Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2017

BostonThanatos

His highlights reels haven't been particularly exciting but it seems he is relatively versatile. Transfermarkt lists him as an attacking midfielder but the Greek sites say he plays as a CM/RM. We really need another (at least) Biseswar-level creative player, so hopefully this works out.

Another name thrown in, because why not? Oscar Hiljemark, from Genoa. He's a 25 year old Swedish CM, intermittently called up to their NT. I'm a little confused by this one, as it looks like Genoa only bought him this year (though he played on loan there for the second half of last season). Seems he's not in their new coach's plans

https://www.transfermarkt.com/oscar-hiljemark/profil/spieler/158810

Torres, btw, is "talking over his options" with his coach. I think Torres is the more important potential buy (though I'm skeptical about it actually happening), as we don't have a true DM to compete with/replace/be backup for Canas. For Hiljemark's position, we already have Shakhov, Cimirot, and Kace (though if either of those last two leave, we'll need the reinforcement).

I think Sakhov and Cimirot need to go ASAP.  I don't give a s%$#! what anyone says, those 2 are worthless.  The 1 in every 3 matches that Cimirot has a good match, and that's usually just because he runs around like an animal helping out the defense.  I remember watching the Garcia-Vitolo combo, THAT is how you do it.  Not like these 2 clowns who can;t string together 2 passes, or even control the ball with one touch....Prijovic had a very Klaus-like appearance today.  Basically invisible.  

Boston when there is no plan on the field all the players can look like crap and if there is a solid plan even average players can play magnificently. I don't think they are as bad as you are saying at least individually. Especially Cimirot he is a fine midfielder. The problem is that there is no plan on how we keep the ball and how we move the ball forward. Worse thing is our stamina which makes things even harder. Only Biseswar helps the team improve because is the only one who will keep the ball and make the rest to run on the space. Otherwise, there is no motion, the players are stuck and we cannot create anything. One has the ball and the rest are 30 meters away just wondering around. Running with no meaning.

This is basically the same team that beat PAO 4-0 and played very well against Olympiakos both home and away.  Say what you will but how they can drop their performance so much is a messed up.  The club, knowing that they had play-offs should have the team fit and raring to go.  Instead, we took our opposition lightly.  A team who eliminated Galatasaray, has an artificial pitch (a huge advantage for them) and is fully fit being 20 rounds into their season.  We just assumed we would qualify, because we always do.  Yep, no worries.

The worst aspect of all this is that we got thoroughly out played.  It's one thing to dominate a game, create 20 chances and then the opposition score a lucky goal.  It's another to be playing like gatakia against amateurs.

Lucescu has a lot of work to do ...

We can  keep writing paragraphs of crap but the truth is Savvidi is to blame. 

Whether it's to do with money spent on players or the people appointed into positions, it is he who puts them there and signs the cheques. 

Last year we waited half a season for a striker. 

This year we're still waiting for a central defender and only just signed a midfielder today. 

This year we signed a manager only to sack him just before the season. 

People have to be accountable for their decisions. 

Its Saviddis club. Its on his head. 

He is responsible for everything. So, give him credit and blame him at the same time. His leadership doesn't work and he are saying it almost since he came. He didn't change his approach and I don't know if he will ever do it. The only thing I know it's that we had enough s%$#! for 5 years. There is no way this circus will continue for 5 more years. Somewhere down the road horrible things will happen. And I am talking about αποχές, καταλήψεις, ξύλο και φασαρίες.

For me the worst thing is that he always hides. He is on a plane half of his life and he sends messages through his employees who either have no idea how we feel or they are just puppets/p u s s i e s.

The only way I would believe something will change is if he calls for a press conference and openly admit all the bs he did and give us his new plan on how he will turn things around. He has to admit all his mistakes and all the bs he told since he came. I am talking about trophies, champions league, etc. But instead of that, he will probably suck Michel and find another one to replace him and have his puppets writing about how many millions he gave and that we would be Aris if it wasn't for him. You know what? Maybe that's the problem. Savvidis thinks we would be Aris without him and he convinced us that we would have been Aris and without even noticing we have become Aris. And don't give me the Cup speech. Because who feels proud of just one Cup. Goumenos got two Cups, but what we remember? Αποχές, συνθήματα, ξύλο, μίρλα, γκρίνια, μιζέρια. On the other hand we were proud of the Zagorakis/Santos era even though we didn't win a stupid Cup. Because back then we felt that something good was happening. Five years of Savvidis era we didn't feel the same way not a single day, did we?

its simple savvidi stays, but he let's the people who he employs to make football decisions make those decisions. Without interference from him, or his boneheaded son who seems pre-occupied with endearing himself to gate 4 ultras. If the technical director and co have a poor 2 years, fine turn them over but you must trust these people to make the calls on coaches/players

Woah how ungrateful you all are tbh i am in shock. No pride, no culture and some really gutless digs. 

Savvidis saved our team from the fate of aek, iraklis, aris of 3rd division, paid all our debts when all of greece was against him, improved our training facilities, improved our youth with financial investment and brought us some respect financially in Europe whereby we can attrack decent players and some mistakes and you guys all start shooting. 

Im guttered no europe all year just corrept boring GSL yet im not going to turn on savidis. 

Turn on the journalists who stay quiet never report problems then we lose a game and all of a sudden theu knew all along the problems.... whu wants kolka, toskitsis etc blaming these backroom guys prior to euro exit? Why didnt they interview ivic? Now after a loss they knew it all along??? 

We have no excuse now but to win the league and pressure should be on Savvidi to make 2 big name signings now to overcome this embarrasing and seriously damaging europa league exit. Not telling him to leave! 

Edited by PAOKSYD
  • Like it 1

6 hours ago, PAOKSYD said:

We have no excuse now but to win the league and pressure should be on Savvidi to make 2 big name signings now to overcome this embarrasing and seriously damaging europa league exit. Not telling him to leave! 

Πώς θα πιέσεις τον Σαββίδη αγαπητέ μου; Σε γράφει στ @@ του όλα αυτά τα χρόνια. Δεν το έχεις καταλάβει; Εξάλλου εσύ μας λες ότι θα ήμασταν Άρης αν δεν ήταν αυτός. Τώρα μας λες ότι πρέπει να πιεστεί ο Σαββίδης να φέρει 2 μεγάλα ονόματα; Πώς θα πιέσεις τον ευεργέτη σου; Εξάλλου έφτασε 26 Αυγούστου. Η ομάδα ήταν έτοιμη από πέρυσι και ήθελε κάποιες δυνατές μεταγραφές. Αντ' αυτού έφυγε ο προπονητής, οι παίχτες δεν ήρθαν, ήρθε άλλος προπονητής τον οποίο έδιωξε κι αυτόν και τώρα είναι έτοιμος να διώξει και τον τεχνικό διευθυντή. Φταίει ο Άρνεσεν και ο Μίχελ; Ο Ίβιτς, ο Λουτσέσκου και ο Στέφενς; Ή φταίει αυτός που τους φέρνει και τους απολύει όποτε γουστάρει; Αυτός που πηγαίνει για πρωτάθλημα στις σκιές και δεν βγαίνει να μιλήσει ανοιχτά; Πώς θα χτυπήσεις τον Ολυμπιακό ρε μάγκα; Ποιο πρωτάθλημα μου λες; 26 Αυγούστου έφτασε και ακόμα αμυντικό χαφ και κεντρικό αμυντικό δεν πήραμε. Μήπως κάποιος είναι τσιγγούνης και περίμενε τα 3-4 μύρια του Ουέφα για να φέρει αυτούς τους δύο παιχταράδες; Αλλά όχι, είμαστε αχάριστοι αν μιλήσουμε για τον Σαββίδη γιατί πλήρωσε τα χρέη. Γιατί αλλιώς θα ήμασταν Άρης. Το είπα και πριν όμως. Γίναμε Άρης φίλε μου. Είσαι μία ομαδούλα όπως ο Άρης πλέον. Γι' αυτό και σε απέκλεισε το χωριό από τη Σουηδία. Και δεν αποτελεί έκπληξη, γιατί και ο Άρης και ο Ηρακλής αυτό θα έκαναν. Έγινες Άρης λοιπόν και τώρα... γουστάρεις!

I had more pride in PAOK with $15 Million in debt, a crappy website, a 2nd rate boutique, and bad dressing rooms.  The team and players had passion.  If you believe PAOK was anything more than a stepping stone and doorway for other MUCH larger investments, and nothing else, you're fooling yourself.  If some rich guy remodelled you bathroom and kitchen and paid your mortgage for a year, but then bangs your wife and laughs at you with his friends, will you be grateful?

I'll take a half baked Savvidis and Son over the years of old.  I think we all forget how players would leave at the end of every season with out being paid.  We forget how we were forced to sell players like Stafylidis and Vieirinha because we had debts to pay other players.  We forget Salpi being forced to leave even though he wanted to stay because again they needed to sell him to pay debts.  We forget how Malezas left the club not paid and as a favour he let it go and who knows how many others.  They were terrible years.

Savvidis is in it for himself.  Who isn't ?  Are any of the other owners any better.  No one is happy with what happened this week, but trust me, if Savvidis left PAOK would fall to pieces very quickly.  We are not, and have never been financially stable.  Wages would drop back to 150K for most players and even they wouldn't be paid.

As shitty as this elimination is, there is no way in f**king hell I want to go back to those days.  We had good moments, proud moments, but lots of bad ones also.

End of the day, the circus of hiring/firing TD's and managers has to end.  Will it end ?  Who knows.  Ivic broke the record at just over a season.  That says it all.  I've said it before, we could hire Mourinho and we'd be asking for his head in a month.

Off the field the teams lacks leadership, because the manager is new.  Is Lucescu any good for PAOK ?  Who f--king knows ?  Only the gods.  We'll find out soon enough.  On the field the team lacks leadership also but I don't see how this can be fixed right away.  You can't expect players we've signed to play "for the jumper".  Let's be honest, most of them wouldn't have heard of PAOK 3 years ago.  The only saving grace of this season so far is that we still have the core of players from last season which for us is a miracle.  Normally we would've made 10 signings by now to appease the fans.  The only person that can change the mentality of the players is the manager and right now he's been there two weeks.

If I die and get to meet God or Zeus or Thor or whoever, and they said to me "You can ask one question and it will be answered", a normal person would ask something like "What is the meaning of life" or something like that.  Instead I (because I'm a m-a-l-a-k-a) will ask "Why did Ivic really leave PAOK".

Ase, eimaste yia klammata.

agree 100% with you bananas, of course we are in better shape these days and for that I am thankful to Savvidis. But that doesn't excuse the fact at how poorly we are run, and now more than ever there is no excuse for it because we are financially stable and in a strong position. 

As I said earlier Ivan stays no doubt about that, but he needs to leave the people that he puts in place to run the football department actually run it. Our last 2 Td's have bought in good players and now it seems we are about to see the back of Michel. We will never contend as long as this merry-go-round continues that is a fact