Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2017

BostonThanatos

9 hours ago, BostonThanatos said:

I had more pride in PAOK with $15 Million in debt, a crappy website, a 2nd rate boutique, and bad dressing rooms.  The team and players had passion.  If you believe PAOK was anything more than a stepping stone and doorway for other MUCH larger investments, and nothing else, you're fooling yourself.  If some rich guy remodelled you bathroom and kitchen and paid your mortgage for a year, but then bangs your wife and laughs at you with his friends, will you be grateful?

Man we lost in europe banbing your wife and bathrooms hahahah wtf leave those jokes to raptopoulos

Όλοι λέμε τα ίδια και τα ίδια εδώ και 5 χρόνια... Ο ΠΑΟΚ δεν κουμαντάρεται ούτε με skype, ούτε με τηλέφωνα. Ο Σαββίδης από τη στιγμή που είναι τόσο έξυπνος και εκατομμυριούχος και μέσα στα κόλπα θα έπρεπε να το έχει καταλάβει από την πρώτη στιγμή. Άρα ξαναγυρνάμε στα παλιά. Είτε το κάνει επίτηδες, είτε είναι πανηλίθιος. Το δεύτερο δεν μπορώ να το πιστέψω. Την γιαγιά μου να βάλεις πρόεδρο στον ΠΑΟΚ για 5 χρόνια, τόσες μαλακίες που έκανε ο Σαββίδης δεν θα κάνει.

9 hours ago, PAOKSYD said:

For 5 consecutive years our squad has improved in quality. 

What do you have to say about that Yiankos? 

5 years ago our squad was:

Goal keepers: Glykos/Indeje

Defenders: Lino (Matos pretty even), Schildenfeld (Better than Crespo/Varella), Katsikas (on par with Crespo/Varella), Stafylidis(WAY better than LEovac), Konstandinidis

Midfielders: Garcia (Better than Sakhov), Vukic, Kace, Fotakis, Katsouranis

Wingers/Forward: Georgiadis, Salpi, Klaus (18-23 goals a year Klaus, not the recent Klaus, lets see what Prijo does this full season)

Have we REALLY improved? Besides MAYBE the wingers?  ...and even that, we had just gotten rid of Vierinha who was way better then than any winger we have now.

Don't mistake Payroll for Quality.

Edited by BostonThanatos

never seen him play, he only had one season at Zenit so not sure what to make of that, hopefully he and El Kaddouri can give us a much needed lift. Wouldn't mind a centre back before the window closes, doesn't have to be starting quality, just a solid back up. 

Personally, I only want a CB if he's a big improvement over what we have. If we're getting a rotation player, then I want to see Poungouras get time. The kid has potential, which will never be realized if he's constantly superseded by average-quality players.

Agree about the CB i.e. we should only get one if he's clearly better than Crespo/Varela.

As for Mauricio, what sort of a player is he ?  I'm not even sure how he'll be used in the team.

El Khaddouri sounds like he'll be a number 8, so I imagine he will be rotated with Shakhov who seems to be out of sorts so far this season.

We still need a solid number 6 to rotate with Canas.  Someone who can really sweep in the middle and do the dirty work.  Only Canas, when he's in form, does it properly.  Cimirot is hit and miss in the role, so some backup there would be good.  I'd give my left nut (figuratively speaking) for a Garcia type player who can just stamp his presence on a game.

Edited by Bananas

The only thing I really know about Mauricio is that he's a #6 (damn you Leveque for taking that number), so he'd give that extra competition for Canas that you mention.

Also unsure about El Khaddouri - he's sold as a #10 but also as a standard midfielder. I guess we'll see soon - he'll likely get minutes during the next match day. In fact, I'd be surprised if he didn't play in our friendly vs Volos.

25 minutes ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Qarabag want Pedro Henrique on loan for now and to buy him in the next summer for 3 million.

That might be the move needed if they are really thinking of signing Vierinha. I think someone mentioned we would prefer 2.5 mil outright sale instead of a loan.

I think I'd rather have Henrique over Vieirinha...I predict he'll be injured as often as Leveque.

But still, if we were to get 3mm out of Henrique, might be worth it. I don't see that player's value jumping much more than that (especially with no EL games to show him off). Only question is, would the player accept the move? I don't know if I would in his place.

The prospect of playing in a group stage of CL might be a good incentive. BTW we only owe 80% of Henrique. The 20% goes to Rennais.

The only reason to part with Henrique is to be able to afford Vierinha. That's why PAOK is pushing to sell him to Qarabag instead of loaning him. Apparently we are in deep hole financially for this current season so far.

Is this Kolkas' reporting? At the end of the day, we're only in a hole if Savvidis decides we are.

Come to think of it, we could do worse than to get rid of a few people. A good offer for Leovac and Cimirot will both open up room for homegrown players and cover some of the post EL revenue.

The financial hole is due to Financial Fair Play requirements.  Savvidis can't just pour money in.  It somehow needs to be "legitimate".  I believe if he pours money in it either needs to show on the books as a loan or he needs to increase his share allocation.  At least, that's my understanding of it.