Phantis Forums

SL–R2: PAOK - AOK Kerkyra (27 Aug 17, 19:15 EEST)

Blackhawk

PAOK.jpg.7de7d2bb75e005d04e45c1019fd2758a.jpg  VS  Kerkyra.jpg.d33530883520cdc778989f57e2247da1.jpg

MATCHUP:            P.A.O.K. Thessaloniki - AO Kassiopi Kerkyra
COMPETITION:    Superleague  – Round 2
DATE:                     27-August-2017
TIME:                     19:15 GR  (16:15 GMT, 11:15 CDT, 02:15 AEST)
CITY/STADIUM:   Thessaloniki – Toumba Stadium (Capacity: 28,703)
REFEREES:     
TELEVISION:       

PAOK - Kerkyra history

Superleague

2016-2017:  5:1 (Kace, Koulouris, Biseswar (p), Warda, Prijovic) - Attendance: 8,206
2014-2015:  
2:1 (Pereyra, Kace) - Attendance: 7,626
2012-2013:  3:1 (Salpiggidis 2, Athanasiadis- Attendance: 7,701
2011-2012:  0:0 - Attendance:  9.906
2010-2011:  2:0  (Ivic, Athanasiadis) - Attendance:  no fans
2006-2007:  1:0 (Iliadis) - Attendance:  2,168

A’ Division

2004-2005:  1:0  (Maladenis) - Attendance:  3,369

GAMES:   7 
WINS:      6 
TIES:       1 
LOSSES:  0

• Blackhawk changed the title to SL–R2: PAOK - AOK Kerkyra (27 Aug 17, 19:15 EEST)
8 hours ago, BostonThanatos said:

Games like this and the one against Levadiakos should be won even if we don't show up but this IS PAOK after all....so who knows.

This one is a bit different in that it's at home.  Our problem has never really been our home form.  Sure it could be better but in general it's been all right.  Our away form has always been average at best and that isn't going to cut it if you want to mount a championship challenge.

It's still a bit early to judge but we'll have a better picture by round 8 or so.  I still think we don't have the quality to go all the way.  Our best 11, when they are in form and fit is probably close, but that's assuming all the stars align.

We still have holes in our roster in terms of backups.  Our backup to Matos in the RB position is nowhere near his quality.  In the LB position Leovac seems tobe going through a bad spell and I'm not sold on Leveque.  I think Leveque is a decent player but we bought him knowing he's got injury issues and right now he can't be relied upon.  In the CB position we have only Crespo, who seems like he's been sleeping so far this season after a very solid season last year, and Varela.  It's nice to have Malezas but we don't want to rely on him for lots of games if the others get injured.  In the midfield we only have Shakhov who can play box to box and get forward but he's also been asleep so far this season.  In the attacking midfield role we only have Biseswar.  Pelkas is no Biseswar.  Up front we only have Prijovic.  Mak can't play as a striker when teams park the bus.

We have a large roster but In terms good quality players that can help you really challenge for a title we have (in my estimation) :-

GK : Rey, Glykos.  I think we're all right for GK's.  Especially once Glykos returns.  Rey seems to be a very good signing.

Defence : Matos, Leovac, Crespo, Varela, Malezas.  Not enough depth in defence.  Yellows, injuries, rotation will take its toll.  I think we need a RB, LB and CB.

Midfield : Canas, Cimirot, Kace, Shakhov.  Not bad all in all but would be nice to replace Kace with a high quality DM and get a high quality number 8 to rotate with Shakhov.  Let's see what happens with El Kaddouri.  Out of the DM and CM positions, a CM is more urgent.

Wingers : Henrique, Mak, Djalma.  We are all right here.  Good enough quality.

Attacking Midfield : Only Biseswar.

Striker : Only Prijovic.

Other players : Pelkas, Mystakidis.  Both have a role to play and are good for rotation.

With the above plus high quality signings in the RB, LB, CB, DM, CM and Striker roles, then we're talking.  That's 6 players so it sounds kind of ridiculous.  But if you want to have a squad that can really go all the way, that is what I think is required.

Edited by Bananas

Οι 18 παίκτες που επέλεξε ο Λουτσέσκου είναι οι:

Ρέι, Πασχαλάκης, Μάτος, Λεβέκ, Πούγγουρας, Κρέσπο, Μαλεζάς, Σάκχοφ, Τσίμιροτ, Κάτσε, Μπίσεσβαρ, Πέλκας, Κάμπος, Λημνιός, Ελ Καντουρί, Μακ, Πρίγιοβιτς, Κουλούρης.

-----------------------------------Rey-----------------------------------

Matos----------------Malezas-----Crespo------Leveque

-------------------------Kace----------------Sakhov----------------

Campos---------------------Pelkas-----------------Limnios

--------------------------------Prijovic------------------------------------

Malezas bleeding from the nose from the play where Prijovic scored, looks like Poungouras is warming up. Not sure if he'll actually be used as Malezas is changing jerseys (which implies they'll put him back in).