Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2017

BostonThanatos

The Vieirinha train just won't slow down, so let's discuss what we would actually use him for if we DID actually get him.  He's beena RB in Wolfsburg, but I think Matos has solidified his position there.... If we bring him back as a right winger, then we have a surplus of players in that position.   Transfer market has him listed as a midfielder, but I don't remember him ever playing that position.  

I think transfermarkt lists him there because they don't have a dedicated slot for wingback on their site. He'd be a pointless move on our side, I wouldn't hate to see him back but we have much more pressing concerns than that.

Especially since Ivic and now Stanojevic are essentially trying to recreate Matos (and Vieirinha?) in the form of Deligiannidis...

This Mauricio guy apparently is our backup for that Kafou (Cafou?) guy, who just signed elsewhere. He's a free agent who recently played for Zenit: https://www.transfermarkt.com/mauricio/profil/spieler/53286

We're also still working on that Peruvian CB; I think we're waiting on Savvidis to return (on Thursday) before making the decision on what will hopefully be the end of our transfers for this summer.

Κεντρικός αμυντικός, κεντρικός χαφ, και Βιεϊρίνια πρέπει να έρθουν όσο πιο σύντομα γίνεται για να αφομοιωθούν από την ομάδα. Μετά να περιμένουνε να βρούνε κανένα κελεπούρι την τελευταία στιγμή και είμαστε καλούτσικα για πρωτάθλημα.

9 hours ago, Yiankos said:

Κεντρικός αμυντικός, κεντρικός χαφ, και Βιεϊρίνια πρέπει να έρθουν όσο πιο σύντομα γίνεται για να αφομοιωθούν από την ομάδα. Μετά να περιμένουνε να βρούνε κανένα κελεπούρι την τελευταία στιγμή και είμαστε καλούτσικα για πρωτάθλημα.

Nai, nai kai oxi.  I think the Vieirinha stories are just media "reports".  The guy is on 2.5 million in wages.  How much is he willing to drop his wages to come to PAOK ?  Even if he cut over 50% and let's say was happy with 1 million, is he worth it ?  If he was 27 or 28 years old and fit I'd be more interested, but at 31, and with his body being injury prone (you can virtually guarantee he'll have spells where he's out for 3-4 weeks at a time) I don't like the idea.  Then there is the question of where you play him ?  At Wolfsburg, he lost the kilos and played right back.  At PAOK I don't think he'll be so accommodating.  I'd expect him to pack the kilos back on and whinge about not playing where he wants.

Edited by Bananas

Νομίζω ότι εξέθεσες το worst case scenario. Best case scenario, είναι ότι φέρνεις έναν πρωταθλητή Ευρώπης, διεθνή με την Πορτογαλία στα 31 του, ο οποίος ξέρεις ότι θα ματώσει για τη φανέλα και θα κάνει τα πάντα για να κερδίσει τίτλους με τον ΠΑΟΚ. Για μένα αυτό δεν είναι μόνο τι θα βγάλει στο χορτάρι, αλλά είναι και τα αποδυτήρια, είναι και το ποιος θα βγει μπροστά στα δύσκολα και είναι και ποιος θα είναι παράδειγμα για τους νέους.

Όσο για τη θέση που θα παίξει, όπως έχω πει και παλαιότερα, το ποιος είναι βασικός αναιρείται μέσα στη χρονιά και στο τέλος παίζουν όλοι. Όπως ο Μαλεζάς σε όλη του την καριέρα στον ΠΑΟΚ ξεκινούσε από 4ος ή 5ος στη σειρά των κεντρικών αμυντικών και κάθε χρόνο έβγαζε 25-30-35 παιχνίδια. Και φυσικά δεν συγκρίνω τον Βιεϊρίνια με τον Μαλεζά. Δεν ξέρω σε τι κατάσταση είναι, αλλά αν είναι καυλωμένος να έρθει νομίζω ότι είναι μια πολύ καλή κίνηση με πολλά θετικά. Ακόμα και για τον κόσμο, τα διαρκείας, την συσπείρωση, την τρέλα και την ώθηση. Αυτά λένε το συναίσθημά μου.

And you know what? If you wanna be the badass counselor Harvey Specter (LOL) I have this for you. Does the 30 year old Djalma Campos worth 800k per annum and the 31 year old Vieirinha does not worth 1m or 1,2m?

Actually, I am only saying that if we want to be a big team we have to sign players from big teams. If we only get players from teams like Guingamp and some mid-Turkey teams we will not be able to achieve the goals we are SUPPOSED to have.

Jairo is one of the best dribblers in the team but that's all he has.  On his day he can destroy a full-back but he's just so inconsistent.  You never know what you'll get with him.  I wouldn't be surprised if you played him as a right winger all season, he would have better stats than say Campos (in terms of goals and assists) but Campos is like the anti Jairo.  He works hard off the ball, draws fouls, can hold up the ball.  I know who I'd rather be playing with on the pitch.  I think it's for the best Jairo continues his career at another club.

On 8/4/2017 at 0:27 AM, Yiankos said:

Νομίζω ότι εξέθεσες το worst case scenario. Best case scenario, είναι ότι φέρνεις έναν πρωταθλητή Ευρώπης, διεθνή με την Πορτογαλία στα 31 του, ο οποίος ξέρεις ότι θα ματώσει για τη φανέλα και θα κάνει τα πάντα για να κερδίσει τίτλους με τον ΠΑΟΚ. Για μένα αυτό δεν είναι μόνο τι θα βγάλει στο χορτάρι, αλλά είναι και τα αποδυτήρια, είναι και το ποιος θα βγει μπροστά στα δύσκολα και είναι και ποιος θα είναι παράδειγμα για τους νέους.

Όσο για τη θέση που θα παίξει, όπως έχω πει και παλαιότερα, το ποιος είναι βασικός αναιρείται μέσα στη χρονιά και στο τέλος παίζουν όλοι. Όπως ο Μαλεζάς σε όλη του την καριέρα στον ΠΑΟΚ ξεκινούσε από 4ος ή 5ος στη σειρά των κεντρικών αμυντικών και κάθε χρόνο έβγαζε 25-30-35 παιχνίδια. Και φυσικά δεν συγκρίνω τον Βιεϊρίνια με τον Μαλεζά. Δεν ξέρω σε τι κατάσταση είναι, αλλά αν είναι καυλωμένος να έρθει νομίζω ότι είναι μια πολύ καλή κίνηση με πολλά θετικά. Ακόμα και για τον κόσμο, τα διαρκείας, την συσπείρωση, την τρέλα και την ώθηση. Αυτά λένε το συναίσθημά μου.

And you know what? If you wanna be the badass counselor Harvey Specter (LOL) I have this for you. Does the 30 year old Djalma Campos worth 800k per annum and the 31 year old Vieirinha does not worth 1m or 1,2m?

I agree, I went with the worst case scenario.  All I know is when he was with us he always had a gilitsa and then after 6 months months at Wolfsburg he looked trim and muscly.  It's about being self motivated and professional.  Who knows, maybe now that he ... knows better ... he'll stay trim.  The injuries are a concern also, he's always been prone to them.  Then there is the question of where to play him and who you drop.  Just not sure about it is all seeing as right now our most important holes are in the CB and DM/CM positions.

21 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

When did Jairo cause trouble for the team? I don't remember any issues with him except that he is just an average player. Hence the constant loans. 

Sorry, I meant his case caused a lot of trouble because Stanojevic was supposed to count on him during the προετοιμασία. This is of course not Jairo's problem, the team just lost time counting on players that had to be re-evaluated by the new coach, so he can conclude that he is not at the level we need. Which we know two years now. This is a fault of Ivan Savvidis, Michel, and Pantelis Konstantinidis imo.

43 minutes ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Alexandros Paschalakis of PAS Giannina is close to sign for us. He will be the stand-in for Rey until Glykos returns. We don't need to pay a fee. Now, how do we get rid of Brkic???

We don't.  No chance any team will pay the wages we're paying.

From what I understand, Warda left Mykonos (where he was on vacation) for Egypt in order to get a visa to play for that Saudi club we're loaning him to. After arriving in Egypt, he turned off his phone and could not be located by anyone (his future club, his family, his agent) for two days. Naturally the Saudis are very unhappy with this, so the loan itself is now up in the air.

If true, it bodes the question...what is up with this kid? I have a feeling that a club like Panaitolikos would have put up with his bullshit since it's hard for a team of their means to get players as talented as he is...and that they would have cut him a LOT of slack. But when he came to PAOK, it seemed to come as a surprise to him that not only are we willing to discipline him, but that we have multiple players who are very easily as good as he is (and thus have the will to kick him to the curb). Must have come as quite a shock to our little Pharaoh.

-edit- and as soon as I wrote that, I read that the Saudis have indeed cancelled the loan. Now he's linked with Feirense, in Portugal. Amazing that he could F*** up his way into an even better deal/club.

Edited by pash

Some more news:

Pashalakis is about to be announced, on a one-year deal. Melissas will be loaned out to Lamia

El Kaddouri is also on our radar, as a #8 that will presumably enable Stanojevic's 4-4-2. https://www.transfermarkt.com/omar-el-kaddouri/profil/spieler/73097

Currently plays for Empoli, which is in Series B and presumably has to offload some of their more expensive players. Not sure how much of a deal we'd get on this guy (if any). He's also represented by Mino Raiola, interestingly enough.

Jairo may not end up in Serbia after all; seems that he's also linked with Sheriff Tiraspol in Moldova. Buy out set at 500k.

I think the board / coaches did good to sign Paschalakis. Every sub costs money but it can make the difference. Like in The Netherlands last year. Feyenoord had a strong back-up-keeper and when the first keeper got injured just before the start of the season he took his place in the goal. At the end Feyenoord won the title. Thanks to his some of his saves.

That's plausible Dutch Eagle, but on the other hand we already have Rey and Glykos for this year. Pashalakis will probably be another Vellidis. I was really frustrated when we got this mediocre and shitty player who I remember very well playing for Aris. I hope Pashalakis won't be as bad, but as Christo said, probably we are not going to see him playing a single game.