Phantis Forums

Greek Cup - Final: PAOK - AEK (06 May 17, 20:30 EEST)

Blackhawk

i_mera_kai_i_ora_tou_telikou_1.jpg

MATCHUP:           P.A.O.K. Thessaloniki – A.E.K. Athens
COMPETITION:    Greek Cup - Final
DATE:                    06-May-2017
TIME:                    
20:30 EEST  (18:30 GMT, 12:30 CDT, 03:30 AEST next day) 
CITY/STADIUM:    Volos - Panthessaliko Stadium (Capacity: 22,700)
REFEREES:          Georgios Kominis (Thesprotia) - Christos Baltas (Achaia), Georgios Kalfoglou (Thesprotia) - Tasos Sidiropoulos (Doedecanesa), Dimitris Thanos (Grevena)
TELEVISION:        COSMOTE Sport 1 (Greece), Antenna Satellite (USA, Canada), Antenna Pacific (Australia), Laola1.Tv Stream (Worldwide)

P.A.O.K. vs A.E.K. Greek Cup history:    

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011-2012:  Round 5:    PAOK - AEK  2:0 (Lino-p, Athanasiadis) - Attendance: 15,095 (Toumba Stadium)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010-2011:  SF-L2 :       PAOK – AEK  0:1 - Attendance: 23,105 (Toumba Stadium)
2010-2011:  SF-L1 :       AEK - PAOK   0:0 - Attendance: 16,928 (OAKA Stadium)

2002-2003:  SF-L2 :       PAOK – AEK  1:1 (Okkas) - Attendance: 8,363  (Toumba Stadium)
2002-2003:  SF-L1 :       AEK - PAOK   0:1 (Giasemis) - Attendance: 10,082 (Nikos Goumas Stadium)

2001-2002:  QF-L2 :       PAOK – AEK  0:4 - Attendance: 15,109  (Toumba Stadium)
2001-2002:  QF-L1 :       AEK - PAOK   2:1 (Frousos) - Attendance: 6,310 (Nikos Goumas Stadium)

1991-1992:  SF-L2 :       PAOK – AEK  3:0 aet (Alexiou 2, Djurdjevic) - Attendance: 21,388 (Toumba Stadium)
1991-1992:  SF-L1 :       AEK - PAOK   2:0  - Attendance: 15,153 (Nea Filadelfia Stadium)

1982-1983:  FINAL:        PAOK - AEK  0:2 - Attendance: 72,899 (OAKA Stadium)

1981-1982:  Round 3-L1 : PAOK – AEK  6:1 (C. Dimopoulos 3, Koudas, Siggas, Guerino) - Attendance: 19,550 (Toumba Stadium)
1981-1982:  Round 3-L2 : AEK - PAOK  2:2 (C. Dimopoulos 2) - Attendance: 7,117 (Nea Filadelfia Stadium)

1980-1981:  SF-L1 :         PAOK – AEK  1:0 (Kostikos) - Attendance: 26,674 (Toumba Stadium)
1980-1981:  SF-L2 :         AEK - PAOK   0:2 (Damanakis, Georgopoulos) - Attendance: 12,736 (played at Chalkida)

1979-1980:  Round 3:    PAOK – AEK  1:0 (?) - Attendance: 28,151 (Toumba Stadium)
1977-1978:  FINAL:        PAOK - AEK  0:2 - Attendance: 23,483 (Karaiskaki Stadium)
1976-1977:  Round 3:    PAOK – AEK  2:1 (?) - Attendance: 44,045 (Toumba Stadium)
1973-1974:  Round 3:    PAOK – AEK  3:1 (Paridis, Aslanidis,Sarafis) - Attendance: 23,597 (Toumba Stadium)
1970-1971:  SF:              PAOK – AEK  3:2 (Aslanidis 2, Paridis) - Attendance: 28,815 (Toumba Stadium)

1964-1965:  Round 2:      AEK - PAOK  4:0 - Attendance: 11,066 (Nea Filadelfia Stadium)

1963-1964:  Round 2:      PAOK – AEK  0:3 aet  Attendance: 9,061 (Toumba Stadium)

1938-1939:  FINAL: :      PAOK – AEK  1:2 (Ioannidis) - Attendance: ? (Leoforos Alexandras Stadium)

1931-1932:  SF:              AEK - PAOK  2:1 (Papagiordanidis) - Attendance: ? (Leoforos Alexandras Stadium)

GAMES:    23
WINS:       10
TIES:          3
LOSSES:  10

• Like it 1

• Blackhawk changed the title to Greek Cup - Final: PAOK - AEK (06 May 17, 20:30 EEST)

Earlier today it was reported that the final will take place in Crete. However few hours later it was reported that EPO decided to hold the final at the Panthessaliko Stadium in Volos. And only few hours after that the police captain for the Volos region came out saying that the stadium is not safe and that the game can't be held there.

It's obvious that there are strings being pulled behind the scenes. AEK desperately wants the game to be played at OAKA, their home field. PAOK definitively does not want that option. I think both teams don't want Crete.

Right now, officially the game is set for Volos, but that might change by the hour. The stadium in Volos was built for the 2004 Olympics and holds 22,700 fans. However there are around 3,000 seats that are broken and might not be used. Also it is expected that 3,000 seats will be set as barriers between fans. With that in mind, it appears that each team will receive around 7,000 tickets. EPO will keep 2,000 tickets for their purposes.

• Blackhawk changed the title to Greek Cup - Final: PAOK - AEK (06 May 17, 20:30 EEST)
On 29/04/2017 at 10:10 PM, Yiankos said:

Εγώ θα ήθελα να γίνει στο ΟΑΚΑ. Μακάρι να το σηκώσουμε.

Πιστεύω πως ηταν σωστή η απόφαση να παιχθεί ο τελικός στο Βόλο και είμαι της γνώμης πως απο'δω και περα ετσι πρέπει να γίνεται κάθε φορά που παίζει μια ομάδα απο Αθήνα με μια απο Βόρεια Ελλάδα. Σαν Έλληνες δεν είμαστε για πολλά. Όποιος πρότεινε να γίνει ο τελικός στο Ηράκλειο θέλει ξύλο απο την Αθήνα μέχρι τα Μάλλια.

If you want "fair", it either always has to be at a neutral ground, or if you're feeling crazy you could do like the UEFA Cup (or was it Cup Winners Cup) years ago where even the final was a two leg home and away round.

3 hours ago, Bananas said:

If you want "fair", it either always has to be at a neutral ground, or if you're feeling crazy you could do like the UEFA Cup (or was it Cup Winners Cup) years ago where even the final was a two leg home and away round.

UEFA cup, 96/97 was the last two legged final

• Like it 1

Sport24 predicting essentially the same squad makeup as vs Panathinaikos (which was kind of obvious. Basically will be one of these two lineups:

--Glykos--

--Matos--Varela--Crespo--Leovac--

--Canas--Shakhov--Cimirot--

--Campos--Prijovic--Pelkas--

or:

--Glykos--

--Matos--Varela--Crespo--Leovac--

---Shakhov--Cimirot--

--Campos--Biseswar--Pelkas--

--Prijovic--

Normally I'd say Ivic's conservative choices tend to imply Canas getting the start over Biseswar, but lately he's been really pushing our offensive talent - and Biseswar is red hot right now. I think we'll see the 4-2-3-1.

http://www.sport24.gr/football/omades/Paok/h-monh-ekkremothta-sto-plano-toy-telikou-ston-paok.4650631.html

I would go more defensively than against Panathinaikos. We are not chasing the score in this game, and AEK is dangerous offensively as we have seen in the 3:0 defeat last month. We will need to keep an eye on Araujo.

I think a real defensive midfielder should play (Canas/Kace). I think Biseswar has to start and it's OK if not in the centre. I don't think Djalma Campos should start. I would consider Henrique over Pelkas.

------------Glykos-----------------

Matos-Varela-Crespo-Leovac

------------Canas-----------------

------Shakhov----Cimirot--------

---Biseswar---Henrique/Pelkas

-----------Prijovic------------------

It's a tricky choice as to whether to go with another DM (4-3-3) or play Biseswar (4-2-3-1).  In our last game with AEK they really exposed our defense when we had two in the middle.  I guess it comes down to whether Ivic believes last time was just a one off or whether he thinks they can do it again.  Either way (especially in Greece) if you win they call you a master tactician and if you lose they'll say you never learn from your mistakes.  Sometimes, the team just has to play a good game and that's all there is to it.  At least we have depth on the bench.

Thinking about Araujo and how to deal with him... Crespo is the quickest of our centre backs, but then who starts with him. Varela and Maleza both lack pace, Varela has been the starter for most of this season and I think he's a good player but he seems more prone to brain fades and making stupid mistakes than malezas. In saying that malezas played in the 3-0 loss and got himself sent off due to a brain fade. I think Varela will start but I think it's something Ivic might think about when it comes to selecting the team. 

For me Canas must start. As blackhawk said no need to go all out in this game. I also lean towards Cimirot over shakhov even though the latter has been in good form. AEK are a quick and nimble team. Cimirot is better suited to that sort of game. I would start Bisewar as the dekari

Who starts on the wings is interesting. Henrique is no doubt the most talented but lacks defensive discipline. Djalma has been awful lately but works hard defensively. You also have Warda and pelkas. I would personally start Henrique on one wing but I would spend this whole week smashing it into him how important it is to track defensively... Who knows if he will though. As to who starts on the other wing I think you toss a coin between Warda and Pelka, although I'm leaning towards Pelkas for some reason

Edited by paokarag4

I understand the argument for starting others over Campos, but Campos has been better these last few games - and as you say above, he is much, much, much better at defending than Henrique. Also is very calm.

Shakhov is going to get the start - Ivic has believed in him all season, and now that he's finally playing so well (which is undeniable), he's definitely not going to sit this one out. Cimirot might be benched, but I really don't think Ivic is going to mess with the Panathinaikos formula that much.

Malezas vs Varela is a wash in my eyes...Varela is a little stronger, Malezas a little smarter. Both are having good seasons and are interchangeable. Crespo's definitely going to be the one who marks Araujo.

I think that any combination of Shakhov/Cimirot/Biseswar/Canas is good enough, to be honest. And if things go well, we might see him toss in Kace to make sure our midfield has the legs to close out the game.

10 hours ago, Bananas said:

Will the game be streamed on laola ?

Yes. Laola will stream the game live.

As for TV coverage Comsote Sport will show it in Greece live. ERT1 and ERT HD will show the game on tape right after it ends (around 22:30 EEST)

In US and Canada it will be televised live on Antenna Satellite in Austr(al)ia on Antenna Pacific.

O ΠΑΟΚ έχει χάσει το Κύπελλο το 1938, 1950, 1954, 1969, 1970, 1972, 1976, 1977, 1980, 1982, 1984, 1991 και για τελευταία φορά το 2014. Εκτος το 1969-70 και το 1984-85, όλα τα υπολοιπα έγιναν σε αθηναϊκά γήπεδα με αθηναϊκές ομάδες. Οκτώ φορες απο αυτές, ο αντίπαλος μας έπαιξε στην έδρα του.

Αντιθέτως, μονο μία φορά έγινε τελικός στην Τούμπα (με τον Άρη το 2003).

Edited by Barcelona4