Phantis Forums

Greek Cup 2017-18

Mitsos

8 hours ago, ukworm said:

Με νίκη με Γιάννενα εντός, περνάμε. Το θέμα είναι: έχει νόημα?

Why not? Possible match-up with PAOK would be quite exciting for the fans of both teams.

This would be a great match up.  It would be good for Aris in terms of revenue.  It would be a sell out at Harilaou.  As for the game itself, I'm sure the Aris players would play their hearts out and you can't ask for more than that.  And if Aris were to win, well, good luck to them I say.  You can't just expect a win because your budget is bigger.

• Like it 1

HT 0:0

Solid performance actually. All players in our team play for his coach and Aris shirt whoever plays in this season, which is great to see. Also direct playing, lot of diagonal passes, through balls, crosses and all we lacked was a bit more clear cut chances.

We continue the second half with a player up as they got a red card which was too harsh to tell you the truth.

Edited by REY
  • Thanks 1

Pitch was OK actually compared to how it looked against Panachaiki during the weekend.

1:1 it finished. Cheap goal conceded and that palto Soltani netted it after miscommunication between our stoppers to make it 1:1. Only 2 mistakes in full match that Aris played well overall and both mistakes were made by our back-up CD Marangos where the second one caused a concede.

Edited by REY
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mitsos said:

Yes!!

I would agree more less.

Although I noticed that Spanos rotated and gave some alternative guys chances in friendly matches (Boca for example) and cup matches. From typical league line-up, for example tonight, he used just Hugo Souza and Kassos from the start of the match, who is an occasional starter (Kassos), which is good. The top XI should be refreshed for the league.

BTW Platellas played about 10-15 minutes and Milunović had chances again in these less-prioritized matches compared to last season when he was important piece of puzzle especially in the first half of the season.

Similar is with Kenan Bargkan who was good from the wing in this match.

Edited by REY
  • Like it 1

I think we could have been awarded a couple of PK's in the first have with the first resulting in a red card for the opponent.  I also think the red card against them was weak and Souza at the very least should have received a yellow.

Chris, the field condition I can only assume is the result of financial issues.

• Like it 1

4 hours ago, Mitsos said:

I think we could have been awarded a couple of PK's in the first have with the first resulting in a red card for the opponent.  I also think the red card against them was weak and Souza at the very least should have received a yellow.

Chris, the field condition I can only assume is the result of financial issues.

I think Souza even got a yellow. Nevertheless, I understand the point. Souza and PAS guy should have been treated and punished by same color. 50%-50% guilty incident more less.