Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lazarus

Fake News: What the Future Holds

Lazarus    105

I stumbled across this article on the Guardian: The future of fake news: don't believe everything you read, see or hear

A new breed of video and audio manipulation tools allow for the creation of realistic looking news footage.

This stuff is pretty scary. Soon, we won't be able to tell what is true and what is not.

From the same article:

Doctored content might not pass the scrutiny of a rigorous newsroom, but if posted as a grainy video to social media it could spread virally and trigger a public relations, political or diplomatic disaster. Imagine Trump declaring war on North Korea, for example.

Tzatziki    522

Time to go off the grid in every way possible...the future looks very unappealing in some respects. :fish-805431: The potential for abuse and frame or con jobs with this technology is on a level we have not seen yet I think. This can be used to doctor all kinds of evidence for example that can be used to try people on "trumped" up charges, ruin marriages and relationships, oral contracts and agreements...all sorts of f.uckery can be thought of.

Bananas    976

Hmm, this is good for Trump or <insert name of megalomaniac> as it can be used to do the opposite i.e. deny something that is genuine on the grounds that it was "doctored".