Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2017

BostonThanatos

Regarding Vieirinha, malista, sothikame tora.  Come play for the "fanela" my man.  I know you love the club so much, that's why you've waited so long to come to the club.  You could've come earlier in the season but that would make sense.  I can't believe we're even entertaining this.

As for Henrique, after this episode do we expect him to play for the "fanela" ?  The whole point of buying him and Warda was to increase depth in the wing positions.  He's still a good option off the bench and for rotation.  He's also a good impact player.  Sell him, fine, if we need the money as now we have Mak, but to sell him for Vieringa, good lord.

FFP hasn't seemed to stop any team from doing anything. Savvidis has injected funds into the club several times already, after all. However, profligate spending is not something I'm backing.

InPAOK, btw, seems to think the Vieirinha deal will happen regardless of if Henrique goes. I guess nobody has a clue, when all is said and done.

You don't become a rich man throwing money at a problem. In the end I think Savvidis has a limit on how much he is willing to spend. He is a businessman and not a philanthropist.

Earlier this year he injected around 7 mil Euro in order to cover the losses for the 2015-2016 accounting period and to get the ball rolling on transfers.

Looking ahead so far he only sees expenses and big cut in revenue, including European competition revenue (around 6 mil), seven games without fan attendance as well as big fines as result of fan trouble (the cup came at a big price). Also television revenue is most likely lower than last season. Finally we only saw one player sale (Rodrigues), but spend big sums to sign players such as Limnios, Warda, Prijovic, Rey, Kaddouri, etc.   

I am not sure if I can believe the rumors of a 25 to 27 mil opening so far for the 2016-2017 fiscal year, but I am pretty sure it is much more than the opening for the 2015-2016 fiscal year.

I think the only way for Savvidis to change his mentality around PAOK is to lose even more money so at some point he will have to wake up and change his approach.

By the way, I like Henrique, but if we can sell him for 3 million it would be nice. I think we got him for 1,2 million, so if we sell him for 2,4 million (20% of the 3 million will go to Rennais) less than a year later, then that is a good move for the team.

I only hope that those two players who came in the midfield will make a difference. And probably this means that we will see another good sale. Maybe Cimirot?

As all of you are saying, the central defender is our biggest issue and we have to find a Contreras over there.

For sure, I thought he had a lot of potential...and already had more experience than Poungouras.

While I still think a league-best CB is what we need, if we don't have the cash then we don't have the cash. Unless the Russians and their money come sniffing for Malezas, this search might be over again (and I can't really blame our admin for stopping). Again, I don't want a second-rate guy when Poungouras needs real playing time.

Warda is completed his signing for Atromitos today; he chose the #10. Does anyone recall what we were paying him?

Seems Deligiannidis may also be loaned out. If we do sell Leovac, I think this would be a poor move.

Michael still waiting on Savvidis to decide if his resignation would be accepted. George, if you're reading this, put a good word in with your dad about this guy.

getting rid of Deligiannidis would be a mistake, we then become extremely thin at full back with Leovac and an injury prone Levque on the left and Matos and an what appears to be an out of favour Konstantindis on the right. Loaning Kitsiou was a mistake, it was done by the old regime though who knows what they were thinking, maybe they wanted to bring in someone else as cover. This just another issue with sacking a coach during pre-season he's already started altering the squad to what his style/system needs. 

Cimirot once again came out saying that PAOK has several offers for him and that he might not be with the team at the end of the transfer period. It's apparent that he and his agent want out. It was so evident in his performance so far this season. Solid player, but we are now all set in midfield. 

If a decent offer comes in, then offload him. That was the point of getting the player in the first place, after all. My suspicion is that Leovac wants out, thus his poor performances. Deligiannidis is cheap and clearly Ivic/Stanojevic wanted him to be a Matos-style player - well, now's our chance to see that.

5 hours ago, pash said:

For sure, I thought he had a lot of potential...and already had more experience than Poungouras.

I consider Poggouras to be a much better player than Chatziisaias. Chatziisaias has not impressed me much in PAOK's jersey. I only remember one good game against Olympiakos when we first got him. But then again I don't think he got that many chances to prove himself. Let's see how he does at Atromitos.

They have speculated quite a bit. Ranging from "it's a done deal" to "if we sell Henrique" or "if Wolfsburg releases him". They basically have no clue what's going on. That's why they throw out things and in the end one of the things they speculated about will stick and they will come out bragging "we reported it first".

22 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

You don't become a rich man throwing money at a problem. In the end I think Savvidis has a limit on how much he is willing to spend. He is a businessman and not a philanthropist.

Earlier this year he injected around 7 mil Euro in order to cover the losses for the 2015-2016 accounting period and to get the ball rolling on transfers.

Looking ahead so far he only sees expenses and big cut in revenue, including European competition revenue (around 6 mil), seven games without fan attendance as well as big fines as result of fan trouble (the cup came at a big price). Also television revenue is most likely lower than last season. Finally we only saw one player sale (Rodrigues), but spend big sums to sign players such as Limnios, Warda, Prijovic, Rey, Kaddouri, etc.   

I am not sure if I can believe the rumors of a 25 to 27 mil opening so far for the 2016-2017 fiscal year, but I am pretty sure it is much more than the opening for the 2015-2016 fiscal year.

You would like to think there is some sort of medium to long term plan to increase the revenue of the club outside of Savvidis putting in money each season.  That is unsustainable.  If he needs to put in say 10 million each season, how long can that go on for ?  The whole idea is that he puts money in to make the team sustainable on it's own and then it can take care of itself.  If Savvidis plan was to get CL money then that is a silly gamble.  Even if we somehow got it one year, you can't rely on it.

The loss of EL monies and half the season with no fans will hurt this year and Savvidis no doubt will have to pour money in to cover it.  But moving forward the wages and structure in the club should be based around revenue that can be relied upon.  Transfers are another matter as in theory you can try and sell to buy, but the wages themselves (which have increased massively in the last 2 seasons) need to be sustainable.

Take it as you will, but inPAOK is reporting that the team is very keen on loaning Henrique out this season, but is adamant that they do not want a buy clause put into the agreement. Presumably so that we can get our s%$#! together and qualify for the CL/EL next season. I like that idea, personally.

My first choice would be to keep him as well. But if the player is unhappy about the lack of EL games, and the wages are an issue, then sending him away for a year and then having him going forward is preferable to me to just getting rid of him.

The loaning of Henrique makes sense, and will only happen if Vierinha joins the team. I think his loan has more to do with Mak. Let's not forget that Mak is on loan and it's quite possible we will not pay the 4 mil clause to buy him at the end of the season. If Mak is not with us next season, than Herique just comes back from his loan. The other benefit might be that if he will shine at Quarabag during their CL games his price will go up and we might be able to sell him for a lot more.