Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2017

BostonThanatos

I just read an article by this scumbag Kolkas and he is openly criticizing the coach. I don't trust the coach myself, but the thing that this joke who claims to be a reporter says that, it means that already the Greeks of the team want Stanojevic out. I don't care about Stanojevic, but I hope he will stay and kick those κλικαδόρους right in their ass! I also hope that the Michel and Savvidis will support their choice. However, the truth is that the team didn't make any progress this summer. The good thing is that we are allegedly signing El Kaddouri who looks a great transfer!

My question exactly. I think I found the article he's referencing, but it gives very little info.

Unrelated, it seems the El Kaddouri deal will be done soon. Interesting that it notes he's agreed to a 3-year deal for 500k, which is less than I would have thought (http://inpaok.com/372936/). I also read yesterday that he might be coming to Thessaloniki as soon as today to close the deal, though who knows if that's wishful thinking.

Some reports were saying that he was a loaner with buy out clause.... I guess we'll see the details soon enough.  We need at least 2 more signings...hope fully a quality defender is in the works.  If the Carlos Zabrano rumors are true, he'd be a solid pick up as well.

Edited by BostonThanatos

I don't know how much Empoli values El Kaddouri, but if they are only getting rid of him due to a financial strain that comes from dropping a level, it's entirely possible they want a chance to keep him for a potential return to Series A next season (thus the loan). From what I can see on transfermarkt, he is *by far* their highest-valued player.

What Greeks? We don't have that many guys... I am referring first of all to Pelkas. I saw half an hour of the second half of today's friendly game against Lamia. To my eyes Pelkas was pissed to be playing along with the reserve players. He was just walking, unless the ball was ten feet or less close to him. All his playing and attitude was typical of his ego. Those "almost" professionals should be kicked right in the ass. The rest of the Greeks are all those who want to be part of the first choices of the coach and they are not. In those I put Athanasiadis, Konstantinidis, Koulouris, and Kace who is Albanian of course but I put him with the Greeks for obvious reasons. I don't think all of them included Pelkas are giving anything to the team. They are holding the mentality of the whole PAOK down and they do NOT let the club progress. However, each of them are many years in the team, more than a decade for each one, so they have some strong connections around PAOK and of course media friends like Kolkas.

To my point of view, whoever has talent and decides to stay at PAOK never progresses. Kudos to Stafylidis and whoever decides to leave.

On another topic, we have three center forwards, Prijovic, Klaus, Koulouris and is like we have one. Who is going to score when Prijovic is injured, suspended, or out of form? Unless Michel/Konstantinidis/Stanojevic/Savvidis expect Prijovic to nail 60 games this season and score 30-40 goals. This lack of a second decent striker puts in danger the whole project. And I know Mak might be able to play, but this should be an exception and not the rule.

I am not convinced at all from Stanojevic's coaching skills so far, but I don't like the fact that those scumbags are openly criticizing our coach. All in all, if someone needs to be criticized is Savvidis who found a coach with psihoula. We have a very important double game in Europe and with all those complaints coming from every corner and all this attitude from the whole PAOK family I can see us having a very very very hard time to make it to the group stages. I hope things aren't as bad as to get eliminated by the Swedish!

I have to agree on most of your points.

One thing I would really want to find out is why Ivic decided not to continue as the coach of the team. I don't think it was ever clearly explained why he left. That whole situation does not sit well with me. 

If Michel wants to make a statement, then he can get rid of Koulouris + Klaus and find another Greek striker. Surely there must be a decent option available somewhere. Hell, promote someone from the K20 if needed.

That said, I find it pretty amazing that these guys would try to sabotage the team when on paper, we should be able to mount a credible threat for the championship. We are SO CLOSE to where we want to be. Hopefully Stanojevic can win over at least some of these players, or someone else in the administration has a word with them. This should be a solvable problem.

Please God let #27 not be part of this clique.

Great post @Yiankos.  This is not the 1990's or even the early 2000's where you could have a great team using mostly Greek players.

The obvious danger with having so many foreigners is that the players won't be motivated to really give it all for the team.  But have players like Klaus given it all ?  I don't exactly see him driving the team forward.  Sure he tries but he's just not at the level required anymore.

The story by Kolkas is nothing surprising.  If anything, I'm surprised this sort of thing hadn't started earlier.  The truth is that there are very few of the Greek boys that are good enough to even be in the squad.  Glykos, Pelkas, Mystakidis and I'd throw Kace in there as well for depth and that's about it.  All the rest are just not good enough.  The only one I feel was given the run around was Konstantinidis.  If you have no intention of using the kid, sell him or loan him out.  Why bring him into the pre-season at all ?  And I still think loaning out Kitsiou is foolish if we aren't getting a better right back.  An injury to Matos and then what ?

As for us hellenizing the squad, maybe one day the best Greek players will come to us, but for now that is not the case.  Would I like players of the quality of Fortounis or Taxi at PAOK ?  Sure, but right now they ain't a coming.  It may be the case that any new kids from the K20 will be more professional in the current squad but the old guard that is there now, they are too set in their ways.  Time to give them all the flick.

Edited by Bananas

7 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

One thing I would really want to find out is why Ivic decided not to continue as the coach of the team. I don't think it was ever clearly explained why he left. That whole situation does not sit well with me. 

That will probably remain cloudy. And the whole story with the playoffs which I strongly believe Savvidis gave to Melissanidis in return for the cup. And I am saying this because after our defeat against AEK at OAKA, Ivic was calm and said that these things happen and the team didn't play quite well blah blah. And it was the only game that he started Charisis who never believed and who by the way was the MVP of PAOK at that game. The same Ivic who was aggressive and always complaining about the referees this time he sat peacefully and accept it in a game that he had every right to be furious with the referee who played at least 75-25 in AEK's favor. For those who don't remember, Mantalos should have sent off in the beginning of the second half, at the 75' there is a straight red card for an AEK's player and penalty for PAOK that was not given, and at the very end when PAOK tried desperately for the equalizing the referee did everything to keep PAOK out of AEK's penalty area, didn't give a handball right outside of the penalty area which led to Maleza's red card.

9 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Likewise, I would love to know.  A friend of mine who is a PAO supporter is adamant that Ivic lost the dressing room and the club hierarchy because of the beer can incident i.e. because of how Ivic "took a dive".  Who knows ?

1 hour ago, Yiankos said:

And the whole story with the playoffs which I strongly believe Savvidis gave to Melissanidis in return for the cup. And I am saying this because after our defeat against AEK at OAKA, Ivic was calm and said that these things happen and the team didn't play quite well blah blah.

I don't buy it, but who the hell knows.  If this actually happened and Ivic was forced into such a position, I can understand why he would leave the club and the GSL.  As for the referees, they were probably scared for their life after the offside call in the Cup and made doubly sure the calls went in AEK's favour.  Melissanidiis wasn't too happy after the Cup, ha ha.

So the death threats weren't enough? We need to start with the conspiracy theories now?

Klaus linked with Konyaspor(!) - please let this be true!!

Sites are also still continuing to reference both a buy deal and a loan + option for El Kaddouri. Empoli reportedly is dead set against a straight sale, so it looks like the loan is in order (I'm reading both that there is a fee involved and that there isn't - so who knows at this point). Lots of confusion on the details about this one, but the player seems to really want to move, which is great.

Zambrano also seems increasingly keen on a move to Greece. InPAOK posted a screenshot of his instagram saying as much, though when I tried to go to it myself the account was set to private. Is it possible that it was forged? Wouldn't put it past them.

1 hour ago, pash said:

So the death threats weren't enough? We need to start with the conspiracy theories now?

Klaus linked with Konyaspor(!) - please let this be true!!

Sites are also still continuing to reference both a buy deal and a loan + option for El Kaddouri. Empoli reportedly is dead set against a straight sale, so it looks like the loan is in order (I'm reading both that there is a fee involved and that there isn't - so who knows at this point). Lots of confusion on the details about this one, but the player seems to really want to move, which is great.

Zambrano also seems increasingly keen on a move to Greece. InPAOK posted a screenshot of his instagram saying as much, though when I tried to go to it myself the account was set to private. Is it possible that it was forged? Wouldn't put it past them.

Hi! Im new here! As for Zambrano and his Instagram, the picture is still there. His account name is"Carloszambrano5". Would be a great signing. From what I have seen he seems like a hotheaded guy so if we get him I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a red by doing something stupid.

Welcome! I noticed you logged in yesterday. Always great to have a new member of our weird family.

Some of my favorite defenders are hotheads. I had found his instagram earlier but couldn't see any photos, but I'll take your word for it. Hopefully this works out, we definitely need some reinforcement back there (though I've never seen him play).

8 hours ago, Bananas said:

I don't buy it, but who the hell knows.  If this actually happened and Ivic was forced into such a position, I can understand why he would leave the club and the GSL.  As for the referees, they were probably scared for their life after the offside call in the Cup and made doubly sure the calls went in AEK's favour.  Melissanidiis wasn't too happy after the Cup, ha ha.

I wouldn't want to buy it, but to my eyes all four (Marinakis, Alafouzos, Melissanidis, Savvidis) are corrupted. And Olympiakos/Panathinaikos have proven many times that they are the same thing, they have common interests, and they support each other whenever needed. Melissanidis got last year the CL qualification spot, just to have a good summer and keep AEK fans busy dreaming sheet(i)s. The transfers he made so far are quite mediocre and the team for AEK's name is a joke. If he wanted to form a serious team he would buy serious players. Same goes for Savvidi. Of course we have a better team than AEK, better players, and more expensive roster. Still Olympiakos is the most expensive roster of the league. And both PAOK and AEK want to win the championship all those years even though they have worse team than Olympiakos. And is not that they don't have money. When they are willing to give 50, 100 or even more million in a day, why they choose to buy cheap players for their teams? If we get El Kaddouri, Vieirinha, and Zambrano that changes our story, but all those years it's bullshit going around. And for Melissanidis we know it. He was best friend with Marinakis, then they... got divorce. They all have shares in common companies. So far Melissanidis has proven he doesn't care about AEK. All he did care was the stadium. Maybe they waited to change EPO in order to put some serious money. I will wait and see. However, I cannot say I am not disappointed with Savvidi. With 10 or 15 extra million he will win the league. That money is nothing for him. Why he didn't do it so far? I hope he will do it now. If we buy those three players and figure out a few more positions (Klaus/Koulouris/Center Forward, Kace/defensive midfielder) we will be having the best team ever since 2010 and the fans will at last believe in something.

PS: The two friendly games were horrible because one player didn't play. Biseswar. It's sad to say it, but without his abilities we cannot play serious football. Pelkas, or Djalma, or whoever plays 10 cannot do what Biseswar is doing. Sad but truth to my eyes. I hope El Kaddouri will be helping the team be creative.

Galatasaray (still) wants Leovac - 1.5mm was their offer. Definitely way too low, and frankly F*** Galatasaray.

Here are some videos of El Kaddouri, hopefully they make Yiankos feel better

Pash don't get me wrong. I am fine with PAOK not winning the league. I am not fine when I see people not backing their own words. Again, I feel we are in the better shape since 2010. On the other hand I cannot admit I feel bad that we have an owner/millionaire and for five years we are supposed trying wining the league and we are constantly having lower budget from Olympiakos.

What can I say? I want us to at least give winning it a goddamn shot. Amazing that our players don't seem to care as much.

The link I thought I pasted in for El Kaddouri's videos doesn't seem to have been pasted in. Whoops. Oh well, they're just youtube videos (for anyone interested).