Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2017

BostonThanatos

Charisis may be loaned out this summer, maybe back to his old club. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea, though I'd hate for them to give up on him. He's a good player.

Some Turkish publication is pushing the idea that we requested a trade between Rodrigues and Kace. Bizarre and obviously a load of BS. Also not sure how this would square away their debts - it's not like they wouldn't still owe us money for *someone*.

inPAOK reports that Gala just paid their first installment for the Rodrigues transfer (1.5 mil Euro). They still owe us 2 mil.

As for the Rodrigues - Kace swap that is just fake news coming out of Turkey and the gullible Greek media jumping all over it without checking out the facts.

It seems we're still very interested in Leonardo. His buy-out clause is 2.5mm, and he's the highest paid player in Serbia (510k/year). Sounds like someone we could easily afford, assuming he doesn't get snatched by someone in a better league.

From what I saw of him before, he looks real good, and plays in a position that I think we still need help in - left wing. Make it happen, Michel.

16-year-old Giorgos Theoharis will be trying out for our K20 squad for next season. Apparently he's already 6 foot 2 (1.92 meters). Ivic loves tall people, maybe he's convinced Garcia to join in that love.

11 hours ago, pash said:

It seems we're still very interested in Leonardo. His buy-out clause is 2.5mm, and he's the highest paid player in Serbia (510k/year). Sounds like someone we could easily afford, assuming he doesn't get snatched by someone in a better league.

From what I saw of him before, he looks real good, and plays in a position that I think we still need help in - left wing. Make it happen, Michel.

Interesting.  Good age.  His stats are outrageous.  There is always the question of pedigree though or lack thereof but it's a tricky one to judge.  Mak and Rodrigues had none before coming to PAOK.  They just needed a chance to play regular first team football and they just hit their stride.  The other thing to consider is we already have Campos, Henrique, Warda for the flanks as well as Pelkas, Mystakidis and Biseswar when required.

Something tells me they still want another guy there. InPAOK did say in their own article that we don't actually want him because he's not worth the price and is temperamental...but then again, they were the ones talking him up a few months ago.

Who knows. I just hope we find a good complimentary CF for Prijovic, make a few bucks off of whoever we sell, and proceed with qualifying for the CL.

IMO pelka is not a winger, against good teams with good defences he gets lost out wide. Same goes for Mysta. Bieswar is the one out of the 3 you mentioned @Bananas that is maybe more suited to the wing with his pace and ability to blow past players but, even he is far more suited to a central role. Campos and Henrique have their flaws and Warda as of yet, to me at least is still unproven. I think signing a starting XI quality player for the wing is one of the signings we need to make.
It would give us a little depth, with the other wing being interchanged between campos and henrique depending on the opposition. With the other guys mentioned pinch hitting out wide for rotation. 

Whether Leonardo is the man to take us to the next level I don't know. But his stats do look good. Let's see how it all plays out

I agree that Pelkas isn't a winger. I also think Mistakidis is better centrally, but judging by a few of the interviews I saw this year, he considers himself to be a winger, so I won't try to push the point (and just be happy that he is so versatile).

I will disagree with your comment on Biseswar's pace, though ;)

Since Henrique seems more comfortable on the right, it seems we still don't have a "natural" left winger. As said above, Biseswar can do it, as can Pelkas, but all three of our AMs are clearly better up the middle (and I'm including Warda in that number).

It makes sense, since there's talk about Leovac getting sold.

Whatever transfers we DO make, I want them done the day after the PAOK-PAO match.  I want next years squad together ASAP.  Whoever is to be loaned or sold, should be out immediately.  We have very little time before CL or EL matches, and I'd rather not see player players trickling in one by one to the Netherlands (?!?! Is that where the preseason training is, I always forget).

4 guys who will take a starting spot.  That's all we really need (depending no who's sold/released)  We've got some great options for the bench for the depth on the squad, but we're missing 3-4 top shelf (for our budget) players to come in and make an immediate impact.

I'd also like to see the training staff get on Biseswar's ass about his stamina.  The guy is great, but can't keep it up for 90 minutes but he should be in the starting 11. Make it happen.

I'll be honest, I'm not completely sold on Prijovic.  He's got lots of goals for his limited time with the squad, but his play hasn't really impressed me too much.  Most of his goals are Klaus-esque.  Right place, right time but with very little else offered.  Maybe I'm wrong, I haven't watched a lot of games this 2nd half.  (I catch 15-20 minute spurts here and there).

Edited by BostonThanatos

Prijovic is useful, but we really need someone who is completely *unlike* him. Someone like Mak, in other words. I'm not a fan of how Ivic is clearly having him play VERY deep (or on the sides) lately. It was brought up during the interview with Biseswar during the cup game, and it seems Ivic thinks this creates some sort of gap in the center as players pull off to cover Prijo...but when the guy you have coming up the center is Biseswar, I don't see how we can actually exploit those kinds of holes.

You'd think that if Biseswar has made it this far in his career with having such poor fitness, it would be an uphill battle to get him to that next level. Another reason why he plays in Turkey and Greece, I guess.

Agreed that transfers need to happen asap, but at least this time we will start preseason - and qualifiers - with essentially the same team we ended with. We might not have a better opportunity to make it through into the CL, as each time in the past we've had six starters being replaced. Team chemistry counts for something, and will only make us look better. Personally, I don't think we'll end up getting more than two or three players that will be incorporated into the squad...not unless we make some big sales.

Assuming Konstantinidis comes back, Leovac leaving might make sense - Kitsiou can play on either side, same with Matos...we might have a full compliment of fullbacks for once.

Have not heard anything for those two recently. Just that Galatasaray wants Matos. :grin:

As for Leveque, he is expected at Toumba on Monday to sign a 3-year deal. I am kind of questioning this move as the player was mostly inured for the past year or so.

I hope we don't sell Leovac and more so for Cimirot.  Leovac was decent last season, poor the first half of this season (I remember the calls for him being replaced) and he's finally come good in the second half of the season.  If anything we should be getting an equivalent or better LB to provide depth.  As for Cimirot, he's been solid all the way through this season and has had very few poor games.

Considering we paid 1.3 million for each player what should the offer be at which point we are satisfied with the sale ?  I would think at least 2.5 million for Leovac and for Cimirot anything under 5 million I wouldn't even consider.  He is 24 and is only going to get better.

As for Leveque, I can't understand why we would be going for an injured player.  Sure he may come good, but you're already playing with fire.  Why risk it.  All we need is for Leovac to get sold and for Leveque to be in and out of injury and we'll be calling for the purchase of another LB.  The irony.  We already have one, so keep him.

From what I understand, Leveque broke his ankle last season and then had some sort of rare/serious bacterial infection during the healing process. Hopefully he at least came back strong...though the few articles I see out there say he was struggling to get match fit as late as March. I do agree with you though; our team needs backups that would be starter-level at our competitors.

Cimirot is exactly the kind of player that I can see playing at one of those intermediate-level Spanish feeder clubs. A Villarreal or Seville. If they came knocking, I'd ask 3mm + 20% resale. I have big faith in this kid getting a larger move down the line. Leovac is not nearly as good a player, I think if someone wanted him for $2mm (and Ivic is pleased by what he sees of Leveque in training), the team would let him go.

I would try to keep the both. Continuity has been one of the biggest issues for us over the last 4-5 seasons. We now have a core of 6-7 players that are starting material so I wouldn't go shopping players around. Cimirot is a little different to Leovac in the sense he's younger and will be eyeing a move to a bigger league, that's fine, as other have said as long as we get a good price for him (4-5 mil would be awesome) and then use the money wisely to bring in a good replacement. 

If we are selling Leovac to bring in another left back who has fitness concerns, it's just an unnecessary risk imo. Leovac is fine, he gets it done, he's not perfect but he has improved. a good crosser, with good pace and he's constantly overlapping and supporting the attack. Our defence being solid has been a big feature for us this seasons (for the most part) try keep them together and see where it takes us. 

Some more rumors:

Giannoulis to Atromitos (loan)

Kace to Apollon Limassol (loan)

Cimirot to Germany ("multiple clubs" have made "multi-million euro offers")

Edited by pash

Le Havre (Ligue 2) also wants Leveque

Cimirot observed by Hoffenheim and Werder Bremen during the last match (possibly the same two clubs that were referenced earlier). InPAOK is saying there's a buyout clause in his contract, does anyone know what it is?