Phantis Forums

2017-2018 Greek Cup

Dutch Eagle

4 hours ago, pash said:

Do you want AEK because of their schedule? Or to get the confrontation out of the way?

yeah, seriously. 

im hoping for a two match leg against larisa and final against panionio.

what will probably happen is a paok vs panionios and a rematch for the final.

I’m with Blackhawk, I’d prefer AEK in the semi final.  If they sit back which I expect them to do, we are more likely to wear them down over 180 minutes.  Also, if we play them in the final it’ll be at a neutral ground or in Athens which is a home game for them.  I’d rather they come and enjoy 90 minutes in Toumba instead.

With two games we have a better chance to eliminate them. You get another chance if something goes wrong in the first game. If we play them in the final it will be on their home ground at OAKA.

The only bad thing is that the first leg is scheduled in between two tough games for us (Olympiakos, Tripoli)

Damn.  I would’ve preferred AEK.  Anyway ... now we have a final at OAKA to look forward to.

I’ve always thought a home and away 2 leg final is the fairest way to do it.  Like in the old days of the UEFA Cup.  Or was it the Cup Winners Cup ?

Assuming we progress to the final along with a AEK, I don’t even want to think about the violence in Athens.  Their ultras will be out for revenge and our ultras well they aren’t exactly the brightest sparks.  Ultra m*****es.

Edited by Bananas

• 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

The final in my opinion will not end if it even starts. The current conditions are not right for this game to take place. Just my opinion.

Agreed. Final is a disaster waiting to happen. Not sure they will even be able to agree on a neutral site to play the game.

I'll be amazed if there isn't serious fan violence before the game and after the game.  Heck maybe even during the game.  I'll be surprised if the match itself isn't a complete fiasco.

Daft decision to play the game at OAKA considering what's happened since the Cup Final last year.  Keep believing EPO.

I'm actually not looking forward to this and will be relieved if the game just finishes without and injuries or death to fans.  As for the clubs themselves, I'm sure they will behave honourably.

6 hours ago, Alphonse said:

From a security point OAKA is the best option... so it does make sense especially after last years final shenanigans from both set of fans

The best option from a security point of view is a secret location played without fans.  Anything else and there is a good chance there will be trouble, injuries, death.  Ridiculous proposition I know.  But if security is your first concern, that is the only way ... in Greece.

16 hours ago, Alphonse said:

From a security point OAKA is the best option...

That's nothing but a propaganda bullshit by the media. There were many incidents at OAKA in the past to debunk that theory. Karaiskaki, Kaftanzoglio, and Pankrytio are at the same safe level as OAKA. As long as the police and security do their job, the violence problems can be avoided. 

I think two good solutions would be to either have the game played outside of Greece, or have two leg final with only home team fans.

23 hours ago, Yiankos said:

Να χτιστεί η Αγιά Σοφιά για να παίξουμε κι εκεί τελικό!

22 hours ago, Alphonse said:

Se ligo the gini kai afto 

Amorgo, you obviously cant see the sarcasm here. What's even funnier with your response is the assumed righteous that the final should be played in Athens in OAKA or even in your new stadium.

Some stats for you. PAOK has played against an Athenian team in the Cup Final 15 times. 1 match was a home & away series (against olympiakos in 1992), 1 match was at a neutral venue (against AEK in 2017) and the remaining 13 matches have been played in "neutral" Athens. Yeah PAOK are just a bunch of whingers since the system has always been so fair in Greece with PAOK