Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2017

BostonThanatos

If I was Savvidis and Galatasaray wants to make a deal with me I would demand the 1.5 mil cash right on the table. None of this "we'll pay you later" as happened with Rodrigues. I have some reservations concerning the authenticity of the Leovac news.  If I was Galata I would not let that loser Tudor bring in his favourite playes from PAOK. I would have kicked his ass out following the Europa League debacle.

According to some Greek sites (can you really believe them?) Klaus has given his approval to being sold. If there is any truth to this, I think it is a good move for both parties.

The list continues. Linked with Daniel Torres, who is a DM who plays in La Liga. I don't know much about this guy.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/daniel-torres/profil/spieler/93142

Also, of note - I believe Stanojevic was like Tudor in more ways than one - I doubt he had any say in any of the transfers that were happening, and that none of our plans will have changed. All these guys are Michel's men, and thank goodness for that. Hopefully Lucescu can make it work.

There's a chance that Lucescu will decide he wants Warda on the list. He seems to be into discipline so maybe he can be redeemed.

The word is now (again) that El Kaddouri will be bought for 1.2 million and will sign the previously mentioned three year contract.

Warda needs to be set free without compensation and reported to FIFA. Instead we are again trying to find a team loan him.

Some Egyptians we had on the team in the past were good (Magdi, Hassan Brothers), but we had couple that had a screw loose (Shikabala, Warda).

Apparently this isn't the first time Warda has gotten a little handsy. Sneaky little guy.

El Kaddouri now reportedly coming on Wednesday. At this point, each of these reports has been wrong, so I'm not holding my breath. I'm sure that if this deal will be done, it will be at 11:59PM on the 30th.

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

Warda needs to be set free without compensation and reported to FIFA.

What did he do? can you update me please

Edited by mcp4

Where to start? He refused to undergo medicals when he came back from summer break, then started telling Egyptian reporters that he wanted to leave the club, then when we let him leave to the Saudi team, he disappeared after returning to Egypt for a visa (for 48 hours!). Then we somehow get him a loan deal to a better team in Portugal, and what does he go? Harass multiple players' wives - FOR THE SECOND TIME IN HIS CAREER.

21 hours ago, pash said:

El Kaddouri now reportedly coming on Wednesday. At this point, each of these reports has been wrong, so I'm not holding my breath. I'm sure that if this deal will be done, it will be at 11:59PM on the 30th.

It's obvious we are waiting to see if we make the group stage of EL first and also the results of the EPO elections on the 18th before we make any moves.

I saw at least one site claim that we're RACING to get him on the roster prior to this next set of games. Which is bizarre; there's no way he'd be fit to make an impact by that time. And frankly if we can't beat these guys without him, then we have much bigger problems.

2 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

And apparently he had similar issues while at Agrinio, with rumors running rampant about his night life. Who ever brought him to PAOK did not do any back ground checks.

Funny enough, I read a few weeks ago that he was bought quicker than they had planned (due to our injury/sales situation in January), and that Ivic given his blessings with the caveat that he knew nothing of the player's character. HOW the reporter knew this, and why the team would not have done part of this work as part of their own due diligence, was not explained. Personally, it sounds like revisionist history to me.

Στο καλό να πάει ο άνθρωπος. Ελπίζω να ξαναβρεί τον εαυτό του και να κάνει ακόμη τρεις καλές χρονιές στην καριέρα του πριν αποσυρθεί.

Good luck to him. Scored some great and important goals for PAOK in the past. I think in the end he lost his focus and concentration. Hopefully this move will kick-start his football career.

He will supposedly sign for two years and will be paid 650K per season. PAOK sets him free, but retains 35% of any resale value.

I can only assume that the club intends to buy another striker as having only Koulouris as backup is nowhere near enough.  Mak can play as a striker also, as evidenced in the match against Brondby but where teams park the bus it does not suit him.  As for Klaus, I am surprised he is considering leaving.  Sounds like the club is pushing him out.  Even though our title hopes are slim (until proven otherwise) we are at least a chance this season, in theory, for the first time in decades.  You'd think Klaus would want to be a part of that ... possibility.

he was never that good, couldn't deny his scoring record over a 2-3 year period but inevitably we'd come up in a big european game or a derby and he'd go missing. Just a pure poacher with nothing else going for him, in terms of football ability. As soon as his scoring dried up he offered nothing, that mind sound stupid but compare to Prijovic vs olimpic donestk, he didn't score but he brings the ball down, releases other players into dangerous positions and has the strength to play with his back to goal. 

Anyways i didn't mean for this to turn into a Klaus bashing sesh, if the move does go through then I wish him all the best and thank him for those couple of seasons where he was scoring for fun. 

Regarding Koulouris, he's still linked with a loan as well. We definitely still need another striker. I also wonder if we'll see a k20 player on occasion, if we do lose both Klaus and Koulouris.

Or maybe we can use one of our five goalkeepers in that position instead.

Hahahaha!

It's good that Klaus is leaving. He is moving on and we get rid of a player who probably would score no goals. Now Savvidis has to buy a real striker with a good salary. No better than Prijovic', but still a decent guy who will be coming from bench successfully, but also would be a starter when Prijovic is injured/suspended/out of form/exhausted. It is a very important transfer to me if we want to go for the championship and progress even further to my favorite Europe.

I figured El Kaddouri would wait until after we qualify to make his decision, but he's clearly on his way to Thessaloniki today. Might see it announced in the next day. As for the other names we've seen, I wouldn't expect them before next week.

21015621_2052969564934380_893992271_n.jp