Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2017

BostonThanatos

Just now, pash said:

I've been seeing a surprising number of articles about Zivkovic (Xanthi's GK) being linked with us...which makes no sense at all. Seems it was just a story being drummed up by Serbian media.

Surely this is his agent playing games to raise the price, since today there is news out of Serbia that Olympiakos is also interesting in him.

Lamprou will be gone at least another year, so at least you'll get one wish granted. I agree on all three though. Hell, give Limnios back to Atromitos if he's getting regular game time.

inPAOK, in an article about foreign players, note that Jairo is not likely to come back to us next season. The club doesn't think he's good enough, though I'm not sure if that's a "for now" or if that's permanent. Assuming they keep him, we will have no room for any other non-EU players (we'd be at our limit), and we'd actually be over the limit if Pereyra comes back (which I'm sure he won't).

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Jairo is not brought back specifically because Michel already has his sights on someone.

http://inpaok.com/347996/

Are we going to be seeing B teams? That would be interesting. I thought this was something Savvidis had tried a few years ago, via a purchase of a second or third division team?

we are being linked with Benoit Costil, French goalkeeper from Rennes. He is a free agent in the summer and apparently we are offering a 3 year deal worth 2.5 million. He was in the French squad for the euros last year 

http://www.contra.gr/Columns/contra-epithesi/paok/gallos-gkolkiper-gia-paok.4647878.html

Edited by paokarag4

On 4/25/2017 at 3:20 PM, pash said:

Are we going to be seeing B teams? That would be interesting. I thought this was something Savvidis had tried a few years ago, via a purchase of a second or third division team?

I read somewhere that there would be starting 2018-19 season. 

On 4/29/2017 at 5:01 AM, paokarag4 said:

we are being linked with Benoit Costil, French goalkeeper from Rennes. He is a free agent in the summer and apparently we are offering a 3 year deal worth 2.5 million. He was in the French squad for the euros last year 

http://www.contra.gr/Columns/contra-epithesi/paok/gallos-gkolkiper-gia-paok.4647878.html

I just got around to looking this guy up. If we were to get him, he'd be worth twice as much as our next most expensive player (according to transfermarkt's numbers). Why would this guy want to come to Greece? 2.5mm also doesn't seem that much...

Also - kind of funny how we've been trying to replace Glykos for the past four or so years, and each year he keeps winning out. Is this where we need to be spending our money?

-edit- and after I wrote this I saw that he apparently has agreed terms with Bordeaux. So...there you go

Edited by pash

The Costil transfer was never going to happen.  Great in theory though.  And yes, Glykos much to my amusement, keeps winning the GK position.  Having said that Glykos seems to have improved in the "howlers" department this season.  By that I mean he hasn't done many howlers whereas in previous seasons it was a matter of if not when.  He's still got the Cup Final though to absolutely destroy that statistic just like in the last final with PAO!

• Like it 1

The one transfer I think we still need, is a Mak-style speedster who can play centrally. Ditch Klaus for him, and we'll have a much more adaptable and unpredictable offensive line. Make it happen, Michel.