Phantis Forums

Cyprus vs. Greece ( 7 October 2017, GSP Stadium, Nicosia )

Greekaroos

11 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Why would the fans be punished (or the team) for something which had nothing to do with them
Wrong. A representative of your federation physically hit a represetnative of our federation. It actually HAD to do with them. A game behind closed doors means not only that your team has no atmosphere to back them up, but also that your federation loses a portion of their income from that match. It seems as a fair punishment. Videos show Bazdarevic actually talking to Manolas with an aggressive/intimidating voice. Is he not a representative of your team/Federation as well? You are literally clueless about how organizations work, if you think no punishment should exist.

Nope, he isn't a representative of the federation. He isn't employed by them or legally contracted to the football federation. He did his job for free as he is a friend of the manager. I've already said, he has been punished individually which is the correct procedure. This is of course if we ignore that Gianniotas (don't even remember who it was actually) actually also attacked him and tried to whip him in the face. I suppose by your logic when two players get in a fight on the field that the club should get a stadium ban because the players are 'representatives of the club'? When a player does a brutal slide tackle and breaks the leg of an opposition player, that's worth a closed doors ban? Maybe when Wayne Rooney kicked Andrija Delibasic in the back in 2012, England should have received a stadium ban? :confused:

Again wrong. A bigger fine or a match behind closed doors, for reasons explained before in this post, seems more reasonable and realistic. If I remember correctly your cops and fans were attacking the Greek side as well. I guess if UEFA had decent footage of it(and not just pictures of Cops blocking the pathway not allowing our fans to go out)

The fine is large enough, especially given the additional player suspensions and stadium suspension. It will not be played behind closed doors neither has a closed doors ban ever been given for a similar incident.

It would be comical to do something about it right? I mean you can't be wrong and biased can you? Jesus. I mean Jesus, if you just  wanna come here and make a fool of yourself you could just say that Besic is good after his only start whole season Everton lost to Atalanta 3-0. 

Hmm, I wonder could you be? Given that our fans were hospitalised in Athens, and nothing was done about it

What? Besic played his first game after 18 months of injury and they lost a game, that definitely says a lot. It's not as though football is played 11 vs 11, is it, "GreekAttackSux"? Dortmund also lost 3-1, does this mean Sokratis Papastathopoulos is a bad player?

Greece got off without any punishment for their antics in November so why are you so outraged?

Our national anthem talks about people sacrificing themselves to not become the pawns of a conqueror, and about the bones of Greeks who fought and died in order for this country to be what it is today. Your fans booing our Anthem in 2013 shows disrespect (of course our fans did it back too next match because this is footy) so does a banner about the Serbian bloodlust. Why you keep spamming it like it's something different? We dont like you, you dont like us get over it. I don't remember anyong punching any of your manlets in the face, so how exactly is a "brutal yet successfull(considering the butthurt it created)fan bantz" related with a "Federeation employee punch in da face and remove a tooth of a 1,60 smurf" or even close? What they teach u in Bosnian school? F*CKIN LOLOLOLEN MY BROSNIAN.

The first time that an anthem was booed was the anthem of Bosnia in Athens in 2011 (when the flag was also burned), if you are going to talk about 'doing it first'. No Bosnian fan knows the lyrics to the anthem, therefore they are not booing Greek bones or whatever you are thinking about. Every country has their own history full of turmoil. 

Actually I don't have anything against Greeks, neither do most Bosnians, but Greeks seem to hate Bosnians for some reason. 

Furthermore, a slogan mocking genocide is not 'bantz', it is a most serious offence. If Turks raised a banner mocking the Greek genocide or something related (I don't really know much about Turkish history), I'm sure that people here would be calling either for Turkey to be banned from football, right?

There is no global conspiracy against your football federation.

Noone said that. Everyone in international forums (non Greeks if you dont mind) said that there is just a UEFA extra care torwards the Bosnian Federation.

How? What do they care for? Why would they care about Bosnia? A nation without any officials in UEFA or FIFA has preferential treatment you think? Do you also think they care for us when they suspended us from football in 2010 and 2011, when we drew the toughest team in playoffs twice in a row, when we had two refereeing decisions go against us (Dzeko vs Nigeria 2014, Spahic vs France 2011)? Just curious, because that makes no sense. If anything they are favoured towards England, France, Spain, Germany, etc.

Anyways, UEFA somehow thought that, a federation member punching an opponent in the face after the match is over --mind you the reason is because he didnt want Bazdarevic to stop swearing to Manolas and he didn't wanna stop Dzeko from fighting Manolas just because he wanted to, but no Option C :Kick a manlet in the face and have him stay awake for the tooth fairy, seemed the best one-- is more acceptable and less punishable behaviour than publishing your political views and your intolerance torwards other races. Both are reprehensible, but its another thing what happens between the member federations of UEFA, which UEFA has the authorities to punish, and what happens from the fans, who - with a non violent yet unacceptable neo nazi behaviour - honestly apart from showing the Swastiga, did nothing hostile

You ve probably seen i ve bolded all these definitions Federation member/employee/representative. This just to make you understand why punishing a Federation for Gilli's act is justified.

Good night mios amigo. Im high af although im pretty sure its obvious. 

He's not employed by the federation, therefore the federation can't be legally held responsible for his actions. That's why he was punished individually by the way.

Anyway, he's gone now. The punishment is more than enough, fan trouble and booing hymns is never punished as severely as you are making out! In the Serbia-Wales game in June, Serbian fans attacked the Welsh and ripped their flags off and threw firecrackers at them, but yet again they didn't receive a single punishment! Why? Because it just doesn't happen.

Edited by kosaca

11 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Just consider the B side

Tielemans,Defour,Mirallas,Benteke,Batsuayi,Thorgan Hazard.

Bosnia needs a win so they re gonna open up. Their defence sucks so they re gonna concede once. Then they gonna open up more and end up with 4-5. The only reason we played Belgium in a pretty balanced way twice, was because we have a defense that's capable of nulifying most organized attacks. Bosnia realistically can't, and neither can they score heaps of goals against the decent B defence of Belgium.

Belgium will not play a B side, I'm not sure where this is coming from? Martinez already said he will play all the regulars Hazard, De Bruyne, Lukaku, etc.

Clueless poster.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/stephane-gilli/profil/trainer/5750
Gilli is part of your Federation and part of Bazdarevic coaching team. Period.

Most if not all coaches (example Bazdarevic) have a coaching team - coaching stuff that follows them wherever they go. Most of the assistant coaches and coaching stuff is appointed from the head coach himself. And most of them are also paid from the head coach's salary. Their money from the team include a portion that goes to the coaching stuff. 

This is exactly the case here. This Gilli dude follows Bazdarevic everywhere, and since Bazdarevic signed with Bosnia, although he is not paid directly from your Federation, he is under it.

Clueless as f*ck bro.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank
  • Like it 1

1 minute ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Clueless poster.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/stephane-gilli/profil/trainer/5750
Gilli is part of your Federation and part of Bazdarevic coaching team. Period.

Most if not all coaches (example Bazdarevic) have a coaching team - coaching stuff that follows them wherever they go. Most of the assistant coaches and coaching stuff is appointed from the head coach himself. And most of them are also paid from the head coach's salary. Their money from the team include a portion that goes to the coaching stuff. 

This is exactly the case here. This Gilli dude follows Bazdarevic everywhere, and since Bazdarevic signed with Bosnia, he is a part of your federation.

Clueless as f*ck bro.

No he isn't, he worked for the Bosnia national team but he wasn't not employed by the Bosnian FA, he's Bazdarevic's friend and works through him. If you were talking about Peric or Jankovic that would be a different matter.  Our manager says right here that he's NOT employed by the FA! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKq2sGicSEQ

Not that it matters, he's left. What point are you trying to make anymore? 

Just now, kosaca said:

No he isn't, he worked for the Bosnia national team but he wasn't not employed by the Bosnian FA, he's Bazdarevic's friend and works through him. If you were talking about Peric or Jankovic that would be a different matter.  Our manager says right here that he's NOT employed by the FA! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKq2sGicSEQ

Not that it matters, he's left. What point are you trying to make anymore? 

Eh. What do you expect him to say? Put the FA under the pressure of a possible bigger punishment? Nevermind if you re not interested to actually read what im saying just let it go.

14 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Eh. What do you expect him to say? Put the FA under the pressure of a possible bigger punishment? Nevermind if you re not interested to actually read what im saying just let it go.

I've read what you've said, I'm telling you he's been punished. I've also been searching through history and I haven't found a single instance  in football history where the fans have been punished for the actions of the players or coaching staff. Do you have one? 

Wanna try reverse thinking?

Gilli is obviously no reporter so he doesn't have in-field permission. He is not a member of our federation, player ,staff or headstaff. He is not a member of your federation, just a friend of Bazdarevic. So, he can be not counted anything less than a fan. If there were fans inside the playground of your stadium hitting our players, doesn't this incident justify a couple of behind-closed-doors matches?

Honestly I dont know what the definition of formality and rules is in Bosnia, but UEFA does not allow anyone in the field who should not be there. The "I am a friend of the coach" honestly doesn't work in a no-pub league match to get past security.

This guy is there , either he is a member of your federation (being either paid from the Federation or Bazdarevic himself) or he is a fan. Pick what suits you more, but your federation has even the minimum responsibility for what happened, considering that they left him be in there.

• Like it 1

He was employed by Bazdarevic, not by the Federation, that doesn't make him a part of the federation. If you are employed by a company to do a job, and in doing that job you hire someone to help you with one part of it, that doesn't mean that your company has hired that worker. 

But as I said, he's gone! Stephane is no more. The punishment is final and talking about it won't change it.

Gilli - hit a player, as a result lost his job, got sued and fined.

Security - hit travelling fans, as a result the stadium was suspended and contract changed.

Besic - hit Manolas, received 1 game suspension.

That's perfectly fair. I don't understand your outrage. Closed doors bans are usually reserved for pitch invasions or extreme hate speech such as neo-Nazi chanting.

@kosaca

Bosnia should have been punished by the by playing behind close doors.. The minute the coach allows Gilli to be part of the team and allow him on the pitch then it's The entire Bosnian federation responsible for his actions... #2 Bosnia should be playing behind close doors I'll tell you why, The fans need to be punished for assaulting visiting fans and not making it safe and if that's not enough the major reason you should be playing behind close doors is because your Security/law enforcement was assaulting the Greek fans instead of protecting them.. What kind of pieces of s%$#! secutiy guards do Bosnia employee to protect fans? You guys need an enormous punishment for that reason alone.. In other stadiums when there are fights amongst fans at least they have some protection with Security . From the pitch with the players to the staff with Gillis to the fans assaulting fans and players and the security guards pushing and assaulting fans.. Absolutely disgraceful..

• Like it 2

When you hire security and they hit opposing fans, the federation is responsible.  Also, I thought some of the security were actually police officers.  Anyway, putting that aside, your input as a Bosnian fan is appreciated as being able to get a different perspective is always helpful.  We may not agree but we can share our thoughts respectfully.

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, J1078 said:

@kosaca

Bosnia should have been punished by the by playing behind close doors.. The minute the coach allows Gilli to be part of the team and allow him on the pitch then it's The entire Bosnian federation responsible for his actions... #2 Bosnia should be playing behind close doors I'll tell you why, The fans need to be punished for assaulting visiting fans and not making it safe and if that's not enough the major reason you should be playing behind close doors is because your Security/law enforcement was assaulting the Greek fans instead of protecting them.. What kind of pieces of s%$#! secutiy guards do Bosnia employee to protect fans? You guys need an enormous punishment for that reason alone.. In other stadiums when there are fights amongst fans at least they have some protection with Security . From the pitch with the players to the staff with Gillis to the fans assaulting fans and players and the security guards pushing and assaulting fans.. Absolutely disgraceful..

Akrivos!

1 hour ago, Ellada2004 said:

@kosaca are you serious? It was pretty clear I watched after the match ended and saw your "security" guards beating Greek fans and not stopping your fans from clubbing some of our older fans as well!

Just get your facts straight when you come on to our site!

I have my facts straight and have seen all the evidence. Where have you seen our fans clubbing your fans? I can't find that anywhere. Do you have any proof of this? I've seen the video of security hitting some Greek fans (when Zeca and some other players came up to fence) but our fans are not in that clip. The fans were separated by a buffer zone with about 100 security guards in it.

Also, what happened there exactly? Did the travelling fan supporter group make any statement?

Edited by kosaca

48 minutes ago, kosaca said:

I have my facts straight and have seen all the evidence. Where have you seen our fans clubbing your fans? I can't find that anywhere. Do you have any proof of this? I've seen the video of security hitting some Greek fans (when Zeca and some other players came up to fence) but our fans are not in that clip. The fans were separated by a buffer zone with about 100 security guards in it.

Also, what happened there exactly? Did the travelling fan supporter group make any statement?

Dude it sounds like you're trying to find ways to justify the actions of the Bosnians.... why? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be so quick to justify the actions if this s%$#! happened to your team...You're entitled to your own opinion which is cool but once you start justifying the actions then guys in here will call you out..

"Did the travelling fan supporter group make any statement?" What the F*** does that matter? They can say whatever the F*** they want if they actually did but that doesn't give your fans or the security an excuse to attack..

• Like it 1

^Agree what's done is done... I'm not trying to attack you either Im just making my point as well.. Playoffs??? I wish but I think if you guys somehow beat Belgium you are in.. let's see what happens as I'm not so confident that we will beat Cyprus anyways.. 

• 2 weeks later...

"The Grbavica Stadium has a capacity of 13,785 and its field dimensions are 105x66m. This makes the stadium smaller in both capacity and pitch size than the Bilino Polje Stadium. Surely, the small dimensions of the pitch and intimate atmosphere of a smaller stadium played a massive role in selecting this stadium for the match against a quality side like Belgium."

http://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/stadium-switch-in-crucial-bosnia-belgium-qualifier

a quality side like belgium has enough quality not to care about the location of the game..i can see them winning this game easier than people might think, sure bosnia will be motivated and belgium in theory will not be but the talent gap between the 2 sides is huge and at such times motivation πάει περίπατο..

for our game if mitroglou doesn't make the cut (i'm almost sure karelis won't, but mitroglou is still questionable) i think will play like that

karnezis, tzavellas, sokratis, manolas, torosidis, samaris, zeca, stafylidis, fortounis, lazaros, donis

Form guide last 5 matches

Greece: L D D D D

Cyprus: L W W L D

The thing that bugs me is not that Cyprus are still a chance of making 2nd therefore guaranteed to give us a tough match, and I believe they will, but that even if we beat them and Gibraltar we are not guaranteed a playoff.

It's a game of small margins. A missed chance hear or there is all it takes to miss out. We need to make sure we get max points in Cyprus and prey that Bosnia drops points, and results in other Groups go our way. Our match with Gibraltar regardless of how much we win it, will not improve our points and goal difference with respect to being in top 8 2nd place teams.

Edited by kbxk508

• Lazarus unfeatured this topic
  • Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic