Phantis Forums

EL-QR4-L2: Ostersunds FK - PAOK (24 Aug 2017, 20:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

Embarrassing performance and embarrassing result. I honestly blame off-field staff for this. you can't change a coach during a pre-season and expect results. the players came into this game with a xanthi-esque attitude and we were made to pay by a very very average team. It's such a shame that this exact team that did so well last season and looked like it was set for big things, yet looked this poor tonight. 

Don't know what else to say that was just plain awful and they should all be embarrassed everyone from players to coaches to technical directors etc.. they are all to blame for what has happened tonight

Edited by paokarag4

• Blackhawk changed the title to EL-QR4-L2: Ostersunds FK - PAOK (24 Aug 2017, 20:00 Eest)

I never wanted them in the draw. They are halfway through their season and it showed. They were always faster and stronger than us. We are just plain sh!t. Simple as.

No problem for me though. Instead of taking two days off to go and watch those f*ckt@rds play I'll just head to Dubai for a long weekend instead.

What a massive disappointment. Honestly feel so s%$#! right now.

I just dont understand how we play with so little energy, its like it is the last game of the season. Is it because Ivic barely rotated last year with some players playing almost 60 games? Is it because of Stanojevic terrible training? 

And who the hell announces a new player in the middle of the game??!!

I really had high hopes when Savvidis stepped in. I get the fact he just wants to do business in Greece and is therefore using PAOK as a stepping stone. I don't have a problem with that as football is all about money these days anyway. But why not make a team at least? We clearly don't have players who are good enough to see through a two-legged tie against a Swedish town. The more time passes the more I think that PAOK is just a gift from him to his rebel son, who instead of putting a team together is going outside Aris' stadium signing songs.

2 hours ago, TheogGR1 said:

I just dont understand how we play with so little energy, its like it is the last game of the season. Is it because Ivic barely rotated last year with some players playing almost 60 games? Is it because of Stanojevic terrible training? 

I've been wondering that myself but we won't really know for a while if the players are burnt out (which would be a big worry) or if they are just poorly prepared.

2 hours ago, Athens4 said:

I really had high hopes when Savvidis stepped in. I get the fact he just wants to do business in Greece and is therefore using PAOK as a stepping stone. I don't have a problem with that as football is all about money these days anyway. But why not make a team at least? We clearly don't have players who are good enough to see through a two-legged tie against a Swedish town. The more time passes the more I think that PAOK is just a gift from him to his rebel son, who instead of putting a team together is going outside Aris' stadium signing songs.

See my comment from the General News Thread about the Ssubject:

PAOK is a pet project for Ivan to keep his half-retarded neanderthal son busy.

Boston, regardless of the mistakes Savvidis has made and regardless of his neanderthal son (that always makes me laugh, ha ha) it's not as if Savvidis hasn't spent money on decent players.  There is no way this squad should ever have been defeated by this team.  The fact that the team has not played one good match since the Cup is ridiculous.  The fact that the team is not fit is not acceptable.  The only good thing that may come of this is that in future years we won't take "weak" opposition so lightly.  We always assume we'll qualify.  I figure the same belief is held by the team administration, coaches and players, even if they don't say it directly.  Now, they can all go eat a bag of d--ks.  I'm so angry that they let it come to this.

What a disgraceful performance by PAOK thought they would be well prepared and would qualify. As for my PAO was expecting them to be eliminated but they were facing a much tougher opponent from the get go. It's a shame PAOK should be playing in Europe! 

We've been paying mediocre players healthy salaries.  Guys like Henrique, Campos, Sakhov, Varella, Pelkas, and Leovac play with no passion most of the time...  I understand that we had grabbed some players that SHOULD have performed better than they did (Martens, Maduro to name a few)  but 1 or 2 is bad luck....15-20 of them over the past 5 years is sheer incompetence.   I also understand that it's a business, and you can't just dump $50 Million on signings without having a clear payday in sight, but unless you drop cash, you won't reach those goals regardless.  I don't think Savvidis is incompetent, I just think he's indifferent.  He gives PAOK just enough to keep the crowds quiet, and have glimmers of hope, but hasn't taken the team to the next level.  Olympiakios is playing against Barcelona and Juventus and I'm willing to bet that they'll put up a respectable fight. AEK spent less on players this year than I did on my last trip to Disney, and yet they're going to the group stages.  They went up against Club Brugge, and jammed a triballo up their a$$....The real question is why are our players so complacent?  It can't just be the coaches....we've had 10 in the last 5 years.  It can't just be the players...our roster has been torn apart and put back together pretty much every year....There need to be answers.  

I was always glad to have Savvidis come in...he paid the debt and stabalized the team financially....but I'll take that $15M in debt back, and have guys like Conceisao, Vierinha, Garcia, Contreras, Ivic, Muslimovic....even Cirillo.  Who played with passion.  Who gave it their all.  We re they good enough to get a championship? I think they deserved at least one in that 4 year span....but the level of "Who gives a fvck" with the recent squads is unacceptable.  If we're gonna be in 4th and 5th place in the league, we can easily do that with a mostly Greek roster at 25% of the payroll (Like AEK) 

• Blackhawk changed the title to EL-QR4-L2: Ostersunds FK - PAOK (24 Aug 2017, 20:00 EEST)