Phantis Forums

Greek Cup - Final: PAOK - AEK (06 May 17, 20:30 EEST)

Blackhawk

17 minutes ago, Bananas said:

Wasn't there an issue with toilets not working ?  Have the toilets been fixed or will each person be supplied with a bucket on entry to the stadium ?

Worse - they built the stadium with an entire section (6000 seats) with no toilets - Beos claims it was during the 80s when politicians openly stole from public funds, such that there was not enough money to construct bathroom facilities in that section. Unbelievable right? That it was ever permitted to open in the first place ... clearly no inspection before they get an occupancy permit. 

3 minutes ago, bbbUltra said:

Greetings 

Will PAOK be wearing the black & white stripe jersey or all white? Plz confirm fellow fans 

-U-

It's my understanding PAOK will be the home team and wear their normal home black-white kit. 

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, teke817 said:

Worse - they built the stadium with an entire section (6000 seats) with no toilets - Beos claims it was during the 80s when politicians openly stole from public funds, such that there was not enough money to construct bathroom facilities in that section. Unbelievable right? That it was ever permitted to open in the first place ... clearly no inspection before they get an occupancy permit. 

I think I read a few days ago that they were going to bring in Port a potties for this very reason ;)

Welcome Ultra!

17 hours ago, jvc said:

^^If they were smart the location would be chosen from the beginning of the year....every year alternating between Athens and Thessaloniki.

They did. At the start of the season, the clown Girtzikis announced the final would be played in Germany. 

1 hour ago, teke817 said:

The stadium was completely remodeled for the 2004 Olympics. The Olympic soccer tournament games were played there. Now how they managed to fool the International Olympic Committe by not having toilets in one complete section of the stadium should be investigated. I am sure the money for that is in some Swiss bank account.

Ivic said today during the Greek Cup Final press conference that he decided on the starting lineup 3 days ago.

I think we will see something like this:

-------------- Glykos ----------------
Matos - Varela - Crespo - Leovac
--- Shakhov --------- Cimirot -------
Campos --- Biseswar --- Henrique
-------------- Prijovic ------------------

^ the fact that the team has put out multiple posters of their star players (Varela, Pelkas, Biseswar) implies to me that we'll at least see those guys. Wasn't Malezas also in a press conference? If Crespo ends up doing a few interviews, it might be proof of us starting with a 3-5-2!

Pelkas is a possibility instead of Henrique. Judging how Biseswar played against Panathinaikos makes me think he will give him a start. I could see Malezas instead of Varela as well. I think Crespo will start in order to contain Araujo, unless Canas gets a start. We'll see tomorrow what happens. It will be a tough game.

EPO officially announced a sold out for the game. No more tickets are available. Now if you have a ticket, it will be a challenge to find your seat though.

BTW each team received 8,538 tickets.

I believe after the Kerkyra game, Ivic said that Biseswar has a lot of trouble playing more than once a week, which is why he's been using him relatively sparely. I would not be surprised to see him start tomorrow and possibly play the whole game, as he's doubtlessly rested by now.

Have the 18 players been announced already?

Yeah I don't think Biseswar is really capable of giving you 90' so it's almost better to use him as a super sub at halftime like last week. Which I think means a lineup like what BostonThanatos posted but with Pelkas for Henrique. No way you leave Pelkas on the bench after the performance he put on last week. 

To paraphrase what Blackhawk said after our loss vs AEK - for big derbies like this, you need to have some guys in there that know how important the game is. Pelkas should be in it regardless of form, and the fact that he's been good lately makes his start a no-brainer for me.

21 hours ago, bbbUltra said:

Thanks Teke

Then AEK will be in the pink & white kit ?

I see this on metrosport.gr.

Με την κλασική ασπρόμαυρη ριγέ φανέλα, άσπρο σορτσάκι και άσπρες κάλτσες θα αγωνιστεί ο ΠΑΟΚ στον τελικό Κυπέλλου κόντρα στην ΑΕΚ στον Πανθεσσαλικό, όπως γνωστοποίησε η ΠΑΕ του Δικεφάλου του Βορρά με σχετική ανάρτηση στο Twitter.

Από την πλευρά της και η ΑΕΚ με αντίστοιχη ανάρτηση στα social media έκανε γνωστό πως οι παίκτες του Μανόλο Χιμένεθ θα φορέσουν την ριγέ κιτρινόμαυρη φανέλα με κίτρινο σορτσάκι και κίτρινες κάλτσες.

• Blackhawk changed the title to Greek Cup - Final: PAOK - AEK (06 May 17, 20:30 EEST)