Phantis Forums

Bosnia and Herzegovina vs Greece (9 June 2017- World Cup Qualifier- Bilino Polje Stadium, Zenica)

2 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Skillwise yes, but Tziolis is 1,92.  If you play 4-4-2 with 2 wingers and 2 strikers we might even dominate the midfield just by that. We used Tachtsidis vs Belgium only to disable the high game of Fellaini.

Damn, just imagine Tziolis - Medudjanin both starting. Slowest progression in football since the sport itself began.

Fortounis is nothing on retreiving the ball and pressuring. He is creative and that's just it. So I doubt he ll be any much of help in the midfield, just an extra option for a pass.

But I guess the "wingers" we use arent exactly the "i w8 the ball on the flank area to hit them from there". the one is an attacking midfielder and the other one a Left Back, they usually close in, we know our midfield sux so we put lot of men in there.

:grin:, that is true, Medunjanin is one of the slowest players ever. I hope he doesn't start. He can shoot, pass, but that's it. Really lethargic player.

Bottom line it doesn't matter who is missing from your team and who we put at midfield, Bosnia will control the mid way better then we will. Our mid is and will be for years to come our weakest position by far.

Greece's midfield isn't the main strength

They do have 1 player who can be a difference maker in dictating the game in that position. Kostas Fortounis 

If he does something special in this match, Greece have a very good chance to win. 

4 hours ago, J1078 said:

Bottom line it doesn't matter who is missing from your team and who we put at midfield, Bosnia will control the mid way better then we will. Our mid is and will be for years to come our weakest position by far.

You and everyone having the same ideas better quit the forum if all you gonna do is spread disbilief and misery.

They re playing with CBs in their Fullback Position. Both of them will be CBs, 4 CBs in the defence, RB vranjes.

Probably missing their 8 Miralem Pjanic. the only top class player apart from Dzeko and Kolasinac they have.

take a look at their midfielders called, and some will have to play, if Pjanic is injured:
*Haris Medudjanin: the bosnian tziolis, plays in MLS right now.

*Muhamed Besic: was injued for 227 days from august till mid march, this season only played 190 minutes in youth premier league for everton. Probably good to play at such club,but what can he do its been 12 months since he last played at a high level.

*Mato Jajalo: Starter defensive mid at relegated palermo. 

*Gorgo Cimirot: Paok defensive mid, decent as well for Greek Super League.

*Sanjin Prcic: Starter at Ligue 1 Rennes.

You don't rate Cagliari starter Tachtsidis, but you gonna rate a relegation team player in the same league.

You don't rate Siopis who tryharded in a low budget Panionios team but you rate a Paok defensive midfielder..

You don't rate Tziolis (ok thats obvious im here with you fam) but the Bosnian Tziolis is gonna dominate the midfield vs creative players like Mantalos and Fortounis.

You don't rate Samaris but for some reason a Rennes midfielder has to win us.

Our midfield isnt good , its obvious. Since Karagounis and Katsouranis left we have not produced a single midfielder who can step up and take the midfield on his shoulders like those two did. Especially with Samaris, Tachtsidis, Papadopoulos missing, our midfield is definately weakened. But honestly, do not try to imply that their players are Barcelona material.

I am expecting some youths to impress in the match vs Bosnia. You might not expect it but I really hope Siopis, Retsos start and prove people wrong.

Sokratis said in his last interview that greeks need to love their players. Belgium has world class players that everyone loves and knows , but Greece has quality players too . Here is the link for you 

Wasnt the Belgim result an answer?If you just wanna come to the forum to say "Were gonna lose we suck." in every match we play ( coz im sure that if i search the belgium match there is gonna be another comment for you, probably calling Tachtsidis useless-yeah,the guy who flew higher than 2 belgians and brought you the assist vs Belgium-) and probably also spamming a stomp score in favor of Belgium. There are people here who like the team and support it knowing its power and levle. We know we are not France or Brazil,but we are not playing versus a stacked Germany or Spain either.

Anyways, I came here to say something else:
Hazard is injured and will lose the match vs Greece in Athens. If we manage to win here everything is open for even 1st spot.

19 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

You and everyone having the same ideas better quit the forum if all you gonna do is spread disbilief and misery.

They re playing with CBs in their Fullback Position. Both of them will be CBs, 4 CBs in the defence, RB vranjes.

Probably missing their 8 Miralem Pjanic. the only top class player apart from Dzeko and Kolasinac they have.

take a look at their midfielders called, and some will have to play, if Pjanic is injured:
*Haris Medudjanin: the bosnian tziolis, plays in MLS right now.

*Muhamed Besic: was injued for 227 days from august till mid march, this season only played 190 minutes in youth premier league for everton. Probably good to play at such club,but what can he do its been 12 months since he last played at a high level.

*Mato Jajalo: Starter defensive mid at relegated palermo. 

*Gorgo Cimirot: Paok defensive mid, decent as well for Greek Super League.

*Sanjin Prcic: Starter at Ligue 1 Rennes.

You don't rate Cagliari starter Tachtsidis, but you gonna rate a relegation team player in the same league.

You don't rate Siopis who tryharded in a low budget Panionios team but you rate a Paok defensive midfielder..

You don't rate Tziolis (ok thats obvious im here with you fam) but the Bosnian Tziolis is gonna dominate the midfield vs creative players like Mantalos and Fortounis.

You don't rate Samaris but for some reason a Rennes midfielder has to win us.

Our midfield isnt good , its obvious. Since Karagounis and Katsouranis left we have not produced a single midfielder who can step up and take the midfield on his shoulders like those two did. Especially with Samaris, Tachtsidis, Papadopoulos missing, our midfield is definately weakened. But honestly, do not try to imply that their players are Barcelona material.

I am expecting some youths to impress in the match vs Bosnia. You might not expect it but I really hope Siopis, Retsos start and prove people wrong.

Sokratis said in his last interview that greeks need to love their players. Belgium has world class players that everyone loves and knows , but Greece has quality players too . Here is the link for you 

Wasnt the Belgim result an answer?If you just wanna come to the forum to say "Were gonna lose we suck." in every match we play ( coz im sure that if i search the belgium match there is gonna be another comment for you, probably calling Tachtsidis useless-yeah,the guy who flew higher than 2 belgians and brought you the assist vs Belgium-) and probably also spamming a stomp score in favor of Belgium. There are people here who like the team and support it knowing its power and levle. We know we are not France or Brazil,but we are not playing versus a stacked Germany or Spain either.

Anyways, I came here to say something else:
Hazard is injured and will lose the match vs Greece in Athens. If we manage to win here everything is open for even 1st spot.

First off where did I say we are going to lose the game in that comment when I spoke about our mid?  Did I say something that isn't true? Is our mid not a huge problem? do they not get out played 90% of the time especially against an average to good teams mid? is it not a huge reason we don't create flow and chances? so before you tell me to leave the form because I made a comment about our sub par mid. I did speak positive about our results up until the Belgium game but I did speak negative about how we played to get those results. I also said after the Belgium game it was the first time in a while I was proud of our team as they should confidence and played Steller D. Listen I hope we win just as much as the next guy but I was stating the obvious facts and if you cant deal with peoples opinion then maybe you should beat it from the forum. You've completely contradicted yourself I spoke about how our mid is the weakest part of our team and you agreed by saying its bad since kara and kats so I'm not to sure what your getting so up tight for kid. Either way not here to argue with you as everyone has the right to there opinion.

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, J1078 said:

First off where did I say we are going to lose the game in that comment when I spoke about our mid?  Did I say something that isn't true? Is our mid not a huge problem? do they not get out played 90% of the time especially against an average to good teams mid? is it not a huge reason we don't create flow and chances? so before you tell me to leave the form because I made a comment about our sub par mid. I did speak positive about our results up until the Belgium game but I did speak negative about how we played to get those results. I also said after the Belgium game it was the first time in a while I was proud of our team as they should confidence and played Steller D. Listen I hope we win just as much as the next guy but I was stating the obvious facts and if you cant deal with peoples opinion then maybe you should beat it from the forum. You've completely contradicted yourself I spoke about how our mid is the weakest part of our team and you agreed by saying its bad since kara and kats so I'm not to sure what your getting so up tight for kid. Either way not here to argue with you as everyone has the right to there opinion.

You re saying their players will dominate it like they are some sort of Modric Rakitic Kovasic combo.

The only common they have is the ending of their name to ic. You re making them look like an impossible taslk to win the midfield from. Wake up, we re playing vs Bosnia, not f*ckin France. 

I even mentioned in my comment that our midfield is mediocre at best with our A choise players in it. But your exaggeration, and eveyrone else's in this forum with the same opinion, saying how our midfield will be lost from minute 0 because we have a bad midfield is annoying. The only people who have high hopes on our N team in this forum are the Bosnians themselves who said that with such absences (and with Pjanic probably having problems even if he plays) they are scared that we might even win them).

Yes our midfield is poor overall, it is not in par with the Defence level, the Fortounis-Mitroglou up front and with Mantalos shining at some moments, but for f*cks sake we are talking about Bosnia and with abscences as well.

Midfield was good vs Belgium. Even with a man down we could repel them at least. I don't understand why you have such a negativity about it.

• Like it 1

Trust me I hope I'm wrong and I hope our mid does step up and show us they can compete. My only concern is who skibbe might select. I kind of would rather see a young guy get a look but I have a feeling if zeca is injured it will be maniatis and tziolis. I have no clue what Zeca brings to the table yet but I can almost guarantee he will start if healthy.

This will be our biggest match. I expect a fighting effort from both team's as this match is very vital to making it to Russia. If we win this, it would be huge. If we draw that is also huge. But if we lose we are going to have problems. I always want Greece to win no matter what. I expect us to score aswell keep a clean sheet. I just hope Tziolis does not start. I'd rather Retsos or Kourbelis. Maniatis should start. He is one of our most experienced players with a very good work ethic. Siopis should be his successor. 

Expected Imo and I'm sure Skibbe never thought he would miss the game. Anyway little importance it has right now as his status was questionable only the past 2 days.

By the way if he's one of the best midfielders in earth you think he would have achieved something more than just a single qualification to the world cup with his national team.

8 minutes ago, Boxou said:

Expected Imo and I'm sure Skibbe never thought he would miss the game. Anyway little importance it has right now as his status was questionable only the past 2 days.

By the way if he's one of the best midfielders in earth you think he would have achieved something more than just a single qualification to the world cup with his national team.

Right, and Aubameyang has never done anything with Gabon. Must mean he's s%$#!. What flawed logic, I suggest you rewatch the first half of Juventus vs Real Madrid.

Edited by kosaca

30 minutes ago, kosaca said:

Right, and Aubameyang has never done anything with Gabon. Must mean he's s%$#!. What flawed logic, I suggest you rewatch the first half of Juventus vs Real Madrid.

Apples and oranges. You say he's one of the best and I say he hasn't proved it in international level. And surely one can't compare the teammates he had/has with the ones that Aubameyang is supposed to play with. Really now. I'm talking about the fact that he has underperformed in international level and you come up suggesting me to rewatch the first half of the final game? If this is not flawed logic then what? I didn't doubt his skills or his quality for the love of god. 

Regarding the other comment, I don't think the fact Messi (and other Barca players) wasn't selected in UCL 2016-2017 means he's not one of the best ATM

Edited by Boxou

12 minutes ago, Boxou said:

Apples and oranges. You say he's one of the best and I say he hasn't proved it in international level. And surely one can't compare the teammates he had/has with the ones that Aubameyang is supposed to play with. Really now. I'm talking about the fact that he has underperformed in international level and you come up suggesting me to rewatch the first half of the final game? If this is not flawed logic then what? I didn't doubt his skills or his quality for the love of god. 

Regarding the other comment, I don't think the fact Messi (and other Barca players) wasn't selected in UCL 2016-2017 means he's not one of the best ATM

Football teams do not consist of one player, do you expect Pjanic to win 10 games by himself? Defending, goalkeeping, scoring, assisting?

I don't think Bosnia is much better than Gabon actually. Mario Lemina (Juve) also plays for them. However, a player is not defined by his international team. Aleksandr Hleb is not a bad player because Belarus didn't qualify for tournaments. Aubameyang is not bad because Gabon didn't qualify to the 2014 World Cup.

Leonel Messi has won nothing with Argentina. You call him one of  the best ATM despite he wasnt in the top 11 of the CL.

Pjanic has won nothing with Bosnia( a team of lower skill than Argentina) You do not rate him cause of that , evne though he was in the top 11 UCL players.

Boxou you even tryin?

• Like it 1

Team values according to transfermarkt

greece 113.5m euro

bosnia 123.85m euros

fifa world ranking 

greece 40th

bosnia 29th

odds for the match 

Bosnia 1.70

draw 3.30

greece 5.50

Titles: 

greece :euro 2004

bosnia: Kirin cup 2016

Bosnia: first qualifying campaign wc 1998

greece: first international 1929, 3 World Cup appearances (first in 1994), 4 euro appearances (first in 1980)

confederations cup appearance 2005

bosnia: 1 World Cup appearance 2014 

Edited by E-M-I-R
Added info