Phantis Forums

2017-2018 Pre Season Training News

Dutch Eagle

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The non-internationals have holiday till June 21st when they are expected to be back in Thessaloniki. July 2nd our club will travel to Horst and July 16th they will be heading back to Greece.

EL Q3-leg 1 will be July 27th. 

• 2 weeks later...

The pre season friendlies while being in The Netherlands are announced:

July 4th against a yet unknown second tier team;

July 8th against Club Brugge;

July 12th against VVV Venlo (just promoted to the Dutch Eredivisie);

July 15th against Ajax.

Venues not released yet. Might grab some games.

Edited by Dutch Eagle

I think the first three games will take place at Horst or nearby. I heard the Ajax game will take place in Amsterdam. All this info is preliminary and final contracts have not been signed yet.

Stonojevic wants to see the players earlier than June 25th (somehowe the 21st I mentioned earlier was changed) to get to know the players better. Therefore the first day he will have the roster together is scheduled now for June 22nd.

Scheduled pre-season friendlies (preliminary information)

July 4:  AFC Tubize (Proximus League - Belgium 2nd division)
July 8:  Club Brugge KV (Jupiler League - Belgium 1st Division)
July 12: VVV Venlo (Eredivisie - Holland)
July 15: Ajax Amsterdam  (Eredivisie - Holland)

All pre-season games will be televised live in Greeve by Novasport.

The revised pre-season friendly schedule is as follows:

July 4:  AFC Tubize (Proximus League - Belgium 2nd division)
July 8:  Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine)
July 12: VVV Venlo (Eredivisie - Holland)
July 15: Ajax Amsterdam  (Eredivisie - Holland) -  The game will be played behind closed doors

They're also planning a friendly for when they return to Thessaloniki (on the 21st). Reportedly it's Anorthosis, but if that doesn't happen it'll be Nice again. Will be the last friendly before we attempt to qualify for the EL.

Maybe Huub Stevens will come and watch.

PAOK will play a friendly game against Anorthosis at Toumba on July 21, which is 6 days prior to our first Europa League game.

The pre-season friendly schedule is as follows:

July 4:  AFC Tubize (Proximus League - Belgium 2nd division)
July 9:  Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine)
July12: VVV Venlo (Eredivisie - Holland)
July15: Ajax Amsterdam  (Eredivisie - Holland) -  Amsterdam Arena - The game will be played behind closed doors 
July21:
 Anorthosis Famagusta (Cyprus) - Toumba Stadium

The friendly against Shaktar is off. The Ukrainian team is leaving The Netherlands earlier than planned and cancelled the game.

Instead we will play (99% sure) on the 7th of July against AA Gent.

These 33 players were selected by Stojanovic to go to The Netherlands on Sunday:

Μπρκιτς , Μελίσσα , Σιαμπάνη , Μούτσα, Λέοβατς , Λεβέκ, Δεληγιαννίδη , Μάτος , Βαρέλα , Κρέσπο , Μαλεζά , Πούγγουρα , Δημητρίου, Σάκχοφ , Κάνιας , Τσίμιροτ , Κάτσε , Πέλκα , Μπίσεσβαρ , Κάμπος , Ενρίκε , Ουάρντα , Μυστακίδη , Λημνιό , Αθανασιάδη , Κουλούρη , Πρίγιοβιτς , Δημητριάδη , Κωνσταντινίδη , Ζάιρο , Κοροβέση , Κάκκο , Πατράλη.

The friendly against VVV Venlo will be played in Arnhem. It is the same venue as they played last year against Steaua Bucharest: Marasingel 251, 6846 DX  Arnhem. It is the ground of Arnhemse Boys Schuytgraaf. Kick off 17:00 (=18:00 GRT). I think I will go. The adres is still in my navigation-system of my car :play-448698:

The friendlies against Tubize and Gent will be played at sportpark Kerkebos, Molenstraat 37, 5866 AA Swolgen. It is the ground of Sporting Swolgen Tienray.

The game against Tubize (or Tubeke if you prefer the Flemish/Dutch name above the Walloon/French name) will be played on the 4th of July. Kick of 18:00 (19:00 GRT)

The game against Gent will be played on the 7th of July. Kick of 16:00 (17:00 GRT)

I saw that there will be no entrence fee.

At first I read that warda would be loaned out due to our getting Ochoa (non eu player limit). Now I'm reading it's because of a discipline problem. Does this have to happen every year?

I think it's the discipline. He refused to submit to physical tests. Also don't forget he used the "fell asleep at the airport" excuse when he missed the plane from the African Cup game last season.

Hope to catch a stream of the first game while vacationing in the Caribbean.