Phantis Forums

EL-QR4-L1: PAOK - Ostersunds FK (17 Aug 2017, 21:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

It's quite evident the Swedes are in much better physical shape, and with their solid defense they easily contained us. 

Agreed, this game should never have been as close as it was. Surely this is exactly what caught Galatasaray as well. I've heard some disturbing things about Stanojevic's preseason lately (very light work in the Netherlands, some players came back fatter, etc). Hopefully Lucescu whips them into shape.

• Blackhawk changed the title to EL-QR4-L1: PAOK - Ostersunds FK (17 Aug 2017, 21:00 EEST)

It's never dull supporting our team. Looking at score, anybody who didn't watch the game would think this was a walk in the park. It was anything but in my opinion.

Cimirot and Leovac need to be sold asap if anybody is interested. They really are a liability as someone mentioned earlier. Varela also had a terrible game, absolutely no composure.

Thank God we managed to get the two goal difference. We need to score early in Sweden.

I thought it was a walk in the park, except for about 10 minutes in the 2nd half...possession was 70-30 at least...their goal came from a penalty where 3 of our players all had brain farts...we had at least 5 other opportunities that could have easily gone our way.  The score could have easily been 5-1.  I do agree Leovac and Cimirot were horrible.  Biseswar wadnt himself...and we still dominated.

Yeah, I really thought this was a walk in the park too. The PK was no more than a speed bump; it was inevitable that we would take them apart. Remember, our team has had this coach for a week, and clearly came out of preseason unfit. We will easily qualify for this tournament.

Leovac and Cimirot had an off day (I'd say Shakhov as well, maybe more so than Cimirot). Biseswar had a few moments where he shone, but otherwise they kept him under control. Campos was great, and Prijovic finally popped his cherry.

I'm watching the press conference now; Lucescu clearly knows how to not burn bridges with his players. The press is very focused on Pelkas playing a "#6 or #8" (which I wouldn't say is what happened) - Stanojevic at this point would have been saying that he's playing there because we don't have players that can be used in his system. Lucescu just says that we have no problems and that Pelkas has shown that he's a great player who can play anywhere. Guess who Pelkas will play harder for?

Exciting game.

Leovac was indeed crappy, but I completely disagree about Cimirot. I think Shakhov was the weak link. If Shakhov was better, Cimirot would have less pressure. And actually Cimirot was everywhere. He even did the cross for Matos' goal.

I loved Djalma Campos. I have described him a mixture of Bakayoko and Salpiggidis, but he played a great game.

There is no player Pelkas to my opinion. Let's see what happens with the new coach. The brain of this guy is limited. He doesn't know how to mark players, he doesn't have the abilities to be our playmaker. Biseswar didn't have a good game himself, but still is way more productive than Pelkas is. The only good thing Pelkas did was his free kick. Nothing else.

Great win and we continue our European dream for this season!