Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2017

BostonThanatos

According to rumors we already accepted that offer and sold Cimirot to Bremen for 5 mil. I believe that Sarajevo also hold 15% of resale value, so we will not be getting the full 5 mil.

Can't understand why we'd sell Cimirot for 5 if his buy out clause is 6.  Regardless, we'd still make about 3 million on him even after subtracting the 15% owed to his former club.  We'll need that because he won't be that easy to replace.

Georgi Milanov of CSKA Moscow, a 25-year old midfielder can be added to the list of players we are (so called?) interested in. He is originally from Litex Lovech and was one year loaned to Swiss side Grasshopper. He has 37 caps for Bulgaria.

Vieirinha, ha ha.  Well, at least next season it's a remote possibility.  But why would we pay for him when with that money we can get someone else.  Even if he came for free he would want wages of close to a million I would imagine.  All this for a 31 year old whose body has been battered the last couple of seasons.  We all love the kid and I'd be happy to have him back in the squad at average wages on the proviso that he doesn't expect to start every game.  He'd be a super option for rotation or impact player but there is no way he would accept that.

Pereyra coming back to Greece soon, to discuss his future. I wish we'd just make a decision on this guy. Unfortunately no coach seems to like him, even though he's clearly one of our most talented players.

Also saw a mention of this guy as a potential transfer: https://www.transfermarkt.com/andras-marton/profil/spieler/426569

Doesn't look that impressive to me, and is probably an unlikely event anyway. In my opinion, what we need is a starter-level, experienced guy.

Of course, I doubt Michel will be making any moves until the new coach is decided.

35 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Any talk of transfers right should be frozen until we have a coach in place.

Why? Those rumors are just something to talk about. Michel isn't going to pop onto this forum and go "oh yeah, good point, I'll get him and stop looking for a coach."

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the arrival of Stanojevic may change the team's outlook on Pereyra and Jairo's futures. He apparently favors 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 formations, with the 4-4-2 being tailor made for a player like Pereyra (or Mistakidis, really). Could we see yet another season where he is intermittently used and than loaned out?

I believe he also scored yesterday. Personally, I think we might end up keeping him, but I'm sure Jairo is on his way out (though I wouldn't be against it just being another loan with a stronger team).

Sites expecting Dorian Leveque (LB from Guingamp) to be announced any time now, and should be there for the first training session (now on the 22nd).

Also reports that other teams (particularly in Cyprus) are interested in a loan for Mattheou.

I think we discussed him a page or two back, I don't remember him at all but he did play against us a few years ago in the EL. He'd be trying to fill some pretty big boots if Leovac were to be sold, but sounds like he might be a solid #2 option. Giannoulis is also slated to be loaned out, so this might (hopefully) mean that we aren't selling Leovac.

-edit- Looks like Leveque is in Thessaloniki and has chosen to wear the #6, which seems like a poor choice for a left back...

Edited by pash

Leveque signed for 3 years. Approximate salary (according to radio speculation) is 500K. He hardly played last season due to serious injury. I see him as a backup (or split duties) for Leovac.

I think the next big move will be a goalie. Czech press has mentioned Lastuvka as a possible target.

Reports that someone tried to buy Henrique for 1mm EUR...kind of insulting if true, considering we paid 1.7mm just six months ago.

Still no real news on Cimirot as well. PAOK reportedly is willing to part with both players for 3mm, though for Cimirot we'd insist on a resale fee.