Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2017

BostonThanatos

I do, I like his technique over Crespo's speed. I believe Samprano is also reportedly a pretty fast guy.

teke, I agree, I like Cimirot more than Canas (and I don't think two should have two pure DMs on the field at once, at least not for most games). My lineup is more a worry than it is a hope.

His name keeps showing up as Zambrano everywhere I look ... is Samprano actually correct based upon the Peruvian spelling/pronounciation? 

I've been trying to find some references to Zambrano in the Russian media ... I guess he likes to carry the ball upfield and start transition into offense. At Eintracht he was called the Lion and considered the leader of their defense. 

Bottom line, if paired with Crespo, that's two backs who are comfortable with the ball and decent passers. That's a nice change of pace for us. 

I like him and Varela as a pair and Malezas-Crespo as the backup pairing. That way both sets have a physical guy and a guy who can handle the high press. 

Great news.

I'm reading that Cimirot is very likely to be loaned soon as well. Still a few more hours...

-edit- Poungouras to Rostov? Now that's a solid move for him.

Edited by pash

Some financial details emerging from our latest moves:

Mauricio - 3 year deal, 1.5 mil per season

Vierinha - 3-year deal, 1.3 mil per season, we also paid little over 1 mil to Wolfsburg for his release

Apparently the reason why we have not announced Zambrano yet is because Rubin Kazan was late in reporting the deal to FIFA even though everything was already agreed between the two teams and the player on time. FIFA now has to approve the deal.  

Personally I am over the europa league loss, yeap im cheap lol the signings we made this year we have never made in our history. 

At the end of last season if you said we would sign the players we have no one would of believed it, we would of started kavouria, logia etc etc. 

So now its all on lucescou all the players are now at his disposal for victories so lets see if the next few games we can start the turn around. 

Assuming we sign Zambrano, we essentially have a new spine.

Rey as GK looks like for the first time in over 10 years we've signed a quality keeper.

Zambrano as CB should give us some steel in the back line.  You have to wonder how good Rubin Kazan's CB's are if they don't even want Zambrano as a backup.

Mauricio as CDM and El Khaddouri as the the CM.. Is that correct ?  Or was EK bought to be a number 10 sometimes ?  Lots of permutations in the middle with Canas, Cimirot, Shakhov, Kace, Biseswar.

If Zambrano, Mauricio and El Khaddouri are as good as the hype, the squad is looking good.  In theory they are one level up on the best we have now.

I think one thing we haven't considered (hopefully Lucescu does) is that Matos played often as a LB in Ukraine.  So if the piss poor form of Leovac continues, I'd be inclined to play Vieirinha as RB and Matos as LB.  Again, lots of permutations with Vieirinha.  This isn't the Bundesliga and there is every chance he could be played further up the pitch, possibly even centrally sometimes.

I still wish we hung onto Henrique.  If you're the opposition and you have to worry about marking Prijovic, Mak, Vierinha, Matos, Biseswar, El Khaddouri and then you see Henrique warming up on the bench, you'd be thinking ... give me a break.

Edited by Bananas

I didn't know Matos played LB.... that definitely opens up possibilities, but I don't think Henrique would have been loaned out if we didn't intend on using Vierinha as a winger.  It looks like all the "Big 4" teams made some decent moves this year.  Araujo and Kone for AEK is a pretty big deal I think (Although I haven't really seen Kone play as of late).  PAO had a couple deals fall through but still picked up some decent players.... This year should be interesting.

Yeah, I was actually wondering why he didn't play as a LB at all last season - surely he would have been better there than Kitsiou, who could have taken his natural position on the right (and performed better)?

Poungouras is looking likely to stay, though if (good) word from FIFA regarding Zambrano is received, the club reportedly will try to find a team for him in a country that has a later transfer deadline. Russia's ends tonight, I believe.

This was a pretty explosive end to our transfer window, we went from having one "bam" (in Mak) to hitting literally all of our targets. Very impressive. Also shows that while Savvidis might be angry, he has OK'd all of these moves and clearly is not willing to waste the momentum from last season. Amazingly, we seem to have addressed the majority of our issues, save for a good backup for CF (perhaps Koulouris will prove me wrong on that). Fingers crossed that the Savvidis family gives Michel the vote of confidence and holds on to him another year.

We have a ton of young players out there on loan, hopefully to get steady game time. Henrique's loan ends up with a 5mm buyout clause, which would be a phenomenal return on the player, even considering Rennes owns, what, 20% of his rights? And if we don't sell him...we get this player back. Good business on our part.

Vieirinha and Mauricio will likely take 3 or 4 weeks to get fit, as neither of them have trained in some time. Zambrano has been training with Rubin Kazan, so he should be available much faster. Same with El Khaddouri, who has been with the team for a week now.