Phantis Forums

2017-2018 Greek Cup

Dutch Eagle

16 hours ago, Yiankos said:

Και μετά γκρινιάζετε ότι κράζουμε την Αθήνα!

Aek building a stadium is an issue also??

Actually I am sure it is... ?

Edited by Alphonse

Yes, it's PAOK's fault that you demolished your stadium and for so many years your home is OAKA. It's PAOK fault also that no one wanted to give money to build a new stadium (actually who is paying for the stadium? I guess Melissanidis as much as Kokkalis paid for Karaiskaki)? And don't forget Savvidis entered the field waving his gun. And AEK deserves the championship because they played in Europe and PAOK did not.

And you know what? It's outrageous that PAOK fans are complaining why they play cup finals in Athens. They should be grateful that Athens lets a team from a different country (Bulgaria or South Skopje) participate in their league. And you are fair enough to do ten finals outside of Athens in a hundred years. I agree my friend. I don't know what they are spraying those orks up there. Maybe it's the souvlaki they eat.

But in any case. Who cares? AEK is the deserved championship and the title is not leaving the country, it stays within its borders!

• Like it 1

Following the appeal decision it is my opinion that PAOK needs to take some measures concerning the cup final.

We have to put forward at least these two demands:

- don't accept any tickets for the game. I am 100% certain that if PAOK fans attend the cup final there will be very serious fan problems. Have the game be played without PAOK fans. The gangsters running the Greek football are salivating at the prospect of having the chance of adding additional point deductions to PAOK for next season. We are already -2 points behind. PAE PAOK should officially announce this with a reasoning that we don't trust any judicial decisions by Superleague and EPO. 

-   PAOK should demand that the game be officiated by a foreign referee, again with an official reasoning that we don't trust any Greek refs and the people assigning refs at EPO

• Haha 1

I've never liked the idea of foreign referees.  Just doesn't sit right with me.

As for the Cup game, if PAOK fans are given tickets the violence will be of a special kind.  I expect nothing less being Greece.  Given the choices, I'd go for not giving any tickets to PAOK fans.  At least that way if something does happen (and I expect it will) the club won't be held responsible.

Having said that, FIFA will consider it ridiculous that you have a Cup Final with only fans from one team attending so I don't expect this to happen.  Instead, I expect the game to go ahead with both sets of fans and for there to be trouble of all sorts.  Could this be the catalyst for Grexit ?

8 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Following the appeal decision it is my opinion that PAOK needs to take some measures concerning the cup final.

We have to put forward at least these two demands:

- don't accept any tickets for the game. I am 100% certain that if PAOK fans attend the cup final there will be very serious fan problems. Have the game be played without PAOK fans. The gangsters running the Greek football are salivating at the prospect of having the chance of adding additional point deductions to PAOK for next season. We are already -2 points behind. PAE PAOK should officially announce this with a reasoning that we don't trust any judicial decisions by Superleague and EPO. 

-   PAOK should demand that the game be officiated by a foreign referee, again with an official reasoning that we don't trust any Greek refs and the people assigning refs at EPO

Then why not to explore any possibilities we have to form a new league? If we reached the point that we go to a Greek cup final and we don't want tickets because they will set us up AGAIN, then why to bother even competing for anything in Greece?

• Haha 1

Absolutely, all the ingredients are there for this to be a disaster and a bloodbath. 
Don't know what the solution is, as I feel even with no fans there would still be trouble outside the stadium. Unfortunate that in Greece this is an issue, and what's gone on this season has added a truck load of fuel to an already dangerous fire. 

The papers are reporting that if we don't turn up we get a 2 year ban from Europe.  Relegation maybe ?  Not sure.  I just skimmed the article.  As to what is real and what isn't, not sure yet.

I think we have to turn up.  I just would ask EPO to not issue any official tickets to our fans.  Not sure how that would go down with EPO but if that was acceptable to them, that would be the path I would take.

I think the ideal solution for EPO is to make the match look "normal" i.e. have home and away fans, because FIFA are watching.  Problem is, EPO and the Greek state can't guarantee safety.  Guarantee is a strong word actually.  That implies they have some semblance of competence, which they do not.

Maybe we can buy up the tickets and pass them on to Syrian refugees instead ?

Edited by Bananas

Will there be as much trouble as last year? I mean, the stadium design didn't help and the police had zero control over anything inside or outside. Will it not be much easier to keep the fans  separated inside and outside of OAKA? Surely if fans will be allowed then they would draft in the army on top of every single available riot police and them just shut down the area.

Was there a lot of trouble he last time in 2014? i know there were scuffles and posturing inside the stadium but was that not mainly between the fans and the police? Were the fans able to congregate anywhere in the city or was it direct buses from Toumba to OAKA and then herded straight inside the stadium?

Did anyone on the forum go in 2014 or going this year?

I am in too minds on whether to book my flights as i don't want to spend all that money and used up holidays from work for the game to be abandoned (again!).

If we don't show up we will be relegated to B' Division. If we field U20 team they will charge us with defamation of the sport and be punished with severe point deductions and empty Toumba.

EPO can give tickets but PAOK should turn them down with an official announcement that we don't trust them to guarantee our safety and their ability to run a fair competition. 

As for Grexit, I think that's just a propaganda scare tactic fueled by the Athenian media. The more possible threat is PAOKexit, something that POK  in general and AEK with Olympiakosis in particular with help of politicians are pushing for. 

That's why the Greek Cup final at OAKA is a perfect trap for them to eliminate PAOK from becoming a force in Greek football.   We already are -2 points for next season. They would like nothing better than us starting the season with -10 points and empty Toumba. Their overall goal is to run Savvidis out of the country.

Why do you think the gangster and former criminal the other day called PAOK people "Mao Mao". If trouble happens he will bring that quote back saying I told you so. 

PAOK needs to go into the final with the motto DON'T TRUST ANYBODY and take all the possible precautions to eliminate any possible provocations that will happen.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Yiankos said:

Christo I agree that's the case for PAOK and Savvidi, but again, why to bother competing in anything? Why don't we just play on a different league? 

Even better is to declare Macedonia autonomous region and have our own league just like in Great Britain (Scotland, Wales No. Ireland). As it is we are considered 2nd class citizens in out own country. 

Μας διαλύσανε φέτος. Δέκα παιχνίδια κεκλεισμένων. Δύο ντέρμπι που θα κερδίζαμε δεν τελείωσαν ποτέ. Στη μία περίπτωση ο κόσμος περίμενε στη βροχή για ώρες σαν τα ζώα. Ο κόσμος έχει φάει την ξενέρα του αιώνα. Καταφέραμε να έχουμε μία αξιοπρεπή ομάδα στο γήπεδο μετά από πολλά χρόνια και ο κόσμος δεν μπορεί να χαρεί τίποτα. Όχι μόνο δεν μας άφησαν να διεκδικήσουμε το πρωτάθλημα, αλλά πλέον αμφιβάλλουμε αν πρέπει να πάμε στον τελικό κυπέλλου και περιμένουμε μία νέα τιμωρία. Να ξεκινήσει η ομάδα με κανένα -5 για το νέο πρωτάθλημα και να πάει κατά διαόλου και η νέα χρονιά. Είναι απίστευτο αυτό που συμβαίνει!