Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2017

BostonThanatos

2 minutes ago, paokarag4 said:

Well we never thought that signing of Vierihnia could actually be cover for right back and we can finally unleash Matos in his natural position, as a centre forward ;)

God damn Matos has a good header on him.  Honestly, he'd scored a lot more goals than most in the PAOK squad.

If Koulouris can do what Klaus couldn't last season (be fed), then we'll be fine with him as the #2. New season, upgraded team, let's see how this goes.

Now to get the confirmation of our new CB and I'll be able to rest easy.

A little less than I feared, but still way more than we should pay.

Also reading now that Henrique has agreed to the loan, but PAOK has refused a buy out clause. Good move on our part, if true.

Also Qarabag will pay his full salary (700K) and apparently also 500K for the loan.

I agree pash that it is good that there is no buyout clause with Qarabag. If they really want him after this season the buyout clause is 5 mil.

1 minute ago, Blackhawk said:

I think he was faking the injury in order put pressure on Wolfsburg to release him. Hopefully the past couple weeks he was in Thessaloniki were not spent in gyradika.

Never fear, he's been in our bougatzidiko

Edited by Nea Bafra

18 minutes ago, BostonThanatos said:

Is Lucesco a 4-4-2 guy?  Do we now have the talent in the backfield to pull off a 3-5-2 if Sabrano is on board?

He's used the 4-4-2 a few times at the end of games. Remember that Mistakidis also can play as second striker (personally I think he's even better there). Lucescu will definitely have some options if he wants to go with two up front.

Not as sure about the 3-5-2 - I mean, last year's team did fine with it a few times, but rarely against strong opposition. Tudor made a 3-4-2-1 "work" as well, which is really not so different a formation.

Lucescu is also a fan of the 4-2-3-1, so I think we'll see a lot of this in the next month or so. Hopefully it's not *too* defensive.

--Rey--

--Matos--Varela--Samprano--Leveque--

--Canas--Mauricio--

--Campos--El Khaddouri--Mak--

--Prijovic--

I am still stunned that Vierinha actually happened ... after years of rumors, the dude followed through with his promise and returned. @pash you will have to rethink your lineup ... 

--Rey--

--Matos--Varela--Zambrano--Leveque--

--Cimirot--Mauricio--

--Vierinha--El Khaddouri--Mak--

--Prijovic--

This is what I see happening ... Canas probably in for Cimi when healthy.