Phantis Forums
georgelaz

Kostas Manolas ‒ AS Roma

they just made a champions league final with 3 italian cb's though. bonnuci, barzaghli, and chiellini are just gunna dip?

Bonucci is gone, his replacement is Benatia (who is the guy who Manolas replaced at Roma)...They also have an Italian cb who is young and the next big thing....the truth though is that barzaghli and chiellini are not young, both over 30, Barzaghli is 36), but they still will feature in most games..

He made a great play yesterday in CL vs Athletico Madrid, saving a sure goal of the line of the foot of Koke.

• Like it 1

Just scored the opener with a header against Qarabag in GS CL. Almost HT and Roma leading 1-2.

Edited by Dutch Eagle
Vid added

The last time he has scored with his foot was with AEK. He hasn't scored yet with the national team. Papadopoulos has 4 goals in 24 matches for Greece. 

Edited by Dean97

14 hours ago, Dean97 said:

The last time he has scored with his foot was with AEK. He hasn't scored yet with the national team. Papadopoulos has 4 goals in 24 matches for Greece. 

The last goal Papadopoulos scored was in 2012. Although if he were healthy he would have likely netted 2-3 more in the last 5 years. 

Great to see Manolas score and Barca is out even better!

barca probably wish they bought him earlier...

he'll probably make a big in the summer after that... teams always wait till last minute when something big like this happens to make big signings.

100 million +

I believe he is the first Greek since Kyriakos Papadopoulos in the 10-11 Champions league with Schalke, to reach the Semi finals 

Ο Μανωλάς με την κεφαλιά... αλά Δέλλας στο Euro 2004, έστειλε τη Ρόμα στους "4", ενώ παράλληλα γίνεται ο δεύτερος Έλληνας μετά τον Άκη Ζήκο που θα παίξει στα ημιτελικά της κορυφαίας διασυλλογικής διοργάνωσης με μη ελληνική ομάδα.

• Like it 1

This will raise his profile to new highs. He was a monster the entire game and topped it off with one of the best moments by a Greek player in the last decade. 

• Like it 1

Roma vs Liverpool semi-final. Fortunate draw, as Liverpool is more beatable over two legs than Bayern or Real. Exciting time for Roma and Manolas and great for Greek football seeing him and Mitroglou in high profile matches. 

• Like it 1

Manolas just came off injured in the 74th minute vs Lazio. Hopefully nothing serious. He was having a great game. 

On 2018-04-13 at 9:09 AM, AchillesHeel said:

I'm glad that one of Liverpool or Roma will be in the final..I like rooting for the underdog.

On 2018-04-13 at 9:09 AM, AchillesHeel said:

I'm glad that one of Liverpool or Roma will be in the final..I like rooting for the underdog.

I only wished that they would play in the final.