Phantis Forums

2017-2018 Pre Season Training News

Dutch Eagle

10 minutes ago, Dutch Eagle said:

I hear on Metropolis that it is a own by Bandalovski.

Could have been. A lot of weird stuff happened in the lead up to the goal. Including like three handballs.

Finally managed to create a new account. What a painful process. 

Watching the game now. Toumba is pathetically empty, and the team appears to be still on vacation. Is that how they played in 1st half?

Even worse!

Either way, it's obvious the team hasn't given a s%$#! during any of these friendlies. I think we need to go down a goal early vs the Ukrainians to light the fire again.

On 7/18/2017 at 2:23 PM, Blackhawk said:

August 30 is the deadline for transfers Yianko.

Δεν διαφωνώ Χρήστο, αλλά θεωρητικά πάμε για πρωτάθλημα φέτος και υπάρχει μία πολύ μεγάλη καθυστέρηση στις κινήσεις.

Δύο από τις πιο σημαντικές θέσεις που χρειαζόμαστε παίχτες είναι ο κεντρικός αμυντικός και ένας στο κέντρο. Παρόλο αυτά δεν πήραμε κανέναν. Το βλέπεις λογικό; Και το να φέρουμε παίχτη 20-30 Αυγούστου χωρίς προετοιμασία και μετά να περιμένουμε ένα-δυο μήνες μέχρι να βρεθεί στο 100% θα είναι μεγάλο πισωγύρισμα. Αφού θεωρητικά πάμε για πρωτάθλημα και λεφτά υπάρχουν, γιατί καθυστερούνε τόσο αυτές οι δύο πολύ σημαντικές μεταγραφές;

Ideally you want the team to be 100% ready at the start of the SL season, but that is almost impossible. The good players that are on the market will wait until the last minute to get the best deal possible. Also the team might want to wait and see if some prospective players are cut from rosters by other teams. Also don't forget the European season starts way too early in order to do a proper planning. Players might want to wait and see if the team will play in the group stage before they commit. There are just too many angles preventing teams to be 100% ready before the league kick off. Also don't forget we are talking about a Greek league, which stands a good chance of not starting on time either. 

I think this season we are in fairly good shape, because we already have a core team from last season. We only need to bring in couple players in the positions you mentioned above. I think the team will ready for the SL. The only thing that worries me is the 6 games we are going to play behind closed doors.

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

The only thing that worries me is the 6 games we are going to play behind closed doors.

about that...if the season starts late, will the teams we play without fans change?  or is it guaranteed to be kerkyra(round 2-whenever that is), (r4) panaitolokos, (r5) giannina....

also i thought paok was starting the season off with negative points again because of the cup final.  according to novasports only panathinakos is starting the year with less than zero points

Actually it is the first 7 home games in Superleague and Greek Cup combined. It was assumed that the 7th game will be a cup game. The only problem is that we assume things. Things change on daily basis in Greece and anything is possible.

As for the point deductions, our point deductions were applied in last season's playoff standings.

4 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Ideally you want the team to be 100% ready at the start of the SL season, but that is almost impossible. The good players that are on the market will wait until the last minute to get the best deal possible. Also the team might want to wait and see if some prospective players are cut from rosters by other teams. Also don't forget the European season starts way too early in order to do a proper planning. Players might want to wait and see if the team will play in the group stage before they commit. There are just too many angles preventing teams to be 100% ready before the league kick off. Also don't forget we are talking about a Greek league, which stands a good chance of not starting on time either. 

I think this season we are in fairly good shape, because we already have a core team from last season. We only need to bring in couple players in the positions you mentioned above. I think the team will ready for the SL. The only thing that worries me is the 6 games we are going to play behind closed doors.

Money talks Christo. The rest are bs.

Πέρυσι πήραμε Σάκχοφ και Μάτος τέλη Μαΐου ή αρχές Ιουνίου. Δεν λέω ότι αυτοί είναι παιχταράδες. Απλώς δίνω ένα παράδειγμα. Φυσικά και κάποιες μεταγραφές γίνονται τελευταία στιγμή και το καταλαβαίνω απόλυτα. Από την άλλη όμως, αφού έχουμε τον κορμό και θεωρητικά πάμε για πρωτάθλημα, γιατί να μην φέρουμε αυτούς τους τέσσερις που έπρεπε να φέρουμε από την πρώτη στιγμή και να κάνουν προετοιμασία με την ομάδα και να είμαστε πανέτοιμοι; Και μετά αν κάτσει καμία καλή ευκαιρία τέλη Αυγούστου μακάρι να έχουμε και περισσότερο βάθος. Αν έβγαινε σοβαρά στην αγορά η ομάδα να προσφέρει συμβόλαιο 1 μύριο ή και παραπάνω σε σέντερ μπακ και κεντρικό χαφ, μια χαρά θα τους είχαμε κλείσει. Ας κάνουν ότι θέλουν, απλά δεν μπορώ να ξαναπάμε για πρωτάθλημα με μικρότερο μπάτζετ από τον Ολυμπιακό. Το κάναμε πέντε χρόνια και πιστεύω ότι ήρθε η ώρα να σταματήσει αυτό.

Κατά τα λοιπά συμφωνώ απόλυτα ότι η ομάδα είναι σε καλή φάση γιατί έχει κρατήσει τον κορμό από πέρυσι. Πέραν του Μακ όμως δεν έχει γίνει κανένα βήμα προς τα εμπρός κατά τη γνώμη μου. Με τον προπονητή χάσαμε πολύ χρόνο μέχρι να κλείσει και μετά ο ίδιος έχασε πολύ χρόνο μέχρι να μάθει την ομάδα κάτι λογικό. Αστειότητες με παίχτες όπως ο Ουάρντα επίσης δεν βοηθάνε. Μακάρι να πάνε όλα καλά, αλλά για να ανέβει το επίπεδο πρέπει να ανέβει το μπάτζετ. Αν βγεις στην αγορά και ψάχνεις σέντερ μπακ με 500 χιλιάρικα και να σου βγει ο παιχταράς του 1,2 μύρια, τότε συγγνώμη αλλά αυτό δεν θα γίνει.

Another friendly was announced today: August 8th, 19:00 EEST against PAS Giannina. No fans allowed in Toumba. Looks like they want to simulate the situation of the first 7 matches on national level. It is just one day before the other arranged friendly against Lamia. That game (kickoff 20:00 EEST) will also be played without a crowd..... 

Edited by Dutch Eagle