Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2017

BostonThanatos

According to Italian media, Giusepe Bellusci is heading our way.  27 year old CB from Leeds.  TransferMArket has him worth a $2M transfer with highest worth at around $3M.   Reading this article doesn't give me much confidance in the guy, but he wouldn't be the first to come to Greece and resurrect his career:

For one thing, as a defender he has never been a hugely stable presence. When you look at Pontus Jansson and Kyle Bartley in the centre of defence last season, there’s a level of solidity and consistency there that you never got with Bellusci. They were eight or nine out of 10 most weeks. Whether you call it rash or whatever, there was a side to Bellusci’s game which had a tendency to blow up and that in itself is one reason why Leeds can take the decision to move him on without much concern about the consequences. That, really, is the crux of all this. If Bellusci was a top centre-back or a player Leeds desperately needed, they’d have found a way to resolve this. In truth, if he was a top defender then his relationship with the crowd wouldn’t have broken down so badly in the first place. In many ways, the fact that last weekend’s spat happened at Guiseley said it all. Pre-season is supposed to be a calm, gentle and optimistic time. It’s one of the few periods of the season when people have very little to fight about. Bellusci’s only 27 and no doubt he has plenty of football left in front of him but not at Leeds. Saturday was the end of the line.Read more at: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/david-prutton-guiseley-proved-the-end-of-line-for-giuseppe-bellusci-at-leeds-united-1-8648300

If he can't handle the abuse at Leeds, he'll be absolutely crushed in Toumba. But a change of pace could be just what he needs.

Crespo, from what I recall, had even worse reviews from his time in England - if Beluschi ends up 75% as good as he does, then he'll be a solid backup. If we do end up getting the Peruvian guy, we're looking at a lineup of experienced CBs that is five men deep, plus Poungouras and Dimitriou (assuming they're not loaned out).

In my opinion Klaus is done with PAOK. He still has one year left with his contract. There is just no way Aston Villa even entertained such an idea. If Klaus had any intentions of furthering his soccer career he should have asked for a transfer. Right now he just sitting on his contract and collecting a paycheck.

As for the Mak rumor, it was some fake news Russian site that floated it, and immediately the Alafousos propaganda machine jumped on it like flies on s%$#!. And few hours later every other copy/paste Greek athletic web site copied it. 

12 hours ago, BostonThanatos said:

Aston Villa offers 2.5M for Klaus, allegedly....his contract must be coming up for negotiation...

There was also some rumors that Mak will be loaned out to Lokomotiv instead of us, but it's mostly been debunked.

Next time I read these forums I'll make sure not to he chewing food.  I read this and the food I was chewing ended up on my monitor.

Michel said in a recent interview that we're still in the market for two more players. It's an open secret that one of them is a midfielder, I'm guessing the other is going to end up being a CF (with Klaus or Koulouris getting the boot)...assuming Malezas stays.

Jonas Martin is one name that has come up - plays for Real Betis currently. https://www.transfermarkt.com/jonas-martin/profil/spieler/127142

N'Doye, incidentally, signed with a team a few weeks ago. Reportedly our interest in him was dropped once Stanojevic was hired and expressed his desire to switch formations. I'd expect any future transfers to be in line with what Stanojevic wants to eventually turn us into.

Looks like Warda is on his way out. Despite the fact that he received a second chance and even traveled to Kiev for the European game, it is reported that the technical team has decided to either sell him or loan him out.

3 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Panionios wants Kace and we are willing to loan him to them.

May be the reason why he was cut.

Would make sense.  He'll be behind Canas, Cimirot, Shakhov and presumably whatever midfielder we buy soon.  It's a bit of a shame as he's a decent squad player but maybe just not good enough to be the "difference" maker.

Warda on his way to Saudi Arabia (finally). Guy still talking s%$#! about Stanojevic.

Jairo likely to be owned. He's not good enough for this team, really. Especially once Mistakidis is available (who I'd say is better both on the wings and centrally than he is).

Interesting that we haven't heard anything about a CF yet. I was under the impression that Stanojevic would prefer Mak as a second striker and not a loan CF, but if he considers him a one-for-one replacement/backup for Prijovic, I guess that could explain the lack of news in this position.

I doubt we will go for a CF. I think Mak will be Prijovic's offensive partner if Stanojevic ever decides to go back to the 4-4-2 formation. Klaus will warm up the bench until his contract expires. Jairo and Koulouris will be loaned/released. I think we will get two additional players. One high quality CB and a midfielder that transition the game from defense to offense. Right now with all the defensive minded midfielders on our roster there is quite a void there. We can't really rely on Biseswar and Pelkas to come to come back to retrieve balls and start organizing offense. 

Midfielder Sékou Junior Sanogo, a player from Ivory Coast playing at Young Boys in Switzerland as at our radar. He is 28 and Michel saw him playing against Dinamo Kiev the night before our game in Kiev against Olimpik.