Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2017

BostonThanatos

I still think that we will make a move with a free player. Most likely a backup for Prijovic.

Zambrano comes to us on 1-year loan, and it appears that we will pay for half his salary as part of the deal with Rubin Kazan. That's around 1.2 mil that PAOK will pay. Remains to be see if there is a buyout clause.

eskase_i_vomva_sta_aspromayra_o_zamprano

To recap the summer transfer period:

Limnios  (3-years, 130K)
Leveque  (3-years, 350K)
Rey   (3+1 years, 400K)
Paschalakis   (1-year, 140K)
Vierinha  (3-years, 1.3mil)
El Kaddouri  (4-years, 800K
Zambrano  (1-year loan, 1.2mil)
Mauricio  (3-years, 1.5mil)
Mak  (1-year loan, 650K)

Not a bad transfer period if you ask me.

Players that left:  Pereyra, Antonis, Korovesis, Athanasiadis
Players loaned out:  Warda, Melissas, Lambrou, Kitsiou, Charisis, Jairo, Giannoulis, Chatziisaias, Henrique

9 minutes ago, Athens4 said:

Just read that Enrique's loan includes a buyout option of €5m. That's a shame.

If we get 5mm for him, I call that a win. There is no shortage of players that are stylistically like him (even though I really like the guy and wouldn't complain at all if we get him back next summer).

Blackhawk, don't forget Warda ;)

1 hour ago, Athens4 said:

Just read that Enrique's loan includes a buyout option of €5m. That's a shame.

Our you kidding? You live in a parallel universe of what? If they pay 5 million for Henrique then this will be our transfer record fee. And for a player who played just half a season with us? I hope that they are going to do that. If we are able to sell players more than we bought them, that means we are on the right path at last!

I get that it's a lot of money, however I have a gut feeling that he is going to play well in the Champions League. If this happens then he might be worth even more.

I am also thinking ahead for next year. Mak will probably go back to Russia, which means that if Henrique is sold then we will have to find another quality winger.

Loaning Henrique was a vlakia.  It's not like the club couldn't afford his wages given the wages for the new players just signed.  Along with Mak and Campos, he is the only other proper winger we have.  Vieirinha can probably play it, but can he still do what he used to be able to ?  Did people not see the goal Henrique scored in the EL qualifier ?  It was explosive.  Or the assist he gave Prijovic against Olympiakos last season ?  He is criticized for not defending but that's not him.  If you're going to play him you have to left him just be an attacker.  He has the x factor where out of nowhere he can make something happen.  Would've been nice to have him as an option off the bench.

If he wouldn't like to go, he would stay. An offer came from a team who is playing in Champions League and we are not even in the Europa League. I think it's good for every party that he left. And if we consider that he wasn't a starter anyway, his playing time will be significantly reduced now that Vieirinha came. So, why to stay? I also would love to see some of our midfielders go away. I can see most of them being mad that they are not getting enough time. Again, Canas, Cimirot, Kace, Shakhov, Mauricio, El Khaddouri, Biseswar, Pelkas fighting for three positions. Eight players are toooo many.

A few free agents we might be looking at as back-up strikers...

Cheick Diabeté (last played at Metz on loan)

Welliton (quite sure he's contract just finished with Turkish Club - Kayserispor)

Could be all false but I've just read somewhere.

I personally think it's not true, but if any club is capable of making stupid decisions, it's ours.  I remember Ivic saying last season that he considered Biseswar in the top 3 players in the GSL, and rightfully so.  If in some alternate universe we do sell him, I'll be stunned.

I think we if we get a good offer from Turkey, I think PAOK will sell Biseswar. By all accounts Biseswar will be a bench player if he stays. However I doubt if it is going to be on a free transfer just to shed his salary.

Personally I don't want Biseswar to go. I would prefer to sell Pelkas before we sell Biseswar.

With Warda to cover, I wouldn't worry. But an untested (for us) El Khaddouri and Pelkas? Even for some like me, who likes Pelkas more than seemingly everyone else on this forum, that's still pretty rough.

Even if Warda hadn't been loaned out, he's not on the same level as Biseswar. Would be a hugely stupid decision to let him go. Lord forbid we have some depth with El Kaddouri and Biseswar. Pelkas is what he is, can be okay, can show glimpses of brilliance but ultimately lacks consistency. 
Hang on to Diego

Edited by paokarag4