Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2017

BostonThanatos

They can say what they want, but after Indeje and Milevojovic left Oly, we became the best team in the league (In my humble opinion)... I just don't understand how we drop points to teams like Iraklis, Atromitos, etc.  We need to turn the page on this mindset and start the new season with the attitude of champions.  We got in our own way this year.  Maybe Ivic's inexperience played a role, maybe the lack of solid chemistry also was a factor...but if we keep certain players and upgrade 3-4 more positions with Champions League type players, we should be in good standing.  

Even ignoring transfers, the players we do have now should be much more effective after they've been together for a full year. In retrospect, this season ended up much closer than any of us would have thought - just as it was a few years back with Anastasiadis. Both have resulted in us blowing our chances.

4 hours ago, Nea Bafra said:

i have my fingers crossed that we dont make 11 changes this offseason again

If we got 11 players who were all significantly better than what we have, sure, I'm all for getting 11 new players, and keep our current best 11 for rotation!

But seriously, if Ivic stays, I can see us getting 3 or 4 players.  

In order of importance :-

- another striker who can complement Prijovic.  Loan out Koulouris and let Klaus see out his days on the bench.  Or keep Koulouris as an understudy.  Either way, I don't want both Klaus and Koulouris in the squad.  Only one.

- another DM to help provide rotation/backup for Canas.  Cimirot and Shakhov can do it against weaker teams but not against the stronger teams.  Against Schalke we needed to 2 x Canas.  Canas, Cimirot, Shakhov are strong players overall but more depth would be even better.  I'd trade my left testicle for Natcho to be in the squad.  Kace and especially Charisis either need to step up or be replaced, sorry to say.

- another winger, but only if he is CLEARLY MUCH better than Campos.  Otherwise, don't bother.

- a Goalkeeper, but only if he is CLEARLY MUCH better than Glykos.  Otherwise, don't bother.  I don't see this happening.

- a RB as cover for Matos.  I'm a bit torn on this one as Kitsiou has played quite well recently.  Not sure.

The important thing is that our best 11 is actually quite decent.  It's the next 11 after them that are not so great.

• Like it 1

I agree, more or less. It's good that we don't have a need for an attacking midfielder - I think next season there will be a lot of competition between Pelkas/Warda/Biseswar.

More important - who do we axe?

• Biseswar, Campos - I'd be fine with both leaving. I don't see Campos as being much better than Jairo, who would be much cheaper anyway. Biseswar is also much too inconsistent, especially relative to a resurgent Pelkas and the gun that's known as Warda.
  • Klaus needs to go, he's too inconsistent. It pains me to say it, but we can do better. I'd say maybe bring someone up from the youth team (esp since Lamprou won't be back for another season), but if that happens then Koulouris needs to be loaned out (to a stronger league). We need someone with experience, if we get someone at all.
  • If Ivic isn't going to use him, then get rid of Kace as well and replace with someone who's at least Canas level. It's obvious how vital that position is now, we need to have someone good in there. Preferably Natcho ;)
  • Charisis needs to be loaned out. We don't need three central midfielders. I think he's too good to abandon, but he needs playing time.

I'd only really want a new winger if we get one in the style of Mak. As in, with ridiculous speed/acceleration. This, to me, would be a lower priority than other positions.

For right back, let's not forget we're getting Konstantinidis back too. Going to offer some competition there, and his speed will be useful. Will he be good enough, though? Unsure.

1. Καλύτερο τερματοφύλακα από Γλύκο.

2. Σοβαρό αριστερό μπακ. Λέοβατς να φύγει και μπακ απ της μεταγραφής οι νεαροί μας.

3. Σοβαρό αρχιδάτο σέντερ μπακ. Και θα έχουμε μεταγραφή/Βαρέλα/Κρέσπο/Μαλεζά/Πούγγουρα

4. Σοβαρό αμυντικό χαφ και σοβαρό 8άρι. Ο Κάνιας είναι ο καλύτερος που υπάρχει στο 6 αλλά δεν είναι για πολύ μεγάλα πράγματα πιστεύω και ειδικά μόνος του. Να φύγει ο Κάτσε και ο Χαρίσης αφού δεν τους υπολογίζει ο Ίβιτς και στο κέντρο να έχουμε μεταγραφή/Κάνιας/Τσίμιροτ/Σάχοφ και ακόμα μία μεταγραφή δυνατού 8αριού. Η χρονιά είναι μεγάλη και χρειαζόμαστε πέντε παίχτες πρώτης γραμμής εκεί.

5. Μεταγραφή δυνατού εξτρέμ και σοβαρού 10αριού. Να φύγουν οι Μπίσεβαρ και Τζάλμα ή να μείνει ένας από τους δύο ως μπακ απ. Οπότε στις θέσεις πίσω από τον επιθετικό να έχουμε μεταγραφή/μεταγραφή/Ενρίκε/Μυστακίδη/Πέλκα/Ουάρντα και ίσως έναν εκ των Μπίσεσβαρ ή Τζάλμα.

6. Μεταγραφή δυνατού επιθετικού αναλόγου τιμής με τον Πρίγιοβιτς. Η χρονιά είναι μεγάλη και υπάρχουν τραυματισμοί, τιμωρίες και παιχνίδια Κυριακή - Πέμπτη - Κυριακή. Η ομάδα πρέπει να έχει δύο επιθετικούς πρώτης γραμμής ακόμη κι αν παίζει με έναν επιθετικό. Και από πίσω να καθίσει ο Κουλούρης. Ήρθε η ώρα για την αποχώρηση του Κλάους.

Άρα στη σούμα θέλουμε 8 αρχιδάτες μεταγραφές. Όπερ σημαίνει μεταγραφές που θα βάλει το χέρι στην τσέπη ο Σαββίδης. Έτσι θα πάμε για πρωτάθλημα και θα ανεβούμε επίπεδο. Αλλιώς μπορούμε να κάτσουμε και να ελπίζουμε ο Πέλκας και ο Χαρίσης και ο Μυστακίδης να παίξουν 500% μπας και γίνει κάτι σημαντικό.

Matos, Prijovic, Henrique, Canas, Warda are our quality players in terms of the GSL. 

Xarisi, Klaus, Koulouris, Kitsiou should be shown the door... not at the required standard. 

All others are OK but if club wants to be truly successful, meaning contesting for the title from Rd 1, then it should look for upgrades on these guys. 

Read a few things lately...

First off - and this is not regarding players, but admin/staff - it seems Michel is on the hunt in the Netherlands and Portugal: http://inpaok.com/343181

I've also seen that the Turks (or at least one periodical there) are once again linking Stoch with us. I'll reiterate that I think he's a gun and would love him back, though he carries some risk in terms of his wages and attitude. I'd say at this point his time at Fenerbace is definitely at an end.

7 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

There can't be enough. 

Who is interested in another Pietro Vierchowod or Andoni Goikoetxea in youthsquads or abroad? :play-448698:

You're going back a ways there!  Vierchowod, just brutal.  Back when the job of the defender was to hack the opponent into submission.

From wikipedia.  I especially liked Maradona's description, ha ha.

Nicknamed lo Zar, Vierchowod was a tenacious and physical centre-back, who possessed great pace; he was considered one of the toughest Serie A defenders of the 1980s and the 1990s, due to his immense strength, tight marking of opponents, and hard tackling style of play. His speed, anticipation, and ability to read the game enabled him to break down opposing plays, win back possession, and intercept loose balls; these attributes also allowed him to excel in the zonal marking defensive system during his later career. Despite his aggressive playing style, he was also regarded as a fair player both on and off the pitch.[1][2][5][6][7]

In an interview with Argentine magazine El Gráfico, Argentine footballer Diego Maradona, widely regarded as one of the greatest players of all time, dubbed Vierchowod his toughest opponent,[8] stating that "[Vierchowod] was an animal, he had muscles to the eyelashes. It was easy to pass by him, but then when I raised my head, he was in front of me again. I would have to pass him two or three more times and then I would pass the ball because I couldn't stand him anymore". Throughout his career, Maradona gave Vierchowod the nickname Hulk.[1]

Gary Lineker also revealed in an interview with FourFourTwo that Vierchowod was "the hardest defender he ever faced" adding "he was absolutely brutal and lightning quick. He gave me one or two digs."[9]

Edited by Bananas
  • Like it 1

I've been seeing a surprising number of articles about Zivkovic (Xanthi's GK) being linked with us...which makes no sense at all. Seems it was just a story being drummed up by Serbian media.