Phantis Forums

Rijeka - Olympiakos ( 22 August 2017, Stadion Rijeka, Rijeka )

Omonoia9

I glad we are back in CL again. But if we look at this team realistically we have to make some major changes to have any impact in group stage. Ben is a horrible finisher and from what I have seen in two legs hes missed some easy chances. Our defense is weak we could have easily been scored on two or three times if Rijeka knew had to score but they are terrible finishers and we wont have that luxury in CL group stage... Our mid needs to do better at helping defense as well. I don't like new signing Gillet just yet, doesn't win any balls defensively and kinda is non-existent factor out there. Fortounis when healthy has to start he creates something out nothing every time he is out there. 

Edited by jason

Tzatziki your happy with the way we played? you can get away with that type of performance with Rijeka but if we play identical style in CL cant see us doing well. We have some time to correct some things if our friend Hasi has the footballing brain to make it happen. 

I am happy with the coach...I always was...

however i agree with Jason, besides the first half v Rijeka at home...we were ordinary for the rest of the tie...

This is not a 'typical' Olympiakos UCL squad...This team will get some embarrassing thrashings in UCL group stages...Maribor, Qarabag, APOEL are the only teams in Pot 4 we should get points from.....Celtic would beat us in Scotland....

Our defence is suss....the midfield is at best 'workmanlike' ..and we have NO strike force....   unless Emenike can play?

14 hours ago, jason said:

Tzatziki your happy with the way we played? you can get away with that type of performance with Rijeka but if we play identical style in CL cant see us doing well. We have some time to correct some things if our friend Hasi has the footballing brain to make it happen. 

I am very happy with what I am seeing fro the team so far, I don't understand where all the complaining is coming from, and the lack of patience and faith...to each their own for sure, but I think we have had one of our best summers ever, we never do well in summer qualification matches and this year we have 3 wins and a draw.

57 minutes ago, RED SHERIFF said:

This team will get some embarrassing thrashings in UCL group stages...Maribor, Qarabag, APOEL are the only teams in Pot 4 we should get points from.....Celtic would beat us in Scotland....

No....LOL

• Lazarus changed the title to Rijeka - Olympiakos ( 22 August 2017, Stadion Rijeka, Rijeka )