Phantis Forums

2016-2017 Europa League Games Topic

Tzatziki

bestikas is better than olympiakos in every way - but not by a lot - by a little.

good point on croatia. they punch above their weight.

serbia is the opposite. they have so much talent and should be a top 20 side but constantly underachieve, likely because of a bad psychology.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with everyone about Retsos( I even said he s a good duo with Botia - we haven't seen a good CB duo since 2011-12 maybe?).

Honestly I think both Manthatis and Elyounoussi looked poor on the match however. Might be the fact that Besiktas closed the wings well, because Manthatis sure is young , he could be off by a better oppponent easily, but Elyounoussi I am not used to him not appearing at all at a big match.

Ansarifard is a huge player. Even some movements he did off the ball, that our midfielders couldn't cope with, prove it. Not to mention his on point-assist.

This score leaves qualification open, but honestly, we have no chance.

I now understand why Tzavellas is making a huge impact in Turkey. Their defenders are T E R R I B L E.

Besiktas is nothing. It's only their mentality that's gonna crush us next week.

What I'd like to see in the second leg ;

Leali ( unfortunately Kapino is still injured )

Figeuiras 

Botia

Da Costa

Retsos 

Martins 

Cambiasso

Fortounis 

Manthatis / Marin ( I think he will be a liability if he starts, not ready to play a full game yet )

Androutsos 

Ansarifard

Currently we seem to be in our best shape this year. Both mentally and technically. Coach has done a great job with the rotation and has managed to utilize in less than a week, players that had to play a game for about 3 months. 

Also Besikas drew an arguably bad turkish side at the weekend, at home, equalizing in the last 5 minutes. They will also miss their CB Marcelo, he picked up a slight injury. 

We have nothing to fear, we'll play our game and I think we're pretty capable to go through. Besiktas subcounsiously will let Oly dominate the game as the time passes. With some luck we can upset them. Even if we don't I think we already punched above our weight this season. Playing awufullty for the whole season, despite having opponents like Young Boys, Apoel, Astana, Hapoel Beer Sheva and Osmanlispor so far. In any other season I'd be fully convinced Oly could reach the quarter finals and get past from this almighty turkish side.

A big fcvk you to Paulo Bento who excluded Chori Dominguez from EL squad. The Portuguese was a true cancer, a chemistry killer. Just look how unmotivated the players were, with him on the bench.

Edited by Boxou
  • Like it 1