Phantis Forums

Belgium vs Greece (25 March 2017- King Baudouin Stadium, Brussels)

This is a very promising result. We can be disappointed given the likelihood we had to win before Tachtsidis was sent off, but if you were to tell me we would be 1-1 against Belgium this morning, I would've considered that a great outcome. Our defense proved itself against one of Europe's best attacks (even without their two stars).

• Like it 3

The ref just took 1st place away from us. Piece of s%$#!.

The boys played there asses of and played rock solid defense and very organized in the back.. we deserved a lot better. we frustrated the hell out of Belgium and took advantage of there mistakes. Great job great result but it should have been a win if we had 11 players on the field.

• Like it 3

Fantastic game by almost all of the players. Our left side defensively was excellent with tzavellas and stafylidis. Tachtsidis should have been taken out at half time. He was clumsy in the first half and lazy with his passes.

mitro continues his form with that fantastic finish. In a huge game like this I thought kapino did fantastic. Big losses for Bosnia game though with suspensions

• Like it 1

Very very good result. If Taxi hadn't been sent off I dare say we hold on for a win. Up until the red card the belgians looked toothless in attack. In the end took a huge double save from Kapino to get the result but we take it. 

Keeps us in second place, and more importantly maybe, it means we can go to Bosnia and afford a draw. Huge result in every single way. 

• Like it 1

I also dont understand the bad talk about the ref. I thought he was generous to us on many occasions.   I know it hurts but that was definately a yellow card on Taxi .  I cant comment on the injury time as i stopped watching after they tied it because i was certain they were gonna pop in another one.

I have been negative about the teams play up until this point as I don't think we've played well at all but today I have nothing negative to say these boys played their asses off if we had 11 players on the field we would've won this game. We frustrated Belgium as they had no answer for our defense. A couple guys struggled on our team and gave them all away pretty easy but overall great performance great defence of effort great result.

Samaris was very average for me today. Maybe I'm expecting him to play killer passes and try and create something further up the field. But I get what his job is, his job is to stay deep and help out the defence. Tachtsidis should have not gotten a second yellow. The foul wasn't that bad. We have 4 maybe 5 key players missing in our next big match against Bosnia. I also think Stafylidis is a liability in defence. You can't trip over yourself like that and he almost cost us an own goal. Positive of the match was we were focused and determined throughout the match. We were organised and pressed them well. I just hope we see the same in the next match. We were so close to a win, a win that would've helped us.