Phantis Forums

Panagiotis Retsos ‒ (Now Playing for Olympiakos on Loan From Hellas Verona Until June 30, 2023)

Argy

Greece has built a reputation of producing world class defenders, ever since Euro 2004. Lucky to have Sokratis Papastathopoulos, Kyriakos Papadopoulos, Kostas Manolas & now Panagiotos Retsos being part of Greece's national team & with their ages between 19 & 29 we should have a few more good years of all four available.

On 9/19/2017 at 10:45 AM, Argy said:

He was named MOTM in his first start for Bayer. 

Where did you read that Argy? Bundesliga website says Kavin Volland was MOM:

Man of the match

Germany's forgotten striker? Not any more! Volland  put in by far his most efficient display since joining Leverkusen from Hoffenheim in summer 2016. Joachim Löw, take note!

• Like it 1

I just got to the bottom of this. I saw this on Agona Sports. He was voted MOTM by fans on Leverkusen's official twitter account. My bad, but Agona's misleading title is a little to blame. Nonetheless, he must have had a solid debut. 

Edited by Argy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Argy changed the title to Panagiotis Retsos ‒ Bayer 04 Leverkusen
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
7 hours ago, Brklyngrk said:

Retsos started his first game back from injury, got hurt in the 34th minute and had to be subbed out.  Not sure how serious it was...

Hopefully not too serious. We need him for the national team. He is useful all across our backline and is still young. He is our best youngster.

RETSOS FACES ANOTHER LONG LAY-OFF

Panagiotis Retsos faces a long time on the sidelines. The Greece international suffered a muscle and tendon injury in the back of his left thigh playing for Bayer 04 on Thursday night.

Retsos was making his first appearance of the season in the Europa League match between the Werkself and Bulgarian champions Ludogorets (1-1). The 20-year-old had just completed a long period of rehabilitation following an injury to his right thigh. The medical section at Bayer 04, in discussion with Retsos, will determine the treatment required now at the start of next  week.

3 hours ago, Dean97 said:

I don’t think he is injury prone. Just unlucky season. This injury is his first serious one. Hoepfully he doesn’t end up like K.Paps.

Yes it's his first one, but he's also only 20 years old. When did K Pap start getting hurt? Probably around the same age. Not saying he will end up like that, but I just don't want to see another wasted Greek talent.

• Like it 1

I agree. I thought K.Papadopoulos at 20 years old was better than Retsos at 20 years old. Hopefully Retsos can keep healthy in his career and I think he will. His playing style is more cautious than aggressive. Papadopoulos was way over aggressive and that his bit him in the ass in my opinion.

Edited by Dean97

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Argy changed the title to Panagiotis Retsos ‒ Bayer Leverkusen
  • 4 months later...
  • Argy changed the title to Panagiotis Retsos ‒ Bayer Leverkusen
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Panagiotis Retsos ‒ (Now Playing for Olympiakos on Loan From Hellas Verona Until June 30, 2023)
  • Dutch Eagle locked and unlocked this topic