Phantis Forums

Bosnia and Herzegovina vs Greece (9 June 2017- World Cup Qualifier- Bilino Polje Stadium, Zenica)

33 minutes ago, Boxou said:

A much better team that against Belgium conceded 4 goals relatively easy without even resisting? 

That doesn't mean anything. Wales beat Belgium 1-0, we lost to Belgium 3-1, we beat Wales 2-0.

33 minutes ago, Boxou said:

A much better team that against Belgium conceded 4 goals relatively easy without even resisting? 

Yes , if Bosnia played like they were San Marino and had 11 players in the box they probably could have had a draw but Bosnia never play like that and actually tried to play on their level. Belgium is just too good for BiH. I watched the greece Belgium game and it was an absolute miracle that the game ended 1-1. From memory greece had like one shot on goal the whole game. Either way we will see in a few days 

5 hours ago, E-M-I-R said:

Regardless of the penalty greece had nothing that game, totally out played. Last match it took a last sec goal to get a draw in Athens. Bosnia is a much better team ATM and will dominate in zenica however greece is a compact team that play well on the counter and every player gives 100% and play with heart something that a few Bosnian players could learn from. All in all this will be a close and dirty game, after the red cards and srebrenica banner zenica will be a very hostile environment. Great for the spectators :) 

It only sometimes seems that Bosnia is better because of their aggressive style of play. Greece has more depth and more top class players. Bosnia would never do to Belgium what Greece did. That wasn't just a compact game, that was tactics and some highly skilled players executing. 

Yes, Bosnia was the more positive side in Athens, but we were missing Manolas and the only Bosnian goal came from a Pjanic set piece; not even through open play. 

Edited by Argy

2 minutes ago, Argy said:

It only sometimes seems that Bosnia is better because of their aggressive style of play. Greece has more depth and more top class players. Bosnia would never do to Belgium what Greece did. That isn't just a compact game, that is tactics some highly skilled players executing. 

Yes Bosnia was the more positive team in Athens, but we were missing Manolas and the only goal was from a Pjanic set piece, not even in open play. 

:animaatjes-confused-1124061: http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/bosnia-routs-belgium-4-2-in-world-cup-qualifier

Edited by kosaca

First of all I'd like to advice you, since you're in a Greek forum, to type "Greece" and not "greece". You've done it a few times and I have not replied. As far as you write "Bosnia", "Belgium" and "greece", continuously, this is an act of disrespect and inferiority complex. Thanks is advance.

As far as the 'Greece plays like San Marino argument':

You're just embarrassing yourself. As far as that playing style is effective I'd take that on any given day if it would guarantee me a crucial point which might proved to be decisive for the qualification. And let your Bosnia trying to match Belgium's level by trying to play 'attacking' and 'attractive' football and failing to progress to a major tournament, qualification in qualifciation out. Whatever floats your boat..

• Like it 1

4 minutes ago, Argy said:

@kosaca Touché but we all know Belgium 2010 is nowhere near Belgium 2017. I'll give it to you though you're quick. 

Ok, but we also played them in 2014 (the year they reached the World Cup quarter finals) where we drew 1-1 as well, which is just what Greece did in March. 

Edited by kosaca

5 minutes ago, kosaca said:

Ok, but we also played them in 2014 where we drew 1-1 as well, which is just what Greece did in March. 

My point was I don't think Bosnia will get a result this time around seeing a 4-0 result a few months ago, but point taken I will retract my ''never''. 

Edited by Argy

12 minutes ago, Argy said:

My point was I don't think Bosnia will get a result this time around seeing a 4-0 result a few months ago, but point taken I will retract my ''never''. 

Probably not, though I think it's redundant to argue who's better based on results versus other teams, as there is no better indicator than a direct match up, so we will be able to see this Friday who is a better team. 

47 minutes ago, Boxou said:

First of all I'd like to advice you, since you're in a Greek forum, to type "Greece" and not "greece". You've done it a few times and I have not replied. As far as you write "Bosnia", "Belgium" and "greece", continuously, this is an act of disrespect and inferiority complex. Thanks is advance.

As far as the 'Greece plays like San Marino argument':

You're just embarrassing yourself. As far as that playing style is effective I'd take that on any given day if it would guarantee me a crucial point which might proved to be decisive for the qualification. And let your Bosnia trying to match Belgium's level by trying to play 'attacking' and 'attractive' football and failing to progress to a major tournament, qualification in qualifciation out. Whatever floats your boat..

I am using my iPhone and have no idea why it auto corrects certain countries and not others, if you think that was done on purpose you must have some deeper issues. As for the game itself , like I said we will wait and see :)  

Greece were within minutes of winning in Belgium a place where no team has won in a competitive fixture since Germany did so in 2011. Bosnia have good attacking play but there defence was exposed in Belgium and this is were we can take advantage. Should be a riveting encounter best of match day 6.

• Like it 1

Just now, Ellada2004 said:

Greece were within minutes of winning in Belgium a place where no team has won in a competitive fixture since Germany did so in 2011. Bosnia have good attacking play but there defence was exposed in Belgium and this is were we can take advantage. Should be a riveting encounter best of match day 6.

Completely agree. Bosnia play open, attacking football, which is why we struggle against Belgium. Nothing will change there, for the foreseeable future.

2 minutes ago, E-M-I-R said:

odds have just changed again 

Bosnia 1.66

draw 3:40

Greece 6.00 

This doesn't mean anything except that people are putting money on Bosnia to win. 

25 minutes ago, E-M-I-R said:

I am using my iPhone and have no idea why it auto corrects certain countries and not others, if you think that was done on purpose you must have some deeper issues. As for the game itself , like I said we will wait and see :)  

I think if there's someone who has deeper issues is you who constantly making comments about Greece playing like San Marino and how badly Bosnia will dominate them as a far better team etc. (yet you choosed not to reply on the rest part of my post)

12 minutes ago, Boxou said:

I think if there's someone who has deeper issues is you who constantly making comments about Greece playing like San Marino and how badly Bosnia will dominate them as a far better team etc. (yet you choosed not to reply on the rest part of my post)

Emir bet 100 dollars on Greece to win this game, I think you are chasing shadows. 

48 minutes ago, E-M-I-R said:

Didn't he make these commnets I'm stating above though? And what's the actual reason to do so? 

Regarding the bet, it's a win-win situation and I know a lot of people doing that too in crucial games. You either lose your money but you get personal satisfaction or you win more money but you're depressed from the game's result. 

Yes it might have not been pretty but for anyone who knows anything about Football Greece managed to keep such a potent offence to the outside and not give them second chances. You also said Bosnia could have tied Belgium if they played with 11 men back.. I hardly doubt that as you don't have the high quality defenders we have, and if it we didn't have to play with 10 guys after getting a player sent off we would have won that game lets not forget that. 

Let me add that beofre Tachtsidis was sent off, Greece was the better side in the second half and also had the momentum going. Skibbe had put Fortounis and Mitroglou putting pressure to their CBs and they lacked cohesion in the field, midfield and offece were totally disconnected. But then Fortounis had to be subbed off for a midfielder in order to replace Tachtsidis and as a result we didn't put any pressure to them. We had to play with 10 men in our own end which was the only way to avoid the defeat/draw. So claiming that Greece played in the whole game with 10 men in the box is completely wrong and shows that someone didn't want the game at all. Belgium dominated the game in the first 15 minutes and the last 30 against 10 Greeks. And it was then where the Belgians created most of their chances, before that they barely reached the penalty area. 

• Like it 1

4 minutes ago, Argy said:

Why does the author say that Maniatis has no club?

He left Atromitos after the season ended (more than a month) and probably hasn't trained since then.

What I dont understand is why players are calling Siopis a "better not pick him" over Maniatis whose only difference is that he has played with NT as well. Short guys (so the "siopis is short so we would sell midfield with him) who played for low budget clubs in Greece. One finished in the play offs and the other in midtable.

Si

• Like it 1

16 minutes ago, J1078 said:

Great balanced and realistic article ! I particularly agree with "We were fortunate to come away with a draw in the first match vs Bosnia. Bosnia dominated play for most of the game, especially during the first half where we miraculously managed to finish only trailing by one-nil."

4 hours ago, kosaca said:

Completely agree. Bosnia play open, attacking football, which is why we struggle against Belgium. Nothing will change there, for the foreseeable future.

This doesn't mean anything except that people are putting money on Bosnia to win. 

What people are trying to say is that you conceding 4 is not because you choose to play attacking football, because with the players you have - pace babies in wingers,Pjanic magic through balls and set pieces and Dzeko-Ibisevic in the top, there is nothign else you can do.
Bad thing is, if you see spain 2008-spain 2012- spain 2010-Portugal 2016-Argentina-Germany 2014. Defence is the key to success. Most of their matches ended 2-1 1-0.  Its hard to play a decent side like Belgium with no defensive awareness and mentality.
Belgium in 5 matches scored 5 times(and one goal in extra time) in the WC 2014.

Germany scored 9 in 6 matches(if we exclude the massacre to Brazil)

Argentina in 7 matches scored 9, all their matches ended draws or 1 goal difference.

Would you really expect a team with Messi,Aguero,Higuain,Di Maria(best argentine in 2014 imo) to be so poor offensively?
Coach knew it. Everyone knows it. Offense can win you a match, defence can win you a whole cup.

As long as Bosnia doesnt produce another player like Spahic, while Kolasinac,Pjanic and Dzeko are active I can't see your team doing anything more than an occasional group stage.

Greece is no powerhouse. But yet they managed to be in 3 Euros in a row , 2 World cups in the last 3. Reached 5/6 Final Tournaments with mediocre rosters. Of course right now you are a bit better Id say than us, despite results not showing anything that agrees with what I just said.

The fact that your team can win minnows 5-6-7 or 8 vs zero seems to be kinda misleading and hyping your hopes for it. You went in the field vs Belgium to lose and accept 2nd place. You can't go far with that mentality. Even your coach said we are aiming for 2nd place after the draw. A pot 2 team having labeled success ending up 2nd in a easy group. If that's what you call success then I can't see you ending higher than 3rd.

Plus , apart from the golden point against Belgium, Our goal difference, even though you beat Estonia 5-0 and Gibraltar 4-0 is only 1 goal difference. Im not even sure if goal difference will be with or against you this time.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank