Phantis Forums

Bosnia and Herzegovina vs Greece (9 June 2017- World Cup Qualifier- Bilino Polje Stadium, Zenica)

38 minutes ago, E-M-I-R said:

Great balanced and realistic article ! I particularly agree with "We were fortunate to come away with a draw in the first match vs Bosnia. Bosnia dominated play for most of the game, especially during the first half where we miraculously managed to finish only trailing by one-nil."

Does he mention that Bosnia scored a freaking lucky goal while Greece hit the post and plenty of times came close to score the equalizer, only for Begovic or a Bosnian defender to stop Mitroglou from achieving that. 

54 minutes ago, E-M-I-R said:

Great balanced and realistic article ! I particularly agree with "We were fortunate to come away with a draw in the first match vs Bosnia. Bosnia dominated play for most of the game, especially during the first half where we miraculously managed to finish only trailing by one-nil."

What's your point? I totally agree that we got outplayed against Bosnia the last game. But at the end of the day you scored one very lucky goal that hit the post and then our goalies head before going into the net. We also got lucky in the last minute to tie the game but that was a defensive break down which Bosnia is very prone to do and it was a rocket of a shot by Tzavellas. So even though you did outplay us I will give you that you still managed to only score one very lucky goal. Bottom line we are one point ahead of you in the standing and we will see Friday what happens. 

E-M-I-R I can tell you are one of these rats that if you end up winning Friday you will be all over this forum trying to rub it in and if you lose you will disappear so actually I don't think anyone cares about your comments or remarks. 

Comparing Greece to San Marino is ridiculous, its similar to me saying that Bosnia are like Andorra. Both teams are good footballing sides with Greece having the edge in past 15 years in terms of 2004 Euro Win and going to quarterfinals in 2012 Euros as well as making the last two World Cups and progressing to the knockout round. Bosnia have made 1 World Cup and 0 Euros but have come short twice via the playoff.

17 minutes ago, Molon Lave said:

Bosnia have gotten the better of us in the last 4 years, haven't beaten them since November 2006 in Zenica where Greece won 4-0. 

Last time we beat Bosnia was in 2007 for the same campaign, 3-2 at home. Ever since then we have 3 draws (0-0 twice and 1-1 once) and a loss (3-1).

Greece only plays well if the opponent is better. We are not used to have the ball on our  players and try to find an opening. Creativity is below 0.When the enemy has the ball and we just passive play, and they see their domination, confidence steps up, and defence steps higher. Counterattack out of nowhere with Samaras was probably our only attack option I can remember vs big teams. Sammy almost scored vs Argentina in 2010. Sammy scored vs Germany in 2012, Samy pressed high with Samaris and gave us the win vs Ivory coast. Sammy also gave us the win vs the Croats for the WC 2010. Crazy that some Greeks dont rate Sammy after so many CRUCIAL goals.  This is why we progressed in WC 2014 , Euro 2012 from the groupstages. Because everyone expected that we are just the "free 3 points" team. Both the African Champions and the Asian Champions got BTFO by this gameplay.

Ranieri's only mistake with Greece was that he tried to change it. Skibbe learned from Otto everything. Santos was miles ahead of Skibbe, but with this campaign so far, noone can say Skibbe is not performing.

We play just fine vs Minnows coz we are supposed to keep the ball and just find a way to score a goal which we are bad at.

We are bad vs Bosnia. They seem crazy when they play against us. Like they made an Enemy out of nowhere. I dont know why? Is it that they are muslim and close politically/friendly with the Turks, and we are Orthodox and "on paper" on the Russian side?

Surely that Serb' trash's banner is not gonna help. But in every match we play the bosnians MMA fans seem interested.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

Also for some reason the Bosnians arent replying to my MANY comments when I say that this is their last chance for a WC because Dzeko,Begovic will probably retire in 2-3 years fron the NT and Pjanic will be 32-33 in the next one.Players like Kolasinac Dzeko and Pjanic arent made every day for a nation like Bosnia. Players like Papa,Kyriakos,Manolas,Torosidis,Mitroglou,Fortounis arent easy to find either for us. We cant even replace Katsouranis who is 1 player. Imagine 6

2 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Stop giving them attention seriously. I post in Bosnian forums as well and people mock me cos I say what we believe here as true" our teams are not much of different in power" and they believe theirs is better. You re not gonna change their belief. 

Given that the odds makers have Bosnia as heavy favorites for the game, they must believe we are a better team, and they are objective because their motive is profit-making. This doesn't mean anything in terms of a final result, but what's a better indicator of the true standing of things than that?

1 minute ago, kosaca said:

Given that the odds makers have Bosnia as heavy favorites for the game, they must believe we are a better team, and they are objective because their motive is profit-making. This doesn't mean anything in terms of a final result, but what's a better indicator of the true standing of things than that?

their motive for doing so is because a) we didnt even win faroe islands 

b) we were the last pot 3 team

c) most important factor - home/away team.

49 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

We are bad vs Bosnia. They seem crazy when they play against us. Like they made an Enemy out of nowhere. I dont know why? Is it that they are muslim and close politically/friendly with the Turks, and we are Orthodox and "on paper" on the Russian side?

Haha, no. It is not as tense as you think, we have played two friendlies as well which passed without any problems if I remember. 

Stats of the Bosnian forwards in season 2016/17

Džeko(Roma), 29 goals Italian league, 2 goals Italian cup, 8 goals Europa league

Ibišević(Hertha), 12 goals German league, 4 goals Europa league

Bajić(Konyaspor), 17 goals Turkish league, 3 goals Turkish cup

Hodžić(Dinamo Zagreb), 16 goals Croatian league, 5 goals Croatian cup

Kodro(Osasuna), 7 goals Spanish league

Personally I consider Ibišević a worst forward of all but he will be either in the starting 11 with Džeko or first option from the bench if we start with one forward. Milan Đurić is my favourite, too bad he's injured.

Edited by Dampyr

Bosnian coach will do us the favor to play Dzeko along with Ibisevic. I think a 4-2-3-1 formation would be more effective than the 4-4-2 which Bosnian coach mostly prefers. A 4-4-2 is more 'manageable' to be handled by a good defensive side. 

10 hours ago, J1078 said:

E-M-I-R I can tell you are one of these rats that if you end up winning Friday you will be all over this forum trying to rub it in and if you lose you will disappear so actually I don't think anyone cares about your comments or remarks. 

Not at all , why would I do that. I was on this forum when we won 3-1 and I never did that. We are talking football here and people get upset as if I am putting down a whole nation. That article was written by a Greek in English and not by me so why the outrage. I am realistic and understand that both BiH and Greece aren't world beaters. As for pjanic scoring a "lucky" goal, look at how many free kicks he has scored in the last two years. Once again good luck and may the better team win :) 

9 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Also for some reason the Bosnians arent replying to my MANY comments when I say that this is their last chance for a WC because Dzeko,Begovic will probably retire in 2-3 years fron the NT and Pjanic will be 32-33 in the next one.Players like Kolasinac Dzeko and Pjanic arent made every day for a nation like Bosnia. Players like Papa,Kyriakos,Manolas,Torosidis,Mitroglou,Fortounis arent easy to find either for us. We cant even replace Katsouranis who is 1 player. Imagine 6

Bosnia will always have good strikers and young players. We have bajic,hodzic, kodro to replace dzeko and many other players in the diaspora. As for Greece you guys have a much stronger league and at least 4 teams that always make it in the champions league and Europa so I don't think Greece will have a shortage of players in the years to come. 

2 hours ago, Boxou said:

A latest report about the squad.

Karnezis (or Kapino)

Torosidis-Sokratis-Manolas-RetsoS

Zeca-Tziolis (or Maniatis)

Mantalos-Fortouni-Stafylidis

Mitroglou

Love

4 hours ago, Argy said:

Love

Retsos over Lykogiannis no way the rest is chalk Tziolis Maniatis JKourbelis Zeca 4x.25 or $1 all the same.

.........Kapino..............

Sokratis...Manolas...Lykogiannis

Toro..Zeca...Kourbelis..Stafy

Mandalos..Mitro..Fortounis

Like the fact that Kourbelis Zeca have some chemistry together and the 3 in the back will give less space for Dzeko to operate.

On 6/8/2017 at 5:50 AM, Boxou said:

A latest report about the squad.

Karnezis (or Kapino)

Torosidis-Sokratis-Manolas-RetsoS

Zeca-Tziolis (or Maniatis)

Mantalos-Fortouni-Stafylidis

Mitroglou

Is this going to be the official lineup?