Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2017

BostonThanatos

We're "linked" with a number of goalkeepers. In addition to the aforementioned Lastuvka, I've also seen Pashalakis (from Giannina), Stojkovic (Nottingham Forest - active international), Bojko (Besiktas), and Zivkovic (Xanthi).

The rumors are that we are going for 2 keepers. One starter to replace Glykos and the other as a backup. I hope these rumors are not true. I would bring in one good one to be a starter and have Siabanis and Melissas (returning from loan to Sparti) as backups.

I have a feeling if Siabanis will not get any guarantees that he will get some playing time, he will not stick around for much longer.

Got linked to the below tweet by a dear paoktzaki on twitter, thought it would be worth sharing. I cannot see this possibly being true but it would be a HELL of a move.

Michel had some pretty interesting transfer-related things to say today at Stanojevic's press conference.

• Seemed to imply Leveque is backup/competition for Leovac, as he noted we had nobody that could really cover that position
  • Confirmed he's trying to get Vieirinha, mostly a matter of cost. Says he's too expensive for fan service, needs to be worth it for the positions and impact he'll have
  • They're giving Jairo another shot as his "natural position" is as second striker
  • Poured cold water over the idea of Pereyra having another chance; said that he's not physical enough and so they're looking for other players in that position (though he's still coming back for preseason). I foresee another loan to end the contract.
  • Had been in contact with a goalkeeper from a "top-four" league, who rejected the club due to not wanting to play in Greece - did not mention going for *two* goalkeepers, or what will happen with Brkic
  • Sampanis has written into his contract that he will get "5 or 6" games with the first team, definitely not being considered as our #1 for now...he'll be reevaluated once we have a #1
  • For Ndoye - calculated as a possible replacement of Cimirot (who we have not received offers for). Implies that Stanojevic doesn't necessarily have a space for this player in the formation(s) he'll be playing
  • For selling our players - we have no official offers, at least none that are worthwhile for us. He doesn't want to make any sales

I really like Michel's conferences, he is very to-the-point and open.

In Vierinha's case he basically passed the ball to Savvidis. He said he would like him on the team, but somebody (Ivan) needs to pay the price to keep fans happy. In any case with the fact that half of our home games will be without fans (approximate losses around 2 mil Euro) I really don't see Ivan paying the 2.5 mil that Wolfsburg wants to set Vierinha free.

As for Pereyra it's pretty much over for him. I think he will just be released from the contract.

In other transfer rumors, Antonis will join Sabo, and will not even be given a chance to prove himself. He will be loaned again, if not released all together.

Giannoulis will most likely be loaned to Atromitos for the next season. Atromitos has also asked for Chatizisaia loan.

The two keepers we are interested in are 32-year old Guillermo Ochoa from Malaga (his contract ends in a few days) and Jiri Pavlenka (Slavia Prague, he is 1.96 m. tall, 25 years old and should cost about 1,5 mil)

Other possible future PAOK-players: Swiss Darko Jevtic from Lech Poznan (a 24 year old midfielder) and Polish Michal Pazdan (a 29 year old central defender of Legia Warsaw, and international player for Poland).

Kitsiou and Charisis are heading to Belgium today in order to arrange the deal with Sint Truiden. If Kitsiou won't get a deal with Sint Truiden then there is the possibility of a deal with Mechelen/Malin (Belgium) or FC Groningen (The Netherlands).

Kitsiou may be going out on loan to Groningen (Netherlands), leaving only Konstantinidis as backup to Matos. I think this would be a good move for all parties, assuming Kitsiou gets playing time.

Similarly, Charisis is reportedly close to a move (also a loan) to Sint-Truidense, in Belgium.

Ochoa is offered a two-year contract with an annual fee of 650K in Euro's. He has other offers from clubs in Saudi Arabia, Belgium and Turkey. Antalyaspor would be ready to pay him 1.2 mil yearly, but Ochoa is sceptic to play in Turkey (and Saudi Arabia) for the abvious reasons (terrorism).

Just reading on inpaok.com that Argentinian media say that we have signed 26 year old Argentinian keeper Rodrigo Rey from Godoy Cruz. The fee is 2 mil and the contract for 4 years. He is supposed to be one of the better keepers in his country. Don't know him but in general keepers in Argentina are not that good. Let's see. If it is true and if he comes to us how he is.

Chatziisaias' one-year loan has been announced at Atromitos...same for Kitsiou and Charisis at their respective clubs

Pereyra's current club is expecting to eventually get him on a free transfer, he'll be back in Greece by the end of the week for what will probably be one or two training sessions.

Mak might end up back here because Zenit's new coach seems to want to bring in his own guys. Would be a loan with an option to buy.

Looks like Kitsiou also will be signing a contract extension soon (as he'd be free next summer).

As part of the loan deal, Kitsiou has a buy out clause of 1.2mm with 20% resale, while Charisis is 1.5mm with 20% resale

Has anyone been watching the confederations cup? I haven't seen any performances of Ochoa lately, but inPAOK is saying that we're going to "dramatically increase" our original offer of 650k. The player wants 1.5mm per year for two years. This would be a pretty big signing, if we made it.