Greece but the punishment from the actions of the Bosnian fans and their coach should have been more severe.

  

Edited by Argy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, kosaca said:

Absolutely, but the punishment we received is bigger than you think. As I said, we only have one Category 3 stadium in the country which means we're playing at an improvised stadium in another city which we've never played in before so it will be a disadvantage especially against Belgium which are 5 classes above us. Your NT do not need to worry about our results but about Sweden or Wales, no way we beat Belgium. 

I'm actually one of the few that think you do have a chance against belgium... I think Greece will have a a hard time with Cyprus to be honest.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

Greece got closed door stadium vs Romania in 2014 WC qualifier, if you double check.

Ya I remember watching that game and it was for far less then what the Bosnians  did to us but yet we get the harsher punishment.. 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J1078 said:

I'm actually one of the few that think you do have a chance against belgium... I think Greece will have a a hard time with Cyprus to be honest.. 

 

it'll be interesting. even belgium didn't use hazard against us, was he injured or what? if they're not gunna use a healthy hazard whilst still having to qualify I'd imagine they would not play a full lineup now having qualified.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KOP are run by right wingers, Cyprus will throw this match. Signed, someone who is both Greek and Cypriot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Omonoia9 said:

KOP are run by right wingers, Cyprus will throw this match. Signed, someone who is both Greek and Cypriot

I don't see that happening.. I see them wanting the win to be able to move up the FIFA rankings and build some confidence..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Cypriots want to beat Greece at anything possible. They won't throw anything. They will fight tooth and nail. They feel they owe us nothing. They don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2017 at 3:45 PM, georgelaz said:

 

it'll be interesting. even belgium didn't use hazard against us, was he injured or what? if they're not gunna use a healthy hazard whilst still having to qualify I'd imagine they would not play a full lineup now having qualified.

They won't. They have such a deep roster that there are bench players more than deserving of getting playing time and management is well-aware of that. Their subs are almost as good as the starters, but I think we will see a mix of players on October 7. 

Edited by Argy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their subs will be out to prove something too.

 

This won't be cakewalk for Bosnia. same goes for Greece vs Cyprus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A healthy Mitroglou will be key for us. He gives us an irreplaceable presence up front which we lacked thoroughly vs Estonia and Belgium. He is aiming for an October return, but let's hope it's before the 7th and he gets a game with Marseille under his belt. 

Edited by Argy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Belgium do not want to lose a game regardless if they qualified already.I imagine they will start most of there best players. I can't see the Bosnian defense being able to deal with all there attacking players, if they scored 2 on us and our stout defense they should match that at the very least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ellada your assessment is logical, but football sometimes isn't. This is also what I believe, crossing my fingers until then. 

Edited by Argy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we need to worry about beating Cyprus because if we draw or lose that game then what Bosnia does doesn't matter it will be over..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2017 at 7:21 PM, kosaca said:

Then he got fired, sued and personally fined. What more are you expecting? Why would the fans be punished (or the team) for something which had nothing to do with them, though Dzeko & Besic got 1 match bans each and the stadium (the only one which fulfils UEFA category 3) was suspended. Nothing is a 'joke' about it, any greater punishment would be comical and has never happened in footballing history. 

Greece got off without any punishment for their antics in November so why are you so outraged? There is no global conspiracy against your football federation. It isn't at all 'easy' that we have player suspensions, stadium ban and a fine because of the actions of a coaching staff member. BTW, for drawing a swastika on the pitch vs Italy, Croatia got a 2 match closed doors suspension and a point deduction, so there is no conspiracy. 

Why would the fans be punished (or the team) for something which had nothing to do with them
Wrong. A representative of your federation physically hit a represetnative of our federation. It actually HAD to do with them. A game behind closed doors means not only that your team has no atmosphere to back them up, but also that your federation loses a portion of their income from that match. It seems as a fair punishment. Videos show Bazdarevic actually talking to Manolas with an aggressive/intimidating voice. Is he not a representative of your team/Federation as well? You are literally clueless about how organizations work, if you think no punishment should exist.

any greater punishment would be comical

Again wrong. A bigger fine or a match behind closed doors, for reasons explained before in this post, seems more reasonable and realistic. If I remember correctly your cops and fans were attacking the Greek side as well. I guess if UEFA had decent footage of it(and not just pictures of Cops blocking the pathway not allowing our fans to go out) It would be comical to do something about it right? I mean you can't be wrong and biased can you? Jesus. I mean Jesus, if you just  wanna come here and make a fool of yourself you could just say that Besic is good after his only start whole season Everton lost to Atalanta 3-0. 

 

Greece got off without any punishment for their antics in November so why are you so outraged?

Our national anthem talks about people sacrificing themselves to not become the pawns of a conqueror, and about the bones of Greeks who fought and died in order for this country to be what it is today. Your fans booing our Anthem in 2013 shows disrespect (of course our fans did it back too next match because this is footy) so does a banner about the Serbian bloodlust. Why you keep spamming it like it's something different? We dont like you, you dont like us get over it. I don't remember anyong punching any of your manlets in the face, so how exactly is a "brutal yet successfull(considering the butthurt it created)fan bantz" related with a "Federeation employee punch in da face and remove a tooth of a 1,60 smurf" or even close? What they teach u in Bosnian school? F*CKIN LOLOLOLEN MY BROSNIAN.

There is no global conspiracy against your football federation.

Noone said that. Everyone in international forums (non Greeks if you dont mind) said that there is just a UEFA extra care torwards the Bosnian Federation.

for drawing a swastika on the pitch vs Italy, Croatia got a 2 match closed doors suspension and a point deduction, so there is no conspiracy. 

You just mentioned the problem yourself. No matter what the Swastiga represents, in that match it was just a form of speech. A political view. Croat ultras wanna be nazis and racist? Let them f*ckin be. They re just ridiculing themselves in front of the whole world and making a bad name for themselves. You gonna try to call me neo nazi go ahead, it just proves how unable to understand my statement you are.
Anyways, UEFA somehow thought that, a federation member punching an opponent in the face after the match is over --mind you the reason is because he didnt want Bazdarevic to stop swearing to Manolas and he didn't wanna stop Dzeko from fighting Manolas just because he wanted to, but no Option C :Kick a manlet in the face and have him stay awake for the tooth fairy, seemed the best one-- is more acceptable and less punishable behaviour than publishing your political views and your intolerance torwards other races. Both are reprehensible, but its another thing what happens between the member federations of UEFA, which UEFA has the authorities to punish, and what happens from the fans, who - with a non violent yet unacceptable neo nazi behaviour - honestly apart from showing the Swastiga, did nothing hostile

You ve probably seen i ve bolded all these definitions Federation member/employee/representative. This just to make you understand why punishing a Federation for Gilli's act is justified.

Good night mios amigo. Im high af although im pretty sure its obvious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Argy said:

Ellada your assessment is logical, but football sometimes isn't. This is also what I believe, crossing my fingers until then. 

Just consider the B side

Tielemans,Defour,Mirallas,Benteke,Batsuayi,Thorgan Hazard.

Bosnia needs a win so they re gonna open up. Their defence sucks so they re gonna concede once. Then they gonna open up more and end up with 4-5. The only reason we played Belgium in a pretty balanced way twice, was because we have a defense that's capable of nulifying most organized attacks. Bosnia realistically can't, and neither can they score heaps of goals against the decent B defence of Belgium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×