Phantis Forums

Greek Cup - Final: PAOK - AEK (06 May 17, 20:30 EEST)

Blackhawk

1 hour ago, Barcelona4 said:

O ΠΑΟΚ έχει χάσει το Κύπελλο το 1938, 1950, 1954, 1969, 1970, 1972, 1976, 1977, 1980, 1982, 1984, 1991 και για τελευταία φορά το 2014. Εκτος το 1969-70 και το 1984-85, όλα τα υπολοιπα έγιναν σε αθηναϊκά γήπεδα με αθηναϊκές ομάδες. Οκτώ φορες απο αυτές, ο αντίπαλος μας έπαιξε στην έδρα του.

Αντιθέτως, μονο μία φορά έγινε τελικός στην Τούμπα (με τον Άρη το 2003).

And after you see this you want the final in OAKA ?  I wonder how many cups we would have won if all of those finals had been played in Thessaloniki.

Like I said earlier, the fairest system is either a neutral ground or two leg home and away.  Of course, I'm sure the Athenian clubs would not agree.

Kominis, the ref who did not see the Hult hand ball in the first semi against Panathinaikos has been assigned to call the final. I also remember a PAOK game against Aris in the past where he let Aris players fouling our players without any repercussions.

He probably will be fair, but I am just stating facts. In most cases the cup finals are called 50/50. The only one that was not that comes to mind was the Olympiakos - Tripoli few years back with Maniatis playing a goal keeper.

35 minutes ago, jvc said:

^^But it was Savidis who didn't want the game to be played in Athens....that was the logical place for the final wasn't?  Greece has problems because it allows morons to get involved and make decisions.

It's only logical if your team is based in Athens.  To me, the most logical place to play the final is Toumba.  I bet that suggestion would cause the Athens clubs to squeal with indignation.

They had weeks to make this decision, and yet, here we are. No wonder nobody respects the game in Greece. Its a disorganized and corrupt  embarrassment.

And to blame Savvidis for this is stupid. For once there is a president who wont stand for the crap that comes out of Athens, and the corrupt idiots don't like it.

Edited by PAOK_Fan

Just now, jvc said:

^^The stadium is divided with equal fans,  so what's the problem?   They hold it in Athens to attract a bigger event.

Yeah, nah, we'll play it in Toumba with fans divided equally. :)

• Like it 1

4 minutes ago, jvc said:

^^The stadium is divided with equal fans,  so what's the problem?   They hold it in Athens to attract a bigger event.

It wasn't a problem when we played you guys there a few years back, but the fact  AEK uses it as their home ground changes things .

1 hour ago, jvc said:

Whats the problem? It's AEK's friggen home ground.

Equal fans or not, that's a massive advantage, imagine all the crying from you lot(when it comes down to the crunch, all Athens teams = hand in hand) if the game was at Toumba.

No 'big' player would ever come to Greece. They only ones we'll get are either washed up has beens who are at the tail end of their careers and want a quick cash grab (eg. Berbatov), or players who haven't lived up to their promise at bigger Clubs and want to relaunch their careers in Greece in the hope of getting a move to bigger Clubs eventually (rg. Vieirinha).

Edited by PAOK_Fan
  • Like it 1

I don't think the final has officially been postponed, apparently the announcement was going to be last night but both clubs and EPO intervened, as they want it played this Saturday. Although its looking likely it will be postponed an announcement is expected in the next few hours. 

Apparently the issue is on the tickets that have been printed there are no seat numbers. According to the "rules" there needs to be an allocated row and seat number. One of the solutions I have heard is as people enter they are given a number and that is their seat. I don't know how feasible that is, or any other solution with the game under 36 hours away.... There should be official word soon though

What a country #ellas 

Edited by paokarag4

final word is the game will proceed as scheduled. 

@everyone quick question - are the cup games free to watch on Laola1.tv or do you require a paid subscription? I used to pay for it when all of our home games were broadcast there but that was 2 years ago ...

• Blackhawk changed the title to Greek Cup - Final: PAOK - AEK (06 May 17, 20:30 EEST)