Phantis Forums

Bosnia and Herzegovina vs Greece (9 June 2017- World Cup Qualifier- Bilino Polje Stadium, Zenica)

@Argy

im pretty sure we had a full squad in Athens against them did we not? I might be mistaken. I also think we had a full squad when they beat us 3-1 when we had Kara still. I could be wrong but I don't think we had a significant lose in any of those matches. This match is a different story.

I dont like his saying. 

What does it mean they have good players who play in big clubs.

Don't we as well? Mitroglou,Sokratis, Manolas, Papadopoulos, Karnezis,Stafylidis are all fan favorits in their clubs due to their excellent performances. Torosidis, Tachtsidis, Tzavellas, Karelis also in good championships and considered on par to the level of it. 

Of course they have good players. But it sounded to me like there is fear. Prepare for the worst.

Last time we played on their field we conceded 3 times from set pieces (one of them a non-existing penalty). If I remember correctly their stadium is small. So I guess it's gonna be hard evne for FIFA to organise it with safety.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilino_Polje_Stadium

Damn 16,500 no wonder it got sold out in a few hours.

Dont think the Bosnian fans can keep their temper in that box.

In other articles I saw that Skibbe is very satisfied with the addition of the 5 new players.

I think a new addition to the line up is imminent.

One of the following to is 100% to happen:
Lykogiannis in the back and Stafylidis up front.

Stafylidis on the back and Donis up front (can play LW)

For the midfielders:5% Tziolis to start , 50% Maniatis to start 20%Siopis to start 20% Zeca to start 5% Kourbelis to start.

A combo of Maniatis + Zeca/Siopis seems the most possible.

Not gonnna say anything else for the line up as to behonest, we all believe some stuff but noone literally has an Idea who Skibbe favors in the current midfield.

**EDIT: Just figured a wombo combo of literally crazy WTF changes Skibbe could do and literally let us all malakes by how impossible to work it seems:
Stafylidis Kofths

Lykogiannis LB

Donis/Gianniotas LM/LW

ill really laugh a lot if something like that happens.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

I believe Zeca will start as he's more of a physical player and a better defender. Playing Siopis would be risky Imo even if him and Retsos are far better players than Maniatis and Zeca. 

Starting Lykogiannis as a LB and putting Stafylidis up front would make sense too, after all that's how we've been playing when Tzavellas is around and it worked so far. (4W-2D in the last 6). So

Karnezis or Kapino

Torosidis-Manolas-Sokratis-Lykogiannis or Stafylidis

Maniatis-Zeca or Siopis

Mantalos-Fortounis-Gianniotas or Donis or Stafylidis

Mitroglou

Win this and then it's up to us to play at least in the playoffs.

Btw Belgium had a narrow win (2-1) in a friendly in Brussels against a below average in the qualifiers Czech Republic side.

New to the forum, looking forward to this match, I hope they can get the win and that would lock up the playoff at the very least. Will be a difficult match in a tough stadium to play.

7 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Last time we played on their field we conceded 3 times from set pieces (one of them a non-existing penalty). If I remember correctly their stadium is small. So I guess it's gonna be hard evne for FIFA to organise it with safety.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilino_Polje_Stadium

Damn 16,500 no wonder it got sold out in a few hours.

Dont think the Bosnian fans can keep their temper in that box.

There is not a single referee on earth who wouldn't call that as a penalty.

Regardless of the penalty greece had nothing that game, totally out played. Last match it took a last sec goal to get a draw in Athens. Bosnia is a much better team ATM and will dominate in zenica however greece is a compact team that play well on the counter and every player gives 100% and play with heart something that a few Bosnian players could learn from. All in all this will be a close and dirty game, after the red cards and srebrenica banner zenica will be a very hostile environment. Great for the spectators :) 

Ye dude I dont disagree that the match in 2013 was yours. But there is a difference playing a game thats 1-0 than a game thats 2-0. A goal out of nowhere could give us a draw and automatic qualification. 

Bosnia is a much better team atm. Nope.  Maybe Dzeko and Pjanic can give offensive solutions but that's just it. You can win all the minnows 4 or 5-0 but Belgium literally crashed you. Defense is unrealistically off level. Its not nice football but being able to give the ball and wait your opponent is another aspect of modern football.

Since Pjanic is Bosnian and plays for Juve you should have seen it from the Cattenaccio masters themselves.

This is why, imo this is your last chance for a World Cup and possibly a decent run. Dzeko will quit due to age before the next one and Pjanic will be 32 as well. Clearly from small countries like ours and yours, we can't produce such players like Sokratis, Manolas, Torosidis, Dzeko, Pjanic , Kolasinac,Spahic every day, like Spain and England/Germany do. That's another reason why the 2004 Euro Win is a miracle.
*Spahic in his prime really missing from your NT. I guess we can a gree on that.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Well that Banner a serb held in Greece was inhuman. I expect countermeasures from your ultras.

I doubt it, they're aware of the consequences it can have for the team. The Romanians put up a similar banner when we faced them but we didn't do anything in response. I think of west Balkan FA's our one is the one with the least fines / punishments for fan related incidents.

15 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Well that Banner a serb held in Greece was inhuman. I expect countermeasures from your ultras.

What like put banners up about the Greeks that were kicked out of their homes and killed in turkey and Cyprus ? I don't think so , Bosnian mentality is a bit different, if that was to happen I would put my Bosnian citizenship in the bin. People are all people, everyone suffers the same and this is just a football game :)  I expect booing the Greek anthem will happen but that's about it 

6 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

what are the consequences btw? Any formal rule like loss of the match on papers?

That's usually only for extreme incidents like Serbia vs Albania. Usually a fine for the FA and three matches behind closed doors; we will need full support vs Belgium at home.

6 minutes ago, E-M-I-R said:

What like put banners up about the Greeks that were kicked out of their homes and killed in turkey and Cyprus ? I don't think so , Bosnian mentality is a bit different, if that was to happen I would put my Bosnian citizenship in the bin. People are all people, everyone suffers the same and this is just a football game :)  I expect booing the Greek anthem will happen but that's about it 

Its not a mater of Bosnian/Greek/X-Nation mentality.

Ultras are the garbage of society. I find them pretty amusing to be honest, but I don't attend matches with rivalries to get caught in any such incidents. Probably that's why I find them amusing and entertaining.

In BiH there is a clear difference between people who attend basketball and people who attend fotball national team games. Basketball fans for example would not boo opposite anthem, but fotball fans will do such a thing sometimes. 

Fans who lives outside of BiH, those who escaped during the war or their sons are most radical on the stadions.

3 hours ago, E-M-I-R said:

Regardless of the penalty greece had nothing that game, totally out played. Last match it took a last sec goal to get a draw in Athens. Bosnia is a much better team ATM and will dominate in zenica however greece is a compact team that play well on the counter and every player gives 100% and play with heart something that a few Bosnian players could learn from. All in all this will be a close and dirty game, after the red cards and srebrenica banner zenica will be a very hostile environment. Great for the spectators :) 

A much better team that against Belgium conceded 4 goals relatively easy without even resisting?